Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic London Heathrow Airport Forum | LHR Spotting - Northern Perimeter

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 7 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
This post was edited on Wednesday 1st August, 2012 at 08:22 GMT
Hello!

I've been spotting in Heathrow today in the morning and wanted to catch the MH A380. Therefore I went to the Northern Perimeter, as described as spot L in your spotting guide: http://http://www.plane-mad.com/airport-spotting-guides/united-kingdom/london-heathrow-lhr-egll.html

Unfortunately there was no possibility to take photos through the fence, as there was a metal board tagged to the fencing. Do you use a ladder or something to step up in order to take your photos?

I've never been anywhere else than Myrtle Avenue when spotting at Heathrow, so I was wondering if there are any other good positions?

Cheers,
Sebastian
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
There are other positions but it depends on the wind (and therefore landing direction). time of day and weather. The LHR guide has a number of places to go, and by looking at the pictures taken from each place, you can work out what time of day to go there from. Dan did a good job setting up this feature on the site and people should certainly use it.
Thank you!

Yes, I've seen the spotting guide and it helped a lot, but unfortunately I wasn't able to take any photos throught the fence...do you guys use ladders or something to get your lenses over the fencing. I'm kinda confused right now... happy

Cheers,
Sebastian
Quote Quoting Der Flieger, from a previous post

do you guys use ladders or something to get your lenses over the fencing.

Probably best to find a picture you like and PM the photographer. flcriminal usually has some superb close ups. I don't do LHR much as I live near MAN, so have to travel light.
Ok thank you, I'll do that! happy
I got told how they do the evening arrivals once but its a closely guarded secret, most likely to deter police looking at a big group near the fence i guess so dont be suprised if no one tells you because unfortunatly, you know security these days they would move you on then hang around until yu have gone but you might get lucky.

The key to fence shots is see something good, go up and take a pic then retreat back about 10 metres then do it again when another lands/takes off.
Thanks for your answer!

Yes, I've already experienced the Heathrow police a few times and also got checked by them. Ok, I'm gonna try your tactic the next time I'm spotting at Heathrow.

Cheers!
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: