Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic London Heathrow Airport Forum | Official Viewing Area - LHR

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 14 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
All,

I have set up a petition to try to get the BAA to build an official viewing area at LHR, I need your signature. Many enthusiasts have signed up, the more we get the more power we have to our goal!

Please please sign the petition. Just cut and paste the web address below into your browser, it only takes a minute for what I hope will be a great return.

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...-viewing-area#

Come on everyone, let's make this happen!happy

Cheers
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
Quote Quoting rcooze, from a previous post

Your link doesn't appear to work. I suspect it's incomplete.
This is the web address that must be copied and then pasted into your web browser. It's not a link.

It's correct as I have had many signatures already.

Cheers
When I typed it in to the browser Change.org came up with a 'Well this is embarrassing page saying there was no petition with that link
Quote Quoting Labs340, from a previous post

When I typed it in to the browser Change.org came up with a 'Well this is embarrassing page saying there was no petition with that link

Go to the Home page of Change.org and search for 'BAA - HEATHROW AIRPORT: OFFICIAL VIEWING AREA'. You will then be taken to a page containing details of the petition and a signature 'block'.
Hi all.
I would like clarification on what exactly you want in a veiwing area that we dont already have? Were very lucky we have mrtyle, renaisance covering, heron feild and esso garage. All of which the authorities respect our hobby, so what else do you want?
Thanks.
An official viewing area which allows aircraft to be viewed from within the confines of the airport itself. Yes, you can get some fantastic approach shots from Myrtle Avenue and the Esso Garage is also not a bad spot, but, with the possible exception of the Renaissance Hotel (which charges a king's ransom for the privilege), I don't believe that any of the locations referred to in your post enable photographs to be taken of aircraft on stand or taxiing in the immediate vicinity of the terminal. Incidentally, if you don't agree with the proposition, you can always refrain from signing the petition.
Hmm, I see. It would be nice, isnt there the cafe's though? E.g: cafe nero, i know photography is a challenge, but it does the job?
Quote Quoting 757man, from a previous post

isnt there the cafe's though?

I don't know is the honest answer. You used to be able to take half decent photos from the top floors of the various multi-storey car parks that are dotted around the airport complex (always assuming, of course, that you could afford to pay the extortionate charges), but, if you try to do that now, you'll very quickly be accosted by a burly security guard and told to clear off!
I know what you mean. It would be nice, i would sign but i cant find the petition regardless of what i search on change.org.
Type BAA into the find bar and it is at the bottom saying

BAA- LONDON HEATHROW: OFFICIAL VIEWING AREA
Guys forget it , there is official viewing area at Heathrow Academy. No one will built another one cry
I do agree with flcriminal. Sadly after injecting cash into T5 and the new T2, our hobby is not there priority, the covering at the acedemy is as flcriminal says the 'veiwing area' though flawed. Maybe you could focus on changing the idea that when you go to the car parks your not treated like a philistine?
They should never have done away with the Queens Building,but hey,thats progress.sad
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: