Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic Manchester Airport Forum | News from August 2016

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 60 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
The old thread was getting a bit too long.

To kick things off...

Two Etihad B773 due around 17.00 with a total of nearly 800 PAX. Could be a bit busy in the arrivals hall.
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
A bit more news on the above.

It seems that this mornings EY15 (A6-ETG) departed Abu Dhabi, reached the top of the Gulf and then turned around to land at Bahrain. Presumably a tec fault.

It looks like the aircraft was replaced with A6-ETG which departed Bahrain some hours later and arrived at Manchester a few minutes ago.

EY21 (A6-ETI) followed around 40 minutes later.
Bit quiet on here these days??? Anyway seeing nobody has mentioned this I'll do it Emirates are upgrading EK21/22 to an A380 on the 14th to the 29th of October just for the second half of October only but are still triple daily A380 from 1st January 2017.

Also I wonder if EK will announce the 4th daily flight on the day they announce that they've hit the 1million passengers mark and what makes it interesting is that they have dropped plans to launch the 4th daily Gatwick flight which was due to be launched on the 1st October.
Does anyone know if Air China are still planning to launch shanghai anytime soon wasn't it supposed to be a October launch date.
Thomascook news...

As I have previous reported Thomasccok Uk are taking 3 B757-300 from Condor this will now be 4 with D-ABOI making the transfer to the UK register, this will replace G-TCCB and G-DAJC which will transfer to Condor as normal for the winter then return next April for checks before transferring to the German register for operations with Condor till lease hand back which is planned for winter 2018...registrations to be confirmed.
G-TCCA will be withdrawn from operations at the end of October and returned to the lessor in January after maintenance
Quote Quoting 33100, from a previous post

this will replace G-TCCB and G-DAJC which will transfer to Condor as normal for the winter then return next April for checks before transferring to the German register for operations with Condor till lease hand back which is planned for winter 2018...registrations to be confirmed.

Would this mean they will be doing longhaul ops for Condor? And if so will they need a cabin refit as they are full economy if I'm not wrong for the European short haul ops from MAN. Or are Condor moving to some short haul widebody ops as well as these are replacing B753's
Thomas Cook Summer 2016 changed again. MAN now used for the W pattern LTN flights. Plus a lot of reductions short haul than was originally planned. Plus Holguin/Cayo Coco both gone for Summer 2016.

Condor will only operate 1 flight a week and thats the Burgas Friday flight as this year. The other ones like Zante etc now all have Thomas Cook flight numbers.
Rumours that the Fenerbache team bus, TC-YAG E195, that arrived on 19th may have been impounded.

It's still parked up between T2 and freight.

Anyone got any further info?
Thomascook to fly Manchester %u2013 Mauritius route, from 15NOV17. Airbus A330-200 aircraft
Article in the MEN. Not particularly informative, but there are some nice pictures inside the Thomas Cook Hangar:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/fascinating-pictures-show-inside-aircraft-12156394#ICID=sharebar_twitter
Oman air that is due to start next May has now changed to an A330 from the B787
Hi folks

Reported elsewhere that Singapore are changing Manchester ops from the B773 to the A359 likely date being January 2017 as first class cabin isn't available from that date. A359 is Business and economy.

Cheers from Jim
Also reported elsewhere Etihad using Dreamliner's on the PM flight during Feb.
Also reported elsewhere rumour only though Scoot are looking at SIN-INDIA-MAN will operate along with SQ if turns out to operate
Another elsewhere Iraqi Airways starting 10/12 Sat only arr 1930 dep 2100 A320.
Hearing that DY are to announce NYC and FLL. Anyone heard anything?
Further info on Iraqi;

Sulaimaniyah - Malmo - MAN - Salaimaniyah

IAW265 19:30/IAW266 21:00
Iraqi A320 just landed operated by YI-ARD
United not returning next year with Washington flight
Cathay go 5 days a week from 2nd June 2017 with A350
Quote Quoting jimsdad, from a previous post

Hi folks

Reported elsewhere that Singapore are changing Manchester ops from the B773 to the A359 likely date being January 2017 as first class cabin isn't available from that date. A359 is Business and economy.

Cheers from Jim

Singapore website bookings now confirm from Jan 17th.
Do we know yet what Thomas Cook's fleet plans are for MAN next summer. Current schedules have been updated to include a lot more Turkish flights and some new W pattern flights with an extra based Avion Express. Looks to be 3 A320, 2 A321, 2/3 753 for short haul? And no Condor flights

Does anyone have any further info?
RAM Casablanca B738 Tu/Th/Sa from 28 March, 1600/1700.
No condor flights, there will be 4 B753's transfer across from Condor to Thomas Cook to become G- reg aircraft
Vueling add Amsterdam Manchester 6 days a week arr Man 1850hrs from 26th March
Thomascook flying Man - Capetown SA from 10th January 2018
Cathay Pacific are reducing flights to 3 per week in May with a mixture of Monday and Tuesday flights being canx
They are sending passengers down to LHR
Mixture of Monday and Tuesday flights CANX

CANX flights are :-

Mon 1/5/17

Tues 9/5/17

Tues 16/5/17

Mon 22/5/17

Mon 29/5/17 that was my flight booked

Passengers are being sent to LHR , going to be one angry phone call tomorrow to Cathay
Don't blame you SQ-380, that must be quite annoying. Especially finding out today when BA themselves are cancelling LHR shuttles due to their cabin crew dispute !!

If it's any consolation CX are also cancelling some LHR rotations. Let's hope they haven't re-booked you on one of those !!
Yeah the annoying thing with Cathay is that I'm onward to DPS (Bali) I had alternative flights cheaper with QR or EK but these had a longer connection in DOH or DXB so paid the extra for better flight changes in HKG now its even longer and the second connection at the dreaded LHR would never even had considered two connection flight. and just to rub it in was originally coming back on 13/6/17 but this flight had been blocked over the new year when booked the flights so already cut the trip down by 24hrs and guess what this flight is now bookable
will post what cathay come up with, but to de honest if the flight is cancelled theres not a lot other than sending via LHR or CDG , there's no other way on a code share flight, so AMS ZRH FRA are out
Quote Quoting SQ-380, from a previous post

will post what cathay come up with

Thanks, be really interested to see what they come up with/reason for the change.

For me the mark of a company is how they treat customers when things don't go well.
Thats pretty poor from Cathay.

Possibly due to either very poor forward bookings or lack of aircraft due to maintenance.

No doubt they will offer you some air miles as compensation but as EmmasDad says, it will be interesting.
This post was edited on Saturday 21st January, 2017 at 21:26 GMT
Strikes me that this is in the month before the A350 takes over the service. Could be to do with re-rostering of the 777 fleet. A bit early to cancel due to booking levels.
Cathay did the same thing in May last year with frequency reductions across various routes, although last May MAN had only 3 services cut.
Many folk book their longhaul trips a long way ahead and tie them in with accommodation, car hire, side trips, etc.If May is an annual "soft" month for travel to HKG you'd think CX could plan it accordingly, rather than put the full schedule out there knowing they're going to cancel some flights later.
Just called Cathay Pacific probably not the best time to call being a Sunday, basically they apologise and offered to change both outward and return flights to other dates so to keep on direct MAN-HKG , so I decided to change to go 2 days earlier on the Saturday and keep the return flights as they were, now I do remember the Saturday flights being more expensive however because its cathays fault with canx flight on the Monday they will just move you at no additional expense, however the HKG to DPS doesn't have any seats available at the same price class, they need to get authorisation on Monday but said that will not be a issue, just that its a different department and they are closed on Sunday.
With regards to compensation the call centre/reservation people carn't do anything other than tell you to e-mail complaint via link on there website, so will leave that until tomorrow once I have confirmation of flights.
Will update outcome
Thanks again, looks like in the end it didn't turn out too bad if you end up getting the more expensive Saturday flight for no extra.
Fingers crossed for DPS leg to come through for you.
To be honest what Cathay Pacific offered was the minimum I expected , yes all was easy and straight forward and were very apologetic they offered me alternative dates straight away without me asking, however it's Cathay that should be offering alternatives regardless of any price difference, it was Cathay that cancelled the flight and its there duty to rebook you on alternative flights that is suitable to the customer.
Yes in theory I'm getting a flight that is advertised at the higher price, but that's no difference to Cathay they still have to rebook you at there expense, and the shuttle to LHR and then on a LHR-HKG flight would probably be less profitable for Cathay.
Though they have changed my flight without any fuss and rebooked me on a flight that I was happy with, I will still have the additional expense of booking a hotel for 4 people for 2 nights which will be around £200 in total, I did mention this a little and response was ticketing staff can't look into compensation, you need to complain via link on there website, well that I will do tomorrow and lets see what that produces
will post outcome
Saudia start Riyadh %u2013 Manchester nonstop flight. Operating on seasonal basis from 23JUN17 to 08SEP17, Boeing 787-9 aircraft will serve this route twice a week
BA Cityflyer add 1 weekly LCY/AGP/NCE/ALC/PMI/JMK and 3 weekly IBZ. Flights are on E190.

From May 18th.
Some pax figures from Saturdays Iraqi flight.

In - 148
Out - 162.
Thomascook Fleet update:

G-VYGM Air Tanker A330 will be joining the fleet in the spring.... with a possible third on the cards
G-JMOE Will be operating out of LGW from early next week ex D-ABOE B757-300

3 X A320 will be based for the summer LY-VEG, LY-VEH & LY-VEL

Jet 2 also taking A330 from Air Tanker this summer
Thanks 33100 for the update regarding Thomas Cook. However 2 of the Avion will be an A321. Seatmaps indicate they will be A321

D-ABOI will be MAN based from March onwards and then followed by G-JMAA/G-JMAB for the summer as the current schedule for peak summer requires 3 753
D-ABOI transfer has been cancelled and will not be joining the Uk fleet as for the Avion aircraft it will be an all A320 operation at this time, No decision has yet been made who the two remaining B767s will fly for which also puts in doubt the remaining B757-300s transferring to the Uk register.
I accept this can be subject to change but is the latest from the meeting held this week, Wednesday next week it will all become clearer
DAL 06-23 April using B777LR on the Atlanta service days 5-7.
Any update regarding TCX fleet plans for MAN? They have recently cut a few flights from the original summer schedule suggesting short of aircraft?
G-JMOF ex D-ABOF will be joining the fleet next week out of LGW.

Two B767 DAJC & TCCB, no decision has been made who they will be fly for Condor or TC Uk

The all A320 operation has now changed to two A321 LY-VEG & LY-VEH
Thanks for the update 33100.

So potentially 1 A320, 3 TC A321, 2 Avion A321 and 3/4 757 for MAN?
And 6 A330's I believe.
This post was edited on Friday 3rd March, 2017 at 19:11 GMT
Incident taking place right now at Man.

Easyjet G-EZTV to Copenhagen was pushing back when the tow hitch seemed to break The tow truck then ran into the aircraft partially lifting it. Many emergency services now on scene.

PAX are now disembarking from the rear.
Thomascook UK will fly Ten A330's this summer.

G-VYGK Glasgow/Stansted
G-VYGM European routes only out of Manchester

The rest will Manchester/Gatwick.
G-MDBD
G-MLJL
G-CHTZ
G-TCXB
G-TCXC
OY-VKF
OY-VKG A330-300
G-JMOF B757-300 will not be entering service till 15th March

G-DAJC B767-300 Will be leaving Thomascook Mid November This year, no doubt same fate as G-TCCA
Thanks 33100 for the Thomas Cook update. A lot of A330's there! Are they shown in the schedule currently for 2017? Also some long haul from MAN down as Air Tanker?
Thats a mighty impressive line up for Man.

Thanks for the info 33100.
Cathay go 6 days a week from December17 all A350
Thomascook News: Both UK B767-300 DAJC & TCCB will be flying for Condor this summer and only visiting for maintenance.

G-JMOF will not enter service till 15th March at the earliest due to delay in maintenance
33100, do you know which routes G-VYGM will be operating short haul from MAN on?
Is it just the one more 757-300 transferring over from condor? A while back it was suggested it could be up to 4 to cover for the loss of the 767's
G-JMOG will be joining the fleet in April, the fourth G-JMOI is planned to arrive December this year but I think it will be pushed back till spring 2018
Hainan Airlines to go five times weekly on Manchester-Beijing route from June also will use mix of B787/A330
Passenger numbers from yesterdays Iraqi flight.

Inbound - 113
Outbound - 172
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: