Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic Manchester Airport Forum | News from 2017 onwards.

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 4 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
Time for a new thread.
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
Thanks Spike.

The following EWG flights during winter will change to Dash-8 (ex Berlin a/c currently being repainted).

EW9340/1
EW9342/3
EW9344/5
Hi everyone.

I returned earlier today on the Singapore A350-900 route from Houston having enjoyed a break there and all its attractions.

Outbound from Manchester I found the seat occupation as almost full in all areas, business, economy plus and economy. A few seats were unoccupied including next to me but very few. It was difficult to judge where all the pax arrived from, some joining like myself at Manchester, some Transiting from Singapore and back onto the same aircraft, and some transferring domestically and internationally through where I work in Transfers Security next to gate one.

A very enjoyable on time flight was enjoyed by myself. The aircraft is great and the service and food was as you would expect from Singapore top notch.

My return this morning arrival Manchester was earlier than scheduled. I was out through Passport Control with recognition machines working, bag collected and home less than an hour after arrival was very pleasing although I stress my flight seemed to be the only arrival.

I asked the check in lady at Houston was the flight full. She said yes. My observations back that up, no free seats seen at all in any class so my thoughts are that Singapore are getting things right.

I was aware of low pax numbers on commencement of the route but now wow what a change. Pax landed in Manchester, again Transit pax onto Singapore and also Transfer pax to the rest of the UK and continent, they do use Flybe to Europe believe me.

As a lady next to me said, the fares are very competitive compared to say BA from LHR who use old B772s on the route. The A350 is a winner, quiet, smooth and NEW!! Singapore staff are brilliant and efficient at what they do. The food is great and IFE is good as well.

Do I have to say more the route and product from a regional like Manchester is a winner for the airline, local people like myself having a choice ( ie not LHR ).

Well done Singapore airlines and also Manchester airport!!

Who needs LHR

Cheers from Jim
This post was edited on Monday 30th October, 2017 at 21:55 GMT
Thanks for the analysis. Good news indeed. Not yet flown on the A350 but I am booked on Cathay in May so I am looking forward to that!

I have a friend who works for Singapore, and whilst he would back up that at the start things were slow, both the Houston and Singapore legs are performing really well now, in terms of load factor anyway, both regularly full. Of course, he has no idea of yield but it certainly sounds promising. A lot of cargo is shifted too which is where the money is.

On the building front, The new pier is going up quickly, and the old terminal from 215 is slowly disappearing.
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: