Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic Manchester Airport Forum | MAN movements, winter 2017 onwards.

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 76 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
A new thread for any unusual/rare movements visiting MAN.
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
Sukhoi Superjet 100 EI-FWB on todays Brussels SN173 just arrived.
A319 private jet HL8080 due Sat 4/11 1430, dep Monday 06/11 1200.

Of course could change.
Odd one this, MAN could experience delays around dinnertime tomorrow as an Open Skies AN30 overflies the area.
At Warrington 1230 heading to Crewe 1236, FL040.
Thanks EmmasDad,

Wonder what thats all about!
I think it's a survey as part of the normal ops of the treaty - the Wikipedia page shows a pic of an AN30.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_on_Open_Skies
Eurowings now using the Dash 8 on EW9342 from DUS. D-ABQE on finals.
Etihad B789 A6-BLL on todays EY21.
G-TCCB B767-300 will over the next couple of days take up its NEW reg N1487A before departing for cargo coversion
G-JMAB Thomascook B757-300 enters Air Livery Manchester on 1st December to remove old colour scheme to and change to the new
OE-IVI EasyJet Europe A320 due in from Prague 2250hrs
Thanks for the updates 33100.
G-TCAE ex OO-TCW A320 will be outside on Wednesday before making its first revenue flight Thursday, it will operate for Uk operations till February before being based in the Balaerics it will be joined in the spring by By two.more A320%u2019s
That%u2019s two more A320%u2019s in the spring 2018
Condor A320 D-AICG on finals from DUS.
The AN22 due it tonight has apparently gone tec in HEL.

It should now arrive at MAN at 11am tomorrow (Thursday) in daylight, get your cameras ready.
Hi everyone

The AN22 Antonov Design Bureau is currently climbing out from Helsinki ( slowly!! ). It does show up on FR24 if you type in ADB in the search at top right of FR24 screen its there.

Cheers from Jim
Lufthansa 744 D-ABVO dropped in on a medical diver en route to YVR.

It departed minus 2 PAX.
AN22 has now departed with our Engine for G-OMYT A330-200 routing via Gander then onto Cuba
Quote Quoting Spike, from a previous post

Lufthansa 744 D-ABVO dropped in on a medical diver en route to YVR.

It departed minus 2 PAX.

Thanks Spike, I had read elsewhere that the police had handcuffed someone and taken them off the flight.
Anyway it was turned around quickly.

Quote Quoting 33100, from a previous post

AN22 has now departed with our Engine for G-OMYT A330-200 routing via Gander then onto Cuba

Heard it fly over yesterday and have to say I've not heard anything remotely similar in all the time I've been into the planes - what a noise!
Hi EmmasDad,

I managed to get down to the south side to get a few photo's of the Antonov, along with many other photographers I might add. I would post a photo but photobucket have stopped the hosting facility on their free accounts.

The sound was unique, I agree. I have not seen one in the flesh before and get another chance on Wednesday too.

The LH 747 departed -2 PAX and I did read elsewhere that it started out as a disruptive PAX but turned into a medical. I believe there must have been a medical element to it as it could have put down at a closer airport rather that flying quite a long way to div to Man.
Thanks for the reply Spike and the info.

Glad you got some pics, I was working and heard it fly over so jumped outside - even at 5k feet it sounded unique.
XL A330 Due Sunday/Monday is F-HXXL into Thomas Cook for Engine change
AN22 has just returned from its trip to Cuba..fantastic sound
PH-AOC KLM A330-200 on the deck at the moment, not sure why
Two A380 in as well, after one had to do a go around.
Quote Quoting 33100, from a previous post

PH-AOC KLM A330-200 on the deck at the moment, not sure why

It seems that it was due to a lack of stands at AMS, due to weather I believe.

The 250 PAX and 8 crew were kept on board the aircraft for almost 4 hours before being allowed off. Another flight crew will come to fly the aircraft and passengers on to AMS at around 18.30.

In the mean time the passengers can enjoy a lounge in T3! Good job it's not the busy period.

In the mean time the passengers can enjoy a lounge in T3! Good job it's not the busy period.

Thanks for that Spike-I wouldn't wish T3 on anyone!

Noticed a Correndon B737 in today and an Easy OE registered A320 in a few times this week,

The 250 PAX and 8 crew were kept on board the aircraft for almost 4 hours before being allowed off. Another flight crew will come to fly the aircraft and passengers on to AMS at around 18.30.

Is it a company decision to keep pax on board all this time or an airport one? If it is an airport one I would question why they chose to divert to MAN at all.
Quote Quoting dave59, from a previous post

Is it a company decision to keep pax on board all this time or an airport one? If it is an airport one I would question why they chose to divert to MAN at all.

I believe it's down to the airline primarily, but there are times when the airline may request steps etc and the handling agent cannot get them, for whatever reason. That is if the airline has a handling agent at that particular airport.

I have seen many reasons why PAX are kept aboard the aircraft and recall one when a PAX called the police to complain that they were being kept on board against their wishes. Think they got off shortly afterwards.
Yes I have never been in that situation as a passenger but would not take kindly to being 'detained' on board after a long flight. I never understand why passengers are not taken off the a/c into departures and given boarding passes to use when their flight continues to destination. If the diversion is for a fuel stop only and there is an imminent chance of the destination airfield becoming available that is different. As you say there have been many instances where people are simply left for hours only to be eventually 'released'. It might well be more convenient for the airport or airline but not a good experience for the customer.

I have seen many reasons why PAX are kept aboard the aircraft and recall one when a PAX called the police to complain that they were being kept on board against their wishes. Think they got off shortly afterwards.

Think that was an Air Transat one in Canada.

I had a strange one years ago flying BA to CDG. Heavy fog in Paris meant delays but we departed the gate on time, taxied over to the now Jet2 Hangar and sat on the ground, after about thirty mins I kid you not, we were served our meal.
The fog started to clear, so after the meal, engines started, we taxied to the runway and off we went.

I never understand why passengers are not taken off the a/c into departures and given boarding passes to use when their flight continues to destination.

I believe it%u2019s to do with security. They have to deplane and all passengers then have to go through security which is a logistical nightmare. Even if the divert is from the EU we have had to deal with this as we are not part of Schengen. Special authorisation needs to come from the airport management and I believe the CAA to have the pax not have to go through security, arguing it%u2019s a one off event and not a security issue.
Yes, it's not a simple process to de plane diversions.

I know it took a huge effort by the transfer security staff to eventually get the PAX off the KLM 330. Although it did take some time, everyone was happy in the end and MAN came out of it with some kudos.,

I know it took a huge effort by the transfer security staff to eventually get the PAX off the KLM 330

This is what I find surprising because these are surely not infrequent occurrences. It should be made a simple process to deplane diversions with procedures to deal with this quickly and efficiently, at least at major airports where during winter it is highly likely to happen. Special CAA and airport management clearance for passengers already security screened at the departure airport? Is this a UK quirk?

Special CAA and airport management clearance for passengers already security screened at the departure airport? Is this a UK quirk?

I believe it's not just the UK, when it's an arriving international flight. As it's the first point of entry there are formalities to go through. I'm no expert tho.
An rare visitor just departed to LEJ

Swift Air B737 EC-MAD.

It was quite noisy as it climbed out over Stockport on a slightly unusual departure track.

I believe it's not just the UK, when it's an arriving international flight. As it's the first point of entry there are formalities to go through. I'm no expert tho.

Sorry I mean when the passengers from a non-terminating diverted a/c. i.e. they are not actually processed into the country. Certainly used to be done this way on refueling stops where re-boarding passes were issued to passengers wishing to go into the terminal while the a/c was serviced etc.
Wamos 747 on approach from Madrid with TCX call sign.

For a u/s TCX aircraft I presume.
Rumour, Friday (12th) dinnertime may see an Emirates Phenom stop off on its delivery flight - A6-DWA.
Now delayed until Saturday, slot time 1100-1300.
Todays Eurowings EW7334 being operated by OK-NEN, Czech Airlines.
TC MT3520 G-CHTZ new service to CPT just about to depart.
A6LRE B777-200 on EY021
G-DAJC Thomascook B767 has taken up its new Reg N1489A and will depart for Taiwan for cargo conversion next week
Today's EK21 is operated by A6-EUS on its first visit.
This is the 100th EK A380 to visit MAN, out of the 101 delivered so far, with only A6-EUV still to visit.
Update on the will it won't it, Phenom of UAE.

Latest is both A6-DWA/B will come through next Saturday 27th.
Feb 19th Edelweiss/Swiss A340 into Air Livery.(0740 arr) March 4th KLM 777-300 (1510 arr)
Challenger 850 Air X Charter D-AJOY just arriving from LBG.
ICELANDAIR 767 OPERATING ON 9TH AND 21FEB
Today D-ABYA Lufthansa 747-800 may be passing us early afternoon in new colours, seems to have been painted in Rome a couple of weeks ago then done a tour of Germany.
Thomas Cook news

OE-LNZ A321 will arrive tomorrow Thursday and will be parked up over the weekend prior to maintenance and entry into service with Thomascook, Condor and will become D-ATCE.

G-TCAE Thomascook A320 is in for maintenance on the 6th March and will reappear on the 8th March as EC-MTJ for Thomascook Balearics
Interesting! Thats the first I have heard about TC Balearics.

Have you heard any rumours about new US destinations?
Three more aircraft will also be joining TC Balearics. OO- TCT TCX and an ex Monarch A320 machine

As you maybe aware Seattle starts this summer, as for new US destinations watch this space !!!
KLM 777 on 4th is now cancelled. But Finnair will be sending A330 on the 3rd
G-TCAE A320 is no EC-MTJ presently outside the hangar, OO-TCX A320 is next to follow and is in the hangar this will become EC-MVF.
This post was edited on Wednesday 21st March, 2018 at 21:28 GMT
Alitalia A319 tomorrow for the friendly at the Etihad.
In 18:15 out 19:05 - AZ9000.
AZ reg EI-IMO.
TC-LJH Turkish B777 on this mornings flight
Thomascook A321 D-ATCD. MSN:6639 enters AirLivery on 1st April
B-5971 Lucky Air on this mornings HU7903 from Beijing, first visit.
Thomascook News, Aircraft through Air Livery.

Condor:

D-ABUF B767-300 10/4
D-ABUE B767-300 23/4
D-ABUB B767-300 7/5
D-ABUH B767-300 21/5
D-ABUC B767-300 3/6
This post was edited on Thursday 12th April, 2018 at 07:35 GMT
Thomas Cook Long Haul NEW destination from October till January

Manchester - Colombo Sri Lanka from Manchester and Gatwick A330-200
This post was edited on Saturday 28th April, 2018 at 09:57 GMT
Not sure who came up with the latest reg sequence G-TCV_ censored but surely there will be some typos and confusuions in systems etc with G-TCDV & G-TCVD?
Just as well they are in completely different liveries at the moment. Hopefully someone doesn't get the fuel/catering or pax mixed up at some point!
No confusion will always use aircraft manufacturers serial numbers...
Thomas Cook A320 EC-MVF due to depart Tuesday 1st May for its summer ops in Germany
LH416 B744 D-ABVP dropped in for a medical emergency at lunchtime today.
TUI B789 G-TUIL just positioning up from LGW.
Hi guys and gals

G-TUIM B789 TUI Thomson due into Manchester at 0241 am Friday on delivery from Boeing Field Seattle. Call sign is TOM562P.

Cheers from Jim
2 great new arrivals. JET airways are to start a 4x weekly service from NOV 5th (A330) moving to daily next summer.
Ethiopian from DEC 1st to start 4x weekly service (787)

Also this saturdays Champions League final is rumoured to be bringing interesting visitors.

Ethiopian A350 arr 0730 dep 0930
Tui Belgium 767*
Alba Star 737*
South african A330*

*NOT CONFIRMED
Probably should be in the other discussion but Cathay going A350-1000 from 1st December to 28th February.

Any ideas where the Jet service is to.
Mumbai. Delhi to be added in the near future
Belavia ERJ-195LR EW-400PO from Minsk has just landed.
Oman B787 due tonight at 19.04.
Air Dolomiti E195LR I-ADJT operated todays LH2502 from MUC.
Tonights Oman is B789 A40-SE
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: