Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic Newcastle Airport Forum | Everything NCL

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 102 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
As promised, the NCL Forum is now, once again, open for business.

For the time being, please confine yourselves to dealing with matters of a factual nature, e.g. new routes, cancelled routes, one-off movements, NCL related news, etc. If the information concerned is based on rumour and has not yet been substantiated, then please make it clear that this is the case. Similarly, if you are cross-posting information obtained from another forum, please make certain to cross-reference and credit the original source. Finally, in this context, can our younger members kindly refrain from living out their fantasies on the NCL Forum. Yes, there is no harm in putting your imagination to work...but there is a time and place for everything and, in light of recent events, this is neither the time nor the place.

Like I said before, the credibility of this site has already been seriously damaged by the behaviour of certain misguided individuals and I, for one, am not prepared to see it dragged any further into the gutter by a minority of small-minded imbeciles who seem hell-bent on ruining things for everyone else. You have been warned!
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
Good to see it back up and running happy all we need now is some interesting news!

Tony
on saturday the Daily Emirate 330 did a go around on runway 07, Don't know why.. on sunday there was a Possible bird strike on 07, I can't remember which plane it was though. Thanks for re opening the Forum.
I wondered about EK doing the go-around. Showed up on FR24 as right above my house at 12 heading towards the coast but I couldnt see it due to the cloud. Wasnt sure if it was FR24 being slightly off as it can be.

For info, TS is still using the A310 at the moment and TOM have had their new coloured 767 here a few times recently for the Orlando/Cancun flights.
There was also a Rejected t/o by the eastern Saab 100 in it's white colours, apparently it lost engine power on take off.. Pretty eventfull sunday if you ask me xD
The two Mistral Air Milan Bergamo charters produced two interesting movements, with the outbound being Medallion Air MD83 YR-HBD, and yesterday's return being B737 400 EI-ETT in full Trawel Fly colours. The second Bergamo charter is June 10th, returning June 17th. The increasing number of BA olympic special schemes are something to look out for, and the newest KLM E190 is in full Skyteam colours, so again something to look out for.
How do people feel about a little meet this or next weekend?
On the aircraft side of things, the KLM Fokker 100s have been somewhat regulars on the morning flights the past 2 weeks.
Quote Quoting Emirates77L, from a previous post

How do people feel about a little meet this or next weekend?

Dylan, now is not the time to be trying to set up a meet. Let's get the Forum back on an even keel first and then move on from there. That said, if you really want to organise a meet, please feel free to contact your mates (and anyone else for that matter) via PM.
This post was edited on Monday 21st May, 2012 at 17:30 GMT
Anyone know why BE466's Flight from gatwick was cancelled?
Ah right, my bad Baltimore, your right to soon to be posting that. And it probably went tech Tom

And it probably went tech Tom

That's what I was thinking, if it was the same one that was up here on Sunday then it Most likely had a Spoiler problem.

your right to soon to be posting that

Thank you for your patience and understanding - much appreciated.
Does anyone know the deal with TCX. We've had about 4 different A320s based in the last 3 weeks. Are they basing a certain airframe (like EZY) or just any free ones from MAN?

Does anyone know the deal with TCX. We've had about 4 different A320s based in the last 3 weeks. Are they basing a certain airframe (like EZY) or just any free ones from MAN?

They're probably just be Rotating them around, they could be getting overhauled or Cleaned out so they've had to chuck their spare Aircraft in :')
More than likely.
VC10 did a fly over earlier. That thing is loud!!
Quote Quoting Trotsenstein, from a previous post

That thing is loud!!

...and an absolutely gorgeous looking aeroplane to boot! I recently saw one doing 'circuits and bumps' at RAF Waddington and was left totally gob-smacked! It's just a shame that they'll be consigned to history before too long.
Agreed they are a fantastic looking aircraft. One regret of mine was while in the air cadets years ago I missed the trip to Brize where my squadron got taken on a 4 hour flight on the VC10 and Tristar.
I love the VC10, I got a video of one at NCL. Beautiful, beautiful aircraft. Wow Trotsenstein, that must have been some experience for the rest of your squadron, sad you missed it.
Yeah I heard the VC10 fly over Sunderland. Incredibly loud aircraft.
On a different Suject, BA have sent EUPB and PD recently. When will they give us PC!
great to see some variation at ncl this summer with the a320's (thomas cook, smartlynx and easyjet inverted) the new thomson 767 livery, air malta and the A310 Air Transat (although was expecting the a330 as mentioned earlier in the post- unfortunately I keep missing Mistral. Looking forward to seeing the Monarch a330 anyway as EK will be a miss once its gone
Quote Quoting phil1, from a previous post

EK will be a miss once its gone

I won't miss it as the void left will be filled by a Shiny 777 :')
Can I open up with a thank you to Baltimore for keeping this forum under control during the lock down and opening post in this thread, hopefully the cooling down period will get everything back in order and please just remember a little bit of respect from everyone on here will ensure we can all enjoy posting about what we are here for - chatting about all things NCL.

Back to movements..... last time I looked out the window EC3 ZH107 was on approach to 07 at 19:00 today.

(Thank you also the to mods/admin who responded by PM to my initial rant pre-lock down, that made me put a note in the diary to return when things got back to normal, much appreciated)
I absolutely cant wait for the 777, even when the A330 flies over it seems so dynamic - the 777 is going to be simply jaw dropping, for NCL anyway!
The 777 will be great. Can't wait for it.
On the movements side of things, OBYG is back this week. Operated TOM670 today.
I'm looking forward to the 777 too. EK seems to have its fans round the north east from non enthusiasts, probably due to the size of the aircraft, its easily recongnised so going bigger again, may have to fight for a space up at 25.
I have mixed feelings. I really want the 777 as it will be really nice to see and obviously it shows NCL has some potential and will most definately help passenger numbers. But I really like the A330
PH-OFN was in this morning
Just read that one of our visiting airlines from last year, Mint Airways, is the latest airline to go bust.

Mint Airways, is the latest airline to go bust.

In which case, there'll be a couple of B757-200ER's to be disposed of. Jet2 perhaps?
This post was edited on Friday 25th May, 2012 at 13:56 GMT
Apparently one of there 757s hasn't flew for a long period of time, so it's not In the best condition. Im betting FEDEX will pick them Up. Jet2, maybe maybe not.

Im betting FEDEX will pick them Up.

Hadn't thought of that. Sounds logical though.
I'd heard a few folk who flew on their aircraft last year say they were 'a bit tatty'.

EC-LBC 16 years old
EC-LHL 22 years old

I'd go with the FedEx suggestion too
I thought EC-LBC wasnt that bad when I was on it. Could work well with Jet2 for medium-long haul.

I'm looking forward to the 777 too. EK seems to have its fans round the north east from non enthusiasts, probably due to the size of the aircraft, its easily recongnised so going bigger again, may have to fight for a space up at 25.

I reckon the A350 will be the aircraft of choice once deliveries start to Emirates. It sits around the point where the 777-200 and A330-300 exist so as it's allegedly going to be their more modest capacity it'll be ideal for NCL as a moneymaker (low costs and good cargo).
BA firefly just Landed
was down the airport the and watched the BA firefly land, was great to see
Does a TCX 767 ever come this Summer?
Na I dont think they're due anymore. No A330 this summer either.
I now know how big an A380 is, a few minutes ago D-AIMI (A380) and D-ABTB (B744) came OTT side by side (FL36 & FL32) and it was good to see the size comparison.
Hi everyone

I've just been doing a dummy booking on EK to get prices for the Seychelles and the Maldives and I found something strange. I'm looking for April 2013 and the NCL-DXB flight, on the EK booking page for both the Seychelles and the Maldives have reverted back to the A330 200 whereas on friday when I looked at the exact same flights (I forgot the prices) it said NCL was a 777 300ER.

Can anyone clear this up, has EK decided not to upgrade us now because of falling passenger numbers. I heard from another source that one day last week the NCL-DXB flight departed with 84 passengers. But then again, for the 75th anniversary the pax number was 419 on NCL-DXB.

If anyone knows anything please inform us. I am aware that it could possibly just be an error on the behalf of the EK website team, but I was still a bit shocked.

Regards
Martin
Ive just looked and can confirm it does say that, although i do think its an error, however it is true, as you all no the biggest connections via dubai is Australia and Thailand, and obviously there summer is our winter, so they only thing other i could think of is emirates doing the upgrade during the winter, and then putting the a330 on back and the months of less demand? just thought, but like i said its probs just an error.
Quote Quoting MartinJW12, from a previous post

Can anyone clear this up, has EK decided not to upgrade us now because of falling passenger numbers. I heard from another source that one day last week the NCL-DXB flight departed with 84 passengers. But then again, for the 75th anniversary the pax number was 419 on NCL-DXB.

They will still upgrade to the 777 because of the freight and as ServisairNCL Stated it could be an error or it could just be for the dying months, I doubt they would downgrade because of PAX numbers as they are just an extra bit of cash for EK. I wouldn't worry about loosing it any time soon. I say loosing it we don't even have it yet :')
tom
Just been up to 25 to do a few pics but soon got bored after seeing nothing but Jet2 happy

got bored after seeing nothing but Jet2

Well Soon we 'may' have more based up here :')
Disregard that Trotsentein I can't Find the source.
I wouldn't be worried about the lack of pax at NCL at the moment - it apears that this is the low season for the middle east carriers. Now if the other UK airports where showing reasonably healthy loads whilst NCL's remained on the distinctly low side then you may tend to get concerned.
This post was edited on Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 20:59 GMT
http://www.novembertango.co.uk/recently.php?id=101219a I'd just like to share this photo (taken by Andy Hutchings) in 2010, Imagine that daily haha! But in all seriousness Did they Rip up the runway upon take off?
Tom, yeah I know I was there yesterday too ;)

I was just a bit confused. I really really dont see the point in a "seasonal" 777, after all there isn't really a low season for EK, pax numbers may drop a few at certain points but its not like flights to Ibiza, there isnt a designated low season.

I went up to see those BA 747's but I only saw the EK 777 takeoff
I cant get the picture up but I know the Dubai Air Wing 744 ripped up the runway a few years back.
If you wouldn't mind could you PM me the link :')?
Sorry dont have a link to that story. It was friends at the airport who told me after I asked about an EZY flight doing go arounds later that night. I believe that it was mentioned in our old deleted posts.

Unrelated but what do you guys make of this story

NCL Airport Sell Off
it could potentially ruin newcastle or Make it a whole lot better Depends who bids, I would prefer the Dubai Royals to stick a bid in big grin, But that's just a pipe Dream.
Yeah, the Dubai Air Wing ripping up the runway was mentioned in one of the old threads. This is where I found out about it.

I'd like PANYNJ to take our 49%. Bit of insentive for a New York flight.
Don't ever think about PANYNJ - if you want chaos ... you get it
Why, is there something bad about PANYNJ? I just dont know much about them except they own LGA, EWR, JFK and some piddly little airports in the area.

Thanks for any info.
The most likely buyer would be Global Infrastructure Partners, although they do own quite a few airports already. Competition issues come into play.

I think PANYNJ get a bit of a bad reputation for reasons which don't really apply here. For instance the stranglehold of the unions in New York, which are nothing like our fairly docile lot here! It makes anything they try to do orders of magnitude harder and costlier. Anyway I can't see them investing outside of their home territory.
Apparently a RAF Tornado had to execute an Emergency landing at Newcastle around half 6, any news?
I agree if they do sell it it'll probably be GIP. But I'd love it to be MAG because they "know how to run an airport" if you know what I mean and havd done MAN really well and they've certainly gotten EMA a few routes after WW go.
Believe there's a Boeing 777 in for Crew Training tomorrow, anyone know any more details?
Rick do you know the times for this please? May have to take the ol' van up to NCL.
Oh yes and while i'm on the case were any forum members up at Newcastle last Saturday? Just whilst I was driving to the airport, I witnessed 3-4 guys with equipment running across the motorway abeam the 07 end. I sincerely hope that it wasn't anyone from this forum!
Ah Gary, remember you now from the spotting days down HUY, had some good days at the Burger Van!! I't sin 1300-1700 just found out it's a 777-200 variant with 305 seats!
Why would a B777 come in for crew training? NCL has handled a few B777's now, including the B77w fully loaded, so what needs to be tested?
Yeah Rick, terrible down my way now. Try and get to Donnie occasionally for the cargo/biz that sometimes tturn up, but apart from that its terrible. Will have to meet up when i'm up NCL way sometime. Can't tommorow as have to have the van back to Hull by 2000 as it's in the garage to be mended.
world_rep circuits for an airline happy Ah right lad, what's wrong with the van?
Is the Emirates apparently doing this? If so why. The routes being upped to a 300

The routes being upped to a 300

Is it? First i've heard about that
September 1st. Daily 777-300ER on the flight happy
oh, thought it was a 200
Na. 2 class 300 daily! I was expecting a 200 like but I suppose a 300 will do. The job happy
Oh and for those wondering I have it on good authority that those 3/4 lads were from the NCL forum
2 class 300ER is normally the choice for airports upgauging from the A330. They are the high density version with less crew rest facilities than others.

You should see them take off on full power :-O

A while back GE sent out an urgent directive NOT to use Flex takeoff settings due to a fault in the software. 777s with GE engines were taking off like rockets, and you would honestly think they could have used London City's runway thanks to the ridiculously short takeoff runs.
Powerful machines. Any more news on this apparent 200 tomorrow then?
Quote Quoting GaryFromHull, from a previous post

Oh yes and while i'm on the case were any forum members up at Newcastle last Saturday? Just whilst I was driving to the airport, I witnessed 3-4 guys with equipment running across the motorway abeam the 07 end. I sincerely hope that it wasn't anyone from this forum!

Sorry haha That was me, Martin, Virgin330 and Emirates. Hehe
Is anyone going down for the 777? I'll be down myself just wondering who I might see
Quote Quoting rickastley, from a previous post

Is anyone going down for the 777? I'll be down myself just wondering who I might see

What time is arrival and depature. and also what airline
read the past 15 - 20 posts and you will find out
Quote Quoting azz767, from a previous post

read the past 15 - 20 posts and you will find out

1300-1700 but what airline
Hello, I am coming to Newcastle next week to take picture of aeroplane. I am wondering if you could advice where to go for me to photo aircraft. i sorry my english is not good. I flying with Emirates airline from Dubai.

thankyou
Leo cheung
This post was edited on Tuesday 29th May, 2012 at 21:17 GMT
Quote Quoting Leo Cheung, from a previous post

Leo cheung

Hi Leo I've mapped out some Popular Places where Spotters go :')

http://i.imgur.com/Oi593.jpg" title="View the full size version of this photo">http://i.imgur.com/Oi593.jpg.jpg" alt="Photo Preview" class="thumbnail" width="150" />
Quote Quoting rickastley, from a previous post

A while back on this forum we did arrange a Big meet, I think it was around the 20 Number but that had to be Removed as 'Unwanted Guests' Would've Probably Cause us Placid folk some bother, I imagine once it gets closer to the time someone else will probably want to Arrange Something. :') Every Saturday and or Sunday you will find at least 2 of PM members up the airport.
He means tomorrow Tom mate. Apparently a 777 is due.

He means tomorrow Tom mate. Apparently a 777 is due.

WTH? Any Proof? - not just you Dill I mean Rick?
Yep - and any future meets should always be arranged via the private message service available please.

I'm made up that the NCL forum is back up and running quite nicely, long may that continue.
Dunno Tom mate. It's all word of mouth at the minute.

It's all word of mouth at the minute.

Reminds me of the BA 767 Crew Training Fiasco
Quote Quoting Johansen, from a previous post

I'm made up that the NCL forum is back up and running quite nicely, long may that continue.

Motion seconded! Just to reiterate, for the time being, can everyone please confine themselves to dealing with matters of a factual nature, e.g. confirmed new routes, cancelled routes, one-off movements, NCL related news, etc. If the information concerned is based on rumour and has not yet been substantiated, then please make it clear that this is the case. Similarly, if you are cross-posting information obtained from another forum, please make certain to cross-reference and credit the original source.
So is this EK B777 confirmed then? It's a long drive from Hull.....would be pretty narked if this turns out to be another ICelandair case....
Quote Quoting GaryFromHull, from a previous post

would be pretty narked if this turns out to be another ICelandair case....

...which is the last thing we need at present. Could the original source of this information (rickastley) please confirm one way or the other ASAP.
On a different subject, KLM have painted PH-EZX in sky team colours. Hope it stops by NCL soon happy
Monarch A330 now on the Orlando run every Tuesday morning happy glad to see it back on

Tony
Hello.

I see that on here you are all saying that there is an Emirates 777-200 due in today.

Can someone please tell me the time it is coming in because me and my boyfriend have taken time off work to go to the airport to go and see it.

We love the 777 especially at Newcastle.

Our bosses are not very happy that we took time off though, raging infact so this better be right sad
Is it every Tuesday Tony? The timetable reckons its every 2 weeks

And unicorn Dawn, unfortunately I doubt the 777 is coming in. Nothing's been confirmed
Until anything is confirmed about the 777 then we should assume its not happening. If anyone is on Twitter, they could always ask on the airport Twitter page, they are pretty good at getting back to people.
Oh ok.

So the information on here is not very good then sad

We are not very happy that both of us took time off work to come and see the 777 when it hasn't turned up and people on here have given out false information . sad

There was a few people at the nature reserve at the end of the runway waiting for this plane today. I did ask them about this web site and they told me not to believe anything people on here say because its never true. Now I know why.

Thank you for wasting me and my boyfriends time. sad
I'd love to know how the 777 rumour actually came about.
looking back at the discussion i think there may have been confusion over this 777 'rumour' and the folk who are meeting on the 1st september

I don't think anyone was trying intentionally to mislead anyone - probs best to start a new thread when starting a new topic

I'd love to know how the 777 rumour actually came about.

Hi Emirates 77L.

Me too. sad

What is this about the BA crew training fiasco and the Ice Air or something?

The people I was talking with at the Nature Reserve at the end of the runway warned me about this web site, so really I should have known better. But I didnt know about it up unitil now sad

Did they waste your time too?
Hi unicorn dawn

The BA and Icelandair were just rumours that caused a but of a fuss a while back. Long story

Luckily I never went up today. I was going to but made other plans
Oh ok Emirates.

I heard someone at the reserve talking about the Ice Air or something and was wondering if it was coming in, but then they said it was false stuff said on here.
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: