Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic Newcastle Airport Forum | Everything NCL (play nice now!)

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 88 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
Here we go again and remember, no catfights and respect the source of your info.
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
Hello Newcastle, I'm a HGV driver who goes from Manchester up to the Northeast every night, starting at Ripon, Thirsk, Stockton X2, and Gateshead X2, was considering offering a couple of spotters a lift down and a lift back up if they were interested in a days spotting at MAN, even dropping in at Barton for a short while, but considering the way you lot seem to be behaving as of late, I shall not bother
This post was edited on Wednesday 30th May, 2012 at 19:51 GMT
Following on from the sell off story, this has appeared on the airport website if anyone has not yet read it

Newcastle Airport Statement
Here's an idea.

Merge it with MAG. Rather than a straight takeover, do a share-swap deal and let MAG buy out the Copenhagen part, establishing a new company. Then a second transaction giving the LA7 group a shareholding in MAG equal to the value of NCL in the profitable Manchester Airports Group.

It would dilute the Manchester ownership a bit but bring the LA7 into the umbrella of a profitable, well run and ethical business in line with the principles of those Authorities. The benefits for the North East LA7 would be an asset which produces regular dividends and an owner of their airport who actually spends money (EMA and BOH as examples and even HUY in a smaller way) on infrastructure.
I can't Get over that, 400 Million Pounds A year! Oh my Flapjacks!
So basically Whitehattter are you saying MAG would be a good candidate to buy 49% of NCL?
As an established British regional airport operator who else is going to be better? And no, I'm suggesting they take 100% ownership and exchange equity in MAG with the LA7 group for the rest of it, giving the LA7 a valuable share in the larger company and a voice at the boardroom table of MAG.
http://www.bournemouthairport.com/bohweb.nsf/Content/RedevelopmentProgramme

An example of what MAG has been doing at Bournemouth
Whitehatter at the risk of sounding like a buffoon, what does MAG stand for and Who are MAG?
This post was edited on Wednesday 30th May, 2012 at 21:02 GMT
Manchester Airports Group. The overall holding company for Manchester, East Midlands, Humberside and Bournemouth airports. It is owned 55% by Manchester City Council and 45% by the other Greater Manchester local authorities.

As a company instead of just part of a council it can operate commercially with less constraints, which is why it was able to do the deal with national express to take on other airports.

The reason I floated this idea for discussion is because MAG won't be the kind of owner who is just milking it or neglecting it. They do actually invest in their assets. Even HUY (as small as it is) got some investment in new warehousing for their freight operations.
Quote Quoting whitehatter, from a previous post

Manchester Airports Group. The overall holding company for Manchester, East Midlands, Humberside and Bournemouth airports. It is owned 55% by Manchester City Council and 45% by the other Greater Manchester local authorities.

As a company instead of just part of a council it can operate commercially with less constraints, which is why it was able to do the deal with national express to take on other airports.

The reason I floated this idea for discussion is because MAG won't be the kind of owner who is just milking it or neglecting it. They do actually invest in their assets. Even HUY (as small as it is) got some investment in new warehousing for their freight operations.

Good Thinking mate, as you've described them so well I think they'd be Good investors! :')
Unicorn_Dawn, we have a Small planet 737 on monday. I'm unsure of the timings I'm sure its around 14:00-15:00 ish. Just keep an eye out. Apart from that I think NCL goes back to its usual boring self for a few weeks. I like Whithatter's idea. MAG seem to know how to run an airport if you know what I mean.
Think the Journal may well be worth a purchase tomorrow, the Northern Echo too, all good newspapers, cover in depth about our local airports.
The story about the airport sell off was in Wednesdays Journal, not saying there wont be an additional story today but may not add much to what has already been reported
I need arrange transport someone help please? I would also like to meet you all. 777 arrive wednesday?
Leo (from Tokyo) or should that be Leon (from Beijing?), no, the 777 didn't arrive on Wednesday. Perhaps you could shed some light on the reasons why it failed to appear? I'm also intrigued to know how you've managed to get yourself a hotmail.co.uk email address when you're supposed to be resident in China. Do please enlighten me.
Quote Quoting Baltimore, from a previous post

Leo (from Tokyo) or should that be Leon (from Beijing?), no, the 777 didn't arrive on Wednesday. Perhaps you could shed some light on the reasons why it failed to appear? I'm also intrigued to know how you've managed to get yourself a hotmail.co.uk email address when you're supposed to be resident in China. Do please enlighten me.

This post doesn't seem very aircraft-related to me........Fair point Baltimore but what has this guy done to you? He seems to only be enquiring what we all were.......Which I must add seems to be once again duff gen.......Not going to waste my petrol on the word of the buffoons on this forum
Gary, read the previous post and the 777 story came from your mate Rick, you two said you knew each other from Humberside days, so how can you now say that it was all us NCL folk spreading rumours?
Yes you are correct, he obviously heard this and asked if anyone had heard anything......then nothing was confirmed or denied..........Jesus knows where Rick heard this from, yes we do know each other and have done for years, but i'm still a bit miffed that he posted this without any confirmation....seems to be a common problem on here.
This post was edited on Thursday 31st May, 2012 at 11:55 GMT
Quote Quoting GaryFromHull, from a previous post

Fair point Baltimore but what has this guy done to you?

Nothing at all. As one of the site mods, I'm just very suspicious of anyone new coming onto the NCL Forum and posting what, on the face of it, appears to be a load of gobbledegook. If he (Leo or Leon!) proves to be 100 per cent genuine, then I will forthwith apologise profusely for jumping to the wrong conclusion.
Quote Quoting GaryFromHull, from a previous post

....seems to be a common problem on here.

Yes, and your mate, Rick, isn't exactly helping the situation in this respect! Can I suggest that you have a word with him and point out the error of his ways.
Oh dear. What's it been, 1 week??? and we have new members, frankly making a bit of a mess of the place. I think before it kicks off properly again I'm going to step back from the Newcastle forum for a day or two to let the adults sort it out.

Brgds
Martin
Quote Quoting MartinJW12, from a previous post

Oh dear. What's it been, 1 week??? and we have new members, frankly making a bit of a mess of the place. I think before it kicks off properly again I'm going to step back from the Newcastle forum for a day or two to let the adults sort it out.

Brgds
Martin

I know why is it always our Forum!?
I agree!
This post was edited on Thursday 31st May, 2012 at 15:15 GMT
Its tragic that we keep being brought down to this, however, while our forum was off the air, I was looking round some others and we're not the first NCL forum to be suspended because of the attitude.

Dont know why it seems to happen with NCL, although from where I'm sitting it seems to be an effort to discredit our site and divert new folk to others. The constant 'I've heard this site is bad', hmmm, from the reliable folk at the airport eh? Yes, I've heard some corkers off them as well. Vulcan that was meant to land after the airshow after all the folk waiting there said, 'yeah, its been on ATC, its coming in' - it didnt.

The information posted on here has been no worse or incorrect as what I have seen other fourms and heard at the airport. Yes, people get it wrong, fine, move on. Why get upset and begin name calling over a metal tube with a hairdryer either side? Maybe why aviation enthusiast get a bad rep.

Simple thing, if its a rumour and stated as such with no source, its your own choice to go up and see, if it doesnt come in, it doesnt come in, you were told its a rumour.

If someone states its a definate, and nothing happens, let the mods deal with them.
Can we settle down again please? Dragging up the past gets us nowhere and this forum is being watched by the mods for any shennannigans.

I really don't want to start issuing threats but let's just say what goes around comes around and any attempt to disrupt this forum to the benefit of elsewhere can always be dealt with if proven.

No arguments. Now please draw a line and start afresh.
I video'd a go around at NCL yesterday if anyone wants to watch :
What time was that yesterday?
Quote Quoting Trotsenstein, from a previous post

What time was that yesterday?

between 4:30 and 5:30
Thought so, I saw it while driving through Wide Open and then on approach when I got to Ponteland, wasnt sure if it was the same one but having seen the video it works out
Nice. What camera Do you use?
Quote Quoting Emirates77L, from a previous post

Nice. What camera Do you use?

panasonic lumix dmz-fz28
http://static.trustedreviews.com/94|241311|7ec2_8519-panasonicfz283quart.jpg
So where is everyone's favourite place for photos (I mean legal as well, not places you risk being moved on).

I like the gap in the hedge along Brunton Lane, good over view of the runway although the parking on the grass verge doesnt do the underside of the car any good!!
The small grassy Verge over from the 07 end public
Bridle way field (which is also a good spot).
Seemingly it has calmed down. Yeah I like the place Emirates77L mentioned but I also like the smaller emergency gate at the 25 end (left side of the runway) and thats where I always try and go when they're on 25 and I'm with my dad.
Just saw the Jet Provost on his way out before. Nice to see and hear it
Trotsenstein, A couple of weeks ago it was out doing circuits, Went around about 10 times. We were able to Get some Great photos!
went down today to see the Fokker 50, I'm sorry about the 777, a friend from LHR told me about it, so I was just passing on the information. Got a bit damp mind watching the F50 but lovely to see! Was anyone else down?
I was up this morning for the 767. Was canny wet and windy then
I probably looked like a right idiot, had my old fishing oil skins on!
Going back to the Emirates 777, aircraft we can expect into NCL are:

A6-EBA
A6-EBD
A6-EBF
A6-EBH
A6-EBP
A6-EBS
A6-EBT
A6-EBX
A6-ECB
A6-ECY
A6-ECZ and possibly EBV and EBZ
This post was edited on Friday 1st June, 2012 at 11:40 GMT
Thanks Dylan. You still up tomorrow again for the 767 for the day spotting we arranged?
Getting excited about this 777 now, hopefully the Fokker 50 will be in again.
No worries. Aye I'll be up tomorrow.
What time are you guys going up?
I'll text you The crack tom, but we're doing an all dayer
Excellent. I'mm gonna aim for 7:30-7:45 arrival, 19:30-20:00 departure.
I might be up at 25 around tea time tomorrow, depends how my golf goes happy
Ah right, I think we'll be down the 07 end
With credit to Routes Online, the Brussels route reverts back to Brussels Airlines come the winter schedule, using RJ85's.
This post was edited on Friday 1st June, 2012 at 19:09 GMT
Yep, extremely good news. Discoovered it a month or two ago. Also, I've heard from another source that there si a possibility of us getting an A319 at some point.

We'll have to get something else after they get rid of the Avro's.

EDIT: For those going tomorrow, keep an eye peeled for the Fokker 50, most probably on the BHD flight, see here. http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/ph-kxx/
A DC-3 arrived at NCL today at around 5:15.

Also, I've heard from another source that there si a possibility of us getting an A319 at some point

Doubt it, even LHR gets a lot of Avro action from Brussels Airlines.
Recently the 319's have been really common at LHR
Quote Quoting azz767, from a previous post

Recently the 319's have been really common at LHR

Yes they are getting more common, but the Avro still plies the route quite often too.
Brussels is starting to use the Dash 8-400 on shorter routes where capacity isn't a major issue so watch for them. They actually look good in the Brussels livery
This post was edited on Saturday 2nd June, 2012 at 19:32 GMT
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77601352@N02/7322278954/in/photostream/

DC3 up NCL today
Oh and I Forgot to mention Those who keep pestering the airport about a Viewing Area, Please Could you try and do it a little less although you will probably just see some of mine in the past :p, Anyway apparently the airport is getting sick of all the requests from us and Airport Management could abandon the whole thing. Not to mention all of the Debt the airport is in at the moment. so Guys we Will eventually Get one but we just need to be patient. The other Day a person on twitter was Telling me to get the 'press' involved because of how long they are taking, but that's just silly... On Another totally unrelated side note, Please be careful where you tread about ncl as me and 3 other Spotters were on the white bridge today, we witnessed two Childish teenagers getting out of a landslide security car for obvious reasons. Which in the long run gives us a bad name. Tom
Its usually why I avoid being anywhere near the airport itself, stay within public areas around 25/07 and then they cant do a thing. I know its not great if you dont have a good zoom lens if your doing photos, been there, but please folks just watch what your doing and seriously consider where you go.

I know its not great if you dont have a good zoom lens if your doing photos

Trotsenstein, haha that's me now, Just starting out with a Nikon D3000 with an 18 - 55mm lens laughing
But yeah I think they were picked up around the wooden fence at the bottom of 07 'trying to ride the wake' as I would put it :')
Yeah, those boys just came off the metro, through the terminal and basically just walked straight into the restricted "ILS critical area" at the end of 07. Obviously wanted to try and look hard or something but ended up getting half arrested and were tracked by security onto the metro (by way of CCTV camerad I think).

Oh well, what can we do about it, if they want to ruin it for everyone else, so be it. On another note the airport was absolutely packed yesterday, nearly all of the check in desks had constant queues at them, especially the ones with departing holiday flights (Easyjet, Jet2, Thomson, Thomas Cook etc....) Also can anyone tell me why easyjet only has 2 check in desks when the likes of Jet2 have 8 or something (I'm not bothered, I love jet2) and Air France, KLM, Eastern, MANX 2!!! all have 2 or 3. Just a bit weird when easyjet could have up to 450 passengers checking in at 1 time.

can anyone tell me why easyjet only has 2 check in desks when the likes of Jet2 have 8

It's the same at LTN. I guess it might have something to do with the fact that, in common with FR (and the other loco's), EZY are trying to persuade as many of their pasengers as possible to check-in online and make use of their dedicated bag-drop facilities or, preferably, travel without any hold baggage at all. It, therefore, makes sense to cut down on the number of check-in desks so that (i) EZY save money on staffing costs and (ii) it acts as a disincentive to the dwindling number of passengers who still insist on using their 'traditional' check-in facilities.
On a Different note did anyone else notice the KLM Embraer 190 Flaring wildly upon landing I have a photo of it big grin

Posted Photo
I dif think that E-190 was a bit out of the ordinary when it touched down.
Ever so slightely haha! :')
Small plannet is due out at half 4
A bit scouting round the net shows that the high nose on flare for an E-190 is pretty normal or at least is looks that way,

A bit scouting round the net shows that the high nose on flare for an E-190 is pretty normal or at least is looks that way,

You're right looked it up and Apparently 5Degrees with 5 Flaps is the Norm and 10 Degrees is allowed too.
Damn Brazillians.
The Embraers also have a fairly long nosewheel strut which means they can appear to be more nose-up, especially on the E170. It has to keep the engine cowls off the ground.
looks like the A380 is going to pass us over in the next few minutes - could have done with clearer skies
Whitehatter,

I noticed that at LCY, I think the E-170 looks quite amusing. Also, whats this resemblance to the wombles that I've heard mentioned?

Also, can anyone tell em the times for NCL's cargo flights, specifically the Fedex Feeder but I would also appreciate the Jet2 royal mail ones, also, sorry to keep askign questions, but is it true that TNT is starting NCL in October-ish time?

Thanks very much
Fedex Feeder arrives mon to thu at 20:30, out at 21:15, returning at 05:35 and departing at 06:20. The Jet2's depart to EMA and STN at 23:20 and 23:30 respectively, returning at 02:10 and 02:25, weekdays only, no bank holidays. As for TNT, I haven't heard anything.
DAMN!!! Was hoping it was closer to 19:30. Oh well, nothing I can do about it. Thanks andywalker.
A few interesting movements over the bank holiday, starting with the BBMF C47, which was a fuel stop turned tech stop. Small Planet Airlines produced B733 LY-AQV yesterday, and Eastern ERJ135 G-CGMB in Best of British colours operated the Stavanger rotation yesterday and today. Also arriving today was Air Finland B752 OH-AFM which operated the slightly delayed TCX Alicante flight before positioning down to Birmingham. Also a little heads up for the Bruce Springsteen concert a VIP A319 is scheduled to spend 3 nights on the apron, in late evening on June 19th and out on either the 21st or 22nd, will post times if I can get them.
thanks andywalker. found out about OH-AFM earlier today, unfortunately it was too late to go up and see it.
i don't understand - the Thomson Orlando flight just came in?? Newcastle arrivals don't have it down and its not scheduled on a wednesday according to the timetables but it defo just flew over my head!!!
apologies - in from luton, i see its scheduled to leave tomorrow
it has came in to stay overnight as manchester will have no fuel from 1800 tonight so we might get some diverts not promosing anything
I'm not getting my hopes up for diverts. Most will just stop off inbound or outbound Manchester, so I doubt anything's gonna happen.
Aircraft from MAN will likely fuel stop elsewhere. I dont expect many diverts
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=393176177384178&set=a.393176004050862.82405.370521412982988&type=3&theater Photo of the 767 Currently Here.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=392187904149672&set=a.392187747483021.82286.370521412982988&type=3&theater ERJ 135 in Best of British Livery.
Currently scheduled to operate the KL963/64 rotation tomorrow
afternoon is Boeing 737-800 PH-BXC

Subject to Change

Cheers
Dylan
Dylan,

I think KLM drops the Fokkers soon and uses Embraers and Boeing for the rest of the summer (700's and 800's) then they bring back the Fokkers for the winter.

The 738's are going to get more common again, lets hope for a 900 too big grin
Fokkers and Embraers are to remain on the schedule for a while. The963/64 rotation is usually a 737-700 in the summer, with 738s being some what of a rareity. In the winter it's to be Fokkers and 737s I think. The 190s may or may not make appearances in the winter.
The KLM timetables at the moment suggest a slight change for the lunch time flight starting shortly, with the 12:35 F70 becoming a 12:45 E190. The winter timetables are down for 4 flights with 737 700 and 800, with the lunch time flight being an E190.
I think the lunchtime flights already became a E190. So the Fokkers are being Replaced by 190s in the summer then. Not bad. Hope EZX makes an appearance soon!
I must have gotten confused then. I know that 1 "season" sees the Fokkers disappear and they come back the next "Season" but they must be switching their ops around. I dont want to see the fokker 70's go, I miss the 100's, thankfully the 70's have a while left yet.
Once KLM decide on a F70 replacement in the next year or 2, the F70s will begin to get phased out.
The previously reported Brussels Airlines reintroduction of the RJ85 for the winter has now been changed to the Dash8 Q400 leased from Flybe.
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: