Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic Newcastle Airport Forum | Even more NCL

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 93 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
Last thread was getting lengthy so especially for mobile users please continue below in this new thread.
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
Just for all who are going to Mistral air tommorow that the movement page appears wrong.

http://www.newcastleairport.com/NR/rdonlyres/ACCCA03F-9742-436F-B74D-A89C3394AC1E/0/TOGED13270412.pdf

Newcastle page shows that the landing is infact 3:50 Not what it says on the movements page
No, I think you'll find both are correct. The movements page does say 3:50 arrival.

*hint: Its a one off 7 day holiday ;)
This post was edited on Saturday 9th June, 2012 at 19:03 GMT
[quote=MartinJW12, 56318]No, I think you'll find both are correct. The movements page does say 3:50 arrival.

Lol .... my mistake
No worries big grin
KLM Skyteam 190 was in on Saturday, and a KLM 737-800 was in yesterday
Was there talk a few years ago of Wizzair returning th the region (coming to NCL instead of MME like before)? or was it that Wizzair said they wouldn't come back to the region and fly to to Newcastle?

I just remember a story about Wizzair, Newcastle and Durham Tees Valley.

Thanks, seems with OLT Express other polish routes (by OLT and Wizzair, maybe LOT to Warsaw but doubtful) could be on the cards.
Dont think OLTwill last and LOT is a not. polish market just isnt there for Regional Airports like us, thats why Wizz left the region.
EuroLOT could take a look at it as they have the Dash 8 coming into the fleet, which is better for longer range routes than the ATR. The Eastern European market isn't easy to read at the best of times though as it is extremely price-sensitive, hence the success of Ryanair into the region.
did anyone see the US Airforce KC-135 Stratotanker flying low over newcastle? when i saw it I assumed it had took off from ncl heading south and noted 4 engines but I think it was passing over at 5000 feet

http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=1005688
Was it not the AEW? That's often flying around the place
Definitely USAF KC135 61-0304, managed to get some photos while waiting for the 'Yorkshire' Jet2
http://www.newcastleairport.com/NR/rdonlyres/51726DDB-375D-497B-A106-C70FE1A0B82F/0/ED3TOGW1213310512.pdf

2012/2013 Winter timetable.

Something that confuses me that someone may be able to answer:

In the key on page 2 It says there is a airline LDA which is lauda airlines (1 fleet airline) Which is intresting because it is an Austrian airline. Then when u look at flights there is no mention of a flight with that code (LDA). Why ? is this an unannounced route ?
Im not sure about the LDA thing to be honest, just something we may have to keep our eye on,

other things to point out on the timetable.... the Jet2 flight to EWR isnt showing the aircraft being used although proberly still the 757... mabey 738? or getting another aircraft for them flights? just something to think about.

and also... TCX arnt using any a320's in the winter schedule, as said in Travel Weekly TCX may have cut to much capacity, could we see all four 757's back next summer?
The Lauda Airlines mention in the winter timetable is likely a mistake, as technically Lauda Air has now merged with Austrian Airlines, although I think with just a few A/C still in full Lauda colours. A similar thing happened the winter gone as an Austrian Arrows F100 flight to Innsbruck was mentioned but never happened. Hopefully I might be wrong!
The timetables can be a bit out. TS still shows A330, I've only seen the A310.

When the summer timetables came out around Jan, only one TCX flight showed an A320 but gradually more were changed, so I guess we should just wait and see nearer the time.
We had another Thomson 738 today as well as G-FDZG We had an abnormal G-FDZB.
Quote Quoting tomibewi, from a previous post

We had an abnormal G-FDZB.

It was in from Ibiza.
ZB was from Maderia. ZG went tech there (flight was delayed by about 8 hours). ZB picked up its Pax, with ZG returning empty later on. ZB then positioned down to LGW As far as i'm aware.
We had 2 EZY A320s in today, EZUL AND EZTK
But the Madeira flight is on a Monday?
martin the Madeira Flight Went Tech and Final Came up to NCL about 10Pm ish If I remember rightly. ZB Stopped over night then Flew down to LGW as Posted above which consequently we had 2 Thomson 738's in.
TOM 738s - what actually happened

ZG was u/s in FNC on Mon - returned with pax on Tuesday lunch-time, not Mon night
ZB did not pick the passengers up - it posn in from LGW on Mon evening, operated the Mon pm IBZ and then the Tue am ALC, and then posn back to LGW on Tue afternoon
yep i got a little mixed up, Alloys information is spot on. I checked on a few data sites, and it said ZB was from Ibiza. Must have been a combo of time mix-up and a Planefinder glitch
Plane finder continues Put out false information like the Thomas Cook 757 that apparently was on final at 37,000
According to PlaneFinder, FDZY just flew Barbados-Newcastle!
I told you you cant trust flight trackers 100%, but in the gospel according to callum he went on an XL 737 800 to the dominican republic via Dublin, Keflavik, Somewhere in North America, Canada I believe he said and then to the Dom Rep. He also claims that this XL 737 800 had 2-1-2 seating arrangement and I've been waiting 3 years for a picture of it. If anyone can clear this up I would be extremely grateful.

Martin
Quote Quoting MartinJW12, from a previous post

I told you you cant trust flight trackers 100%, but in the gospel according to callum he went on an XL 737 800 to the dominican republic via Dublin, Keflavik, Somewhere in North America, Canada I believe he said and then to the Dom Rep. He also claims that this XL 737 800 had 2-1-2 seating arrangement and I've been waiting 3 years for a picture of it. If anyone can clear this up I would be extremely grateful.

in a word, bollocks.
a 737-800 in a 2-1-2 seating arrangment, never heard nothing like that in my life laughing and why would it make stops at Dublin and Keflavik, isnt the 738 capable of flying to the US nonstop?

there was a 737-800 that used to fly from Newfoundland to Stanstead nonstop, cant remember the airlines name but thier still operating as i far as i know and also...

My auntie once flown a My Travel aircraft from NCL-SFB and she said it was a normal sized aircraft with 3-3 layout? (persuming it was the 757) so its not completely uncommon for single isled aircraft to operate long haul charter routes.
Astreaus flew to from Gatwick to Deer Lake, Newfoundland with the 737-700
Keflavik, USA, then Canada. So it went up past Canada, then back to Canada. Makes
Sense.
737 is a single aisle aircraft. 2-1-2 wouldn't work and wouldn't be legal due to the small aisles. A 73 always has been and always will be a small single aisle aircraft
Quote Quoting Emirates77L, from a previous post

737 is a single aisle aircraft. 2-1-2 wouldn't work and wouldn't be legal due to the small aisles. A 73 always has been and always will be a small single aisle aircraft

couldn't do it at all because of the PSUs and overhead oxygen. The only aircraft configured that way in recent years has been the 767 at Continental with a 2-1-2 business class.
On a Different note the main baggage belt broke today which was Hilarious May I add.
Just done some checking, the majority of the Dom Rep Flights by XL seemed to be operated by a 767.
Was wondering what YL-LCI was on FR24 this morning - realised it was the TCX A320 delayed to Reus
This may only interest Radar Spotters, but there appears to be a new Ground Radar code squitting from NCL area. ( no callsign ) Maybe a service vehicle or just a test. Mode-s code is 43BF94 ( not on any published lists ) Anyone got any info ?
sorry completely off topic

pardon my stupidity but what does GOLF as in the apron actually stand for? (I worked out General Aviation all by myself for the other one)

and also - is the souter NDB still in operation ?? not that they are much use anymore
Whitehatter, I believe you summed that up perfectly
ServisairNCL, you too
Emirates77L, and you aswell

That was my reaction at first. I've heard this story in full 2-3 times and as I say, have been promised a picture on probably 10 occasions and still havnt recieved one. He also mentioned that on the flight the legroom on the flight was so bad it would have been more comfortable to sit on the table and eat off the chair as you couldnt get the table down without it being at a funny angle and the food or whatever sliding to the back fo the table. (that also sounds slightly illegal to me if the chair in front is so close you cant get the table down, especially for a young child :/). Thanks for getting that info on the 767's Dylan.

Anyway, aside from fairytales. Does anyone know which aircraft is operating the Zakynthos to Newcastle flight tomorrow? My mam and her 2 sisters are on it.
Just checked, if it's the TCX at about 0830 it's a 757-200
Quote Quoting Emirates77L, from a previous post

Just done some checking, the majority of the Dom Rep Flights by XL seemed to be operated by a 767.

XL had the slave ships as well. BOPB and BNYS.

Both were 767-204ER models formerly from BY with 300 seats absolutely crammed in and the plugged CF6-80 engines to move them. They also had some 763ERs which weren't much better.

The 767s were 2-4-2 seating.
Perhaps the idea of a twin aisle B737 (or similar) is not so far-fetched after all:
http://www.king5.com/news/business/Is-this-what-a-new-737-could-look-like-103746519.html
Quote Quoting Baltimore, from a previous post

Perhaps the idea of a twin aisle B737 (or similar) is not so far-fetched after all:

the economics would be poor on that. Aisles are dead space.

It might be handy on the apron for fast turnrounds but in the air the additional fuselage circumference would create drag and extra weight. Airlines need to fill space with behinds and all that would happen is it would end up as 4-3 instead of 2-2-2
Quote Quoting whitehatter, from a previous post

the economics would be poor on that. Aisles are dead space.

Agreed. As one commentator pointed out, rather than incorporating a second aisle, it would be better if the additional space were used to instal wider seats in a traditional 3-3 configuration, thereby creating a more comfortable environment for the 'larger-boned' among us!
Funny old world. One of the very few airlines which employed 4-3 seating was a NCL regular!

Northeast Airlines and the Trident. There are pictures of the super high density version which make it look like a torture chamber.
Hi all, was going down the felling bypass today at 15.05 heading towards Newcastle and seen what I think was Emirates at may 2000ft or 3000ft not to sure, did EK have any problems today? I seen it coming in at 13.05 heading to the coast...Anyone got any info? Also has anyone been on flying lessons at NCL? As thinking of taking a few in the next couple of months
Yeah, had 14 lessons (14 hours) use Northumbria flying school not St Georges because Northumbria is much more private and they've been established at NCL on the same site for about 77 years so I'd go for them. I'd also recommend the Piper if you want to take someone up with you. £152 per hour (might have dropped to £149 now)

Hope I've helped
Just has a look on the playback on FR24 for yesterday, shows EK departed over towards South Shields and does fly almost down the Felling bypass (at 5000ft before the sarcasm starts lol)

If you want to check it out you need to change the time to 14:00 on the playback and you can watch its route out
Hahahaha, just imagine an A330 at 20ft down the felling bypass hahaha laughing

Hope the 77W does that big grin
Quote Quoting DAVID_A319, from a previous post

Also has anyone been on flying lessons at NCL? As thinking of taking a few in the next couple of months

Yeah had about eighteen although because you can only log hours once you're are 14 I've got 3 hours and 25 minutes when in fact it should been eighteen hours twenty five minutes. If your looking to get your license without going bankrupt I recommend the Cessna 152 with Northumbria Flying School, alternatively if its just a one off trial flight I would advise their Piper and then you can take someone up with you. The cheapest is still the Cessna at NFS... don't waste time looking at St. George they'll have your eyes out. have a look at northumbria-flying-school.co.uk

Cessna (30min) £55
Piper (30min) £85
Cessna (1 hour) £135
Piper (1 hour) £152
Got an excellent view of a Lufthansa 747-8I earlier
Today thanks to the clear sky.
why does it cost more for an hour for the cessna?

that's like a pint costing more than 2 halves of larger! I'd be booking 2 separate lessons
Interesting question phil

I suppose it just depends on which aircraft you prefer. I've been told the Piper responds much quicker however the cessna's controls arent as stiff as the Piper. Personally I prefer the piper (more manly and manual in my opinion). Also depends on what sort of view you prefer if you get what I mean. Cessna has better downward views and piper has better upwards views. Both have equal forward, left, right and sort of rearward views (cessna a bit better because of rear window)

Quick query Callum, you say about 18 lessons and 18.25 hours? Your first 5 at least lessons were 30 mins??? Just wondering happy

Anyway, just look for yourself and see what you think.
Thanks MartinJW12 and Sperwer for the info. happy Will be using Northumbria Flying School, Piper is the one for me I think. Cant wait to book my first lesson. Is the block booking any good for £350 or do I start with the trial lesson at £149?
Thanks to Trotsenstein for the Emirates info it look massive. Had the roof down on the car and wow shocked was all i could say!
Did anyone see the Dakota yesterday lunch time.
Quote Quoting DAVID_A319, from a previous post

or do I start with the trial lesson at £149?

It all depends, do you want to go for you PPL? If you do and you wan tot do it quick I'd go for the block. If I might suggest taking your mates up in the Piper for your first few lessons and then switching to the Cessna because you can't take your mates up full stop when you're doing your actual training.

Your first 5

Three lessons at thirty and the remainder hours, I added two halfs together to make a one, plus the half which fell short and I cannot remember wh, I think it was weather... my hours are correct.

Quote Quoting phil1, from a previous post

why does it cost more for an hour for the cessna?

I've forgotten to move the still in place xmas discount from the Cessna's hour... I know Xmas in June!!!
Hold on Callum, your saying you've spent £2485 or there about, on flying lessons, surely Northumbria would've told you to stop if you couldn't log all of those hours?
I think Northumbria would have informed you before hand you couldn't log hours till a certain age
Yeah they do, I've found out it has helped though, instead of doing the "boring" ones like straight and level and turning in full as the training, if you've already done it you can just skim over it. If they let you take off and fly to wherever they want you to go, you can prove yourself anyway so even though they are void in the eyes of aviation law, you still have the experience.
Quote Quoting tomibewi, from a previous post

Hold on Callum, your saying you've spent £2485 or there about, on flying lessons, surely Northumbria would've told you to stop if you couldn't log all of those hours?

Yeah they do, I've found out it has helped though, instead of doing the "boring" ones like straight and level and turning in full as the training, if you've already done it you can just skim over it. If they let you take off and fly to wherever they want you to go, you can prove yourself anyway so even though they are void in the eyes of aviation law, you still have the experience.

Martin hits the nail on the head!
Guys, no disrespect intended, but I can't help thinking that, insofar as the rest of us are concerned, the flying lessons 'thing' has now been done to death. Can we, therefore, please get back on topic, i.e. what's going on at NCL.
Thanks for your suggestion Baltimore - maybe the puddle jumpers could have their own mini forum, it was getting somewhat dull
Brian, comments about 'puddle Jumpers' influenced the troubles in the past on this forum. Let's not go down that road again.

On another note A6-EKR is the EK A330 today.
Quote Quoting Len123, from a previous post

Let's not go down that road again.

Motion seconded.
Baltimore - PM on the way
Yeah, sorry guys.

Bruce Springsteen in departed earlier today in D-ADNA.

Martin
Quote Quoting Brian, from a previous post

PM on the way

...and for you
Something to chat about..

What about this runway extention? and apparently "heavy rail network" for 2016 to incrase passenger numbers, with NCL not being in the best financial situation do you think these mabey scrapped or postponed?
Quote Quoting ServisairNCL, 56862">previous post

Something to chat about..

What about this runway extention? and apparently "heavy rail network" for 2016 to incrase passenger numbers, with NCL not being in the best financial situation do you think these mabey scrapped or postponed?

Looks like it has been scrapped. Its been taken off the master plan
A little heads up for next week Titan Airways are doing an ad-hoc charter to Munich on behalf of Audi using a B737 300. Will position in from Stansted monday evening at 21:05, departing tuesday morning at 11:35. Can't remember the return flight date/time but will post them when I can.
It will happen, but knowing NCL probably not in my lifetime. They'd rather slap new plastic and shiny windows to the front of the terminal to build an utterly useless new security extension which so far has only managed to make the front of the terminal look even more ridiculous and out of place.

I'm sorry but why build a bigger security area if you're not getting a heavy rail link and runway extension to allow larger aircraft and larger opportunities for passengers to use public transport. Northern rail trains can already use the current tracks at NCL station and the platform is long enough so what I dont understand is, why not? I realise infrastructure away from the airport will be necessary to connect the airport to Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Darlington, Middlesborough, Hexham, Carlisle, Morpeth, Alnwick, the metrocentre and more, however the airport station is longer that atandard metro stations and the metro operates into Sunderland and Heworth etc meaning that they must be the same gauge.

Come on Newcastle, you have to spend money to make money.
This post was edited on Friday 22nd June, 2012 at 22:07 GMT
Quote Quoting magicninja, from a previous post

Its been taken off the master plan

Are you sure about that? What's the source of your information?

Come on Newcastle, you have to spend money to make money.

Not when your in severe Debt.
Well yeah not immediately but you do have to spend to make money sometimes.
Obviously, But the heavy rail link, it's not really needed when you have a metro which leads to heavy rail...
Shame it's cloudy today. SQ A380 went over earlier and LH A380 heading up the coast now
Pula is showing up for NCL on the jet2 website happy
This post was edited on Saturday 23rd June, 2012 at 23:18 GMT
Tom,

It is needed more that you might think. The metro is, how do you say, mainly full of chavs, such as teenagers who knock on the windows and deliver inappropriate hand gestures rolling eyes .

On a serious note though, the metro sort of takes too long and has a limited catchement area. if northern rail did it you could travel to the airport from Carlisle, Morpeth, Middlesborough etc etc etc and from Newcastle and sunderland much much quicker.

The only problem is that developement will be needed outside of the airport by way of a junction so that the trains can all go to the airport and possibly a third platform at NCL just for the proper trains.

Dont ask me, you know what I'm like I'll have HS125's going to Hexham from platform 5 and a dedicated maglev service from optional platform 8 to get to central station in 4 minutes and sunderland in 11 minutes or or something like that. ;)

Basically I think ncl needs to sort out a plan, get a heavy rail link for the whole region, get a new runway extension and just modernise certain parts of the terminal. Btw Virgin330 (James) thanks for pointing out that the new extension is already falling apart tongue out. Anyway, this has to start somewhere and I thnk the best place to start is getting MAG to buy the 49% Copenhagen is selling and ideally get a new management team who know how to run an airport.

I know I sound harsh but we really really didnt need that new security extension if we're not getting anything new apart from Bygoszozozozsocks 2 weekly at the end of the year.

I'm sorry NCL but you have messed up big time the last few years (is now a bad time to mention that the airport let Jet2 Prague passengers go through domestic arrivals the other day?)
There are many flaws to your ideas, there will never be a heavy rail link where the current metro station is, at best I would say it would get to the freight villege, there aren't any tracks nearby so a whole new system would need to be built, if a heavy rail link were to use the metro tracks, which metro most likely wouldn't allow as they own the tracks once you get past pelaw, another service from a different company would mean less money for them. As for the runway extension which at the moment is not needed unless your ideas of AA starting a twice daily triple 7 miraculously starts up even then the bloke who owns the field at the end of 25 won't sell his land, after that you have coach lane which unfortunately NCLA limited don't own so there's you extra bit of tarmac gone, also we will never be able to compete with the likes of Manchester, their airport is only 1 and a half hours away by car if I'm honest I'd rather go there. Newcastle haven't messed up Martin look at the airline industry its so hard to keep a company afloat especially in times like these, you will eventually get the extension but don't expect anything better to come from it, airlines won't think 'Newcastle lengthened their runway by an extra one thousand feet lets fly to cork with a 747 800 4x daily as it can take off from there now' everyone on this forum needs to stop posting crappy here, if you wanna do that post it in the general discussion forum. I don't see the point of everyone posting their pipe dreams I mean cmon it all takes money which is something ncl lacks at the moment.. I wasnt having a pop at you there Martin just your comment added fuel to my fire.
Quote Quoting andywalker, from a previous post

A little heads up for next week Titan Airways are doing an ad-hoc charter to Munich on behalf of Audi using a B737 300. Will position in from Stansted monday evening at 21:05, departing tuesday morning at 11:35. Can't remember the return flight date/time but will post them when I can.

Where did u hear this from ?
I work at the airport.

I work at the airport.

Oh right , Thank you ! happy
Agreed with Tom
1) NCL could extend the runway to 15000ft and have the biggest In the UK, but if DEMAND (what starts routes) isn't there then its pointless. Wont mean biger aircraft. If there's no demand there's no change. On the subject of Runway extensions, the 07 end is a impossibility, and unless he farmer flogs his (which he won't unless he gets £££££) the 25 end won't get one any time soon. The area around the airport is to restricted.
2) heavy rail will not happen any time soon, If ever. Metro tracks can't handle trains heavier than the metros themselves, The metro system from NCL to the city is to busy, and since Northern trains wont fit through the tunnels, extra track would be needed to be built to get them up to Central. Spending millions And millions on heavy Rail is pointless when the metro takes you direct to Central.
Okay guys, I think it's time to give the 'runway/heavy rail' debate a rest. It's been an interesting discussion, but me thinks that you can have too much of a good thing and it's starting to get a bit repetitive.

I dont know why I get involved in group discussions because when I voice my opinions everyone expects that I'm taking it all to far and making up loads of stuff.

Martin it's not just you, but everyone expects things to come out of the Bloom, There is no money nothing can be done, can we not just stick to current events in and around newcastle.
Just out of curiosity A 747 Didn't fill in for an Emirates A330 in 2009 I have no dates sorry, Best information I can give at the moment...
Titan B733 returns wednesday evening 20:20.
thanks andywalker. No Tom, I think that was the Dubai Royal Family coming in for the horses.

Titan B733 returns wednesday evening 20:20.

What time is take off ?

I think that was the Dubai Royal Family coming in for the horses.

I knew that was in just a comment on youtube caught my eye, It's nice to catch people out that's all big grin
haha, yeah big grin
They have a new one now as the horse pee rotted the floors out of the last one.
Quote Quoting whitehatter, from a previous post

They have a new one now as the horse pee rotted the floors out of the last one.

What are you on about ahhaa?
Quote Quoting magicninja, from a previous post

What time is take off ?

Positions straight out at 21:05 back to Stansted.
Hahahaha, thats great Whitehatter, you never fail to amuse me big grin

I hope we get another visit from the royals soon.
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: