Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic Newcastle Airport Forum | ...and evenmore everything that is NCL.

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 69 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
As per, thanks folks...
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
Been up to see the titan tonight with tombewi, virgin330 and emirates77l.

Could anyone confirm the fedex feeder times please?
Yes, it was Rather good, Two Tornado's Did an Overshoot today 2 hours Apart :')
Could anyone give me a Time as to when The MON A330 is going to Arrive at our Little Regional.
As its due out at 8:40, its usually about 5.30 - 6 in the morning when I see it fly in.
Loganair Saab 340 positioning in from GLA on thursday at 15:15 to operate an ad-hoc to Inverness. Returns sunday 8th from Inverness at 17:15, returning to GLA shortly afterwards. Not the most exciting movement but at the moment its all we've got!
Quote Quoting tomibewi, from a previous post

Could anyone give me a Time as to when The MON A330 is going to Arrive at our Little Regional.

stand by your beds, ladies, but at the moment an Air Pullmantur 744 is subbing for Monarch due to unscheduled maintenance. There is always the possibility of an aircraft change....
Quote Quoting whitehatter, from a previous post

stand by your beds, ladies, but at the moment an Air Pullmantur 744 is subbing for Monarch due to unscheduled maintenance. There is always the possibility of an aircraft change....

we may have a 744 ?
Apparently this isn't likely, seems Monarch are subbing other aircraft as well. You never know though, something might well turn up unexpectedly!
This post was edited on Monday 2nd July, 2012 at 15:20 GMT

something might well turn up unexpectedly!

I've Just been told It could be an Air Italy 767, intstead of the 744. In my eyes im just expect a Ryanair with a 3-2-3 Configuration.laughing
I'll be up early on Tuesday.
The Air Italy B767-200 I-AIGH was operating for MON at MAN to SSH yesterday so if it was brought in to do more than just that one flight it is a possibility definitely
martin this is no need of going as the monarch flight isnt on tommorow as if you remember the flights are every 2 weeks and it was on last week so it will be next tuesday when it will be on
Yeah I know, I meant next Tuesday if they're still subbed. Anyway I was the one who told you it was bi-weekly. rolling eyes
I read before that in the event of the 330 going tech, NCL would get a A300, so I wouldn't get our hopes up yet. It's highly likely the 330(s) will
Be back in service in a few days.
Only G-EOMA has gone Tech
No, thats not true about the A300. That is just what fellow member Sperwer said but in the busy summer schedule they simply could not take an A300 out of the schedule. Hence the 2 aircraft, Air Italy 76' and Pullmantur 74' leased along with 4 737 300 and 400's coming this summer too. Newcastle will categorically not get an A300.

Martin
Ah aye I forgot about the A300s busy schedule. Well get the usual 330 anyways. SMAN is still flying and that's the regular up here anyways. As far as I am aware no narrow bodies are being leased in. They have not need for extra capacity on Short Haul flights. They've recently gotten 2 extra A320s for European ops
(this is Dyl by the way)
MON have three 734s and a 733 in for the summer. Two to EMA and two to BHX. The Baby closedown has created a business opportunity that Monarch have quickly moved to exploit.

The A320 due to go to Kemble at season end is also being kept active for a little longer.

The joker in the pack is the military flying. There are still some contracts to be covered by the widebodies. That makes things fluid at Monarch at the moment as there is money to be made and additional lift needed quickly.
Add to this Monarch have also been flying for Thomson this week! Spotted an A321 doing a TOM flight out of Glasgow.
Hi,

Can anyone help with some regs I'm looking for. I'm trying to find which aircraft operated the FAO route on the 12th and 18th of June...

any assistance would be great

cheers
|
Do you know the flight number Sketty?
Sketty

Only thing I can suggest if no one has them is possibly try the playback function on FR24. I know its not always acurate but could be somewhere to try.

Side note, just caught the TCX A321 departing earlier.
TCX A321 at NCL?
G-NIKO positioned in from MAN to operate our FUE this afternoon as G-CRPH did the normal tuesday night Manchester switch over and didn't come back. Also last night saw two Fedex Feeders together as EI-FXC was still tech from monday night and EI-FXH (ATR72) was sent to cover. Hope this helps Martin.
Thanks very much, amazing what school and homework can ruin isnt it!!!
Quote Quoting Sketty222, from a previous post

Hi,

Can anyone help with some regs I'm looking for. I'm trying to find which aircraft operated the FAO route on the 12th and 18th of June...

any assistance would be great

12 June 2012 NCL-FAO G-CELH B733 EXS597
18 June 2012 NCL-FAO G-CELH B733 EXS597
If anyone is interested Jet2's, NCL based Boeing 737-300, G-CELH will be swapping with LBA based B737-300, G-CELG for the rest of the summer within the next few days.

As they have been having performance issues using the less powerful 737's out of NCL recently. So by doing the change around it should mean less weight restrictions as LG will be able to carry that extra bit off fuel needed to get up to NCL from now on.
Why are they giving G-CELH to Leeds? A higher airport with a shorter runway?

What problems have they had, I didnt realise G-CELH was less powerful? Are there any others like this?

Anyway, at least its something different.
Have they got Derated engines slapped under a few?
something worth digging into.

The CFM56-3 comes in several formats, and Jet2 have also upgraded some using PIPs from CFM and also Pratt and Whitney. Airlines can specify thrust levels on the aircraft which can save them money on overhaul costs.

Changing the levels is mechanically fairly simple but can cost quite a bit with the manufacturer as it involves contracts for overhaul and warranty. Some of the 733s are also QC versions and that means they haul a fair bit of additional weight around. I recall seeing a change of weight and thrust on an aircraft costing hundreds of thousands of pounds just to change a plug on an engine and increase the MTOW as it involved both Boeing and the engine company. It's a complicated process and beyond me how it can cost so much.

CELG came originally from Ansett in Australia and CELH is an old Lufthansa aircraft so the airlines may have ordered different thrust ratings. LH kept their 733s fairly local so needed less power to lift fuel. That might be your answer.
Thanks whitehatter. So the problems were not being able to carry full pax loads with the fuel, not the runway length at NCL. I'm guessing it'll do things like Paris, Amsterdam, Belfast, Jersey etc from Leeds.
Just a suggestion, with BA taking deliverys of the 787 next year, anyone think the 767's the will be leaving may get snached up by jet2?

or is jet2 not in the best position to take these on?
This post was edited on Friday 6th July, 2012 at 16:33 GMT
Alot of people have been asking this, personally unless EXS want to expand to America and/or the Caribbean then no, they may take some of the EU 767's but not the long haul configured ones. And only to replace unflyable 75's if nessecary. Dont forget they are taking another 757 this month and with the Allegiant ones due to return soon they will either go more 75's, more 738's although i think they will only purchase them to replace 733's or then the possibility of the 767.
LS may go for the 767 but only to add capacity in the summer on bucket and spade routes, then lease them out over winter. Pilot commonality is a major factor so costs would be lower there, but to be honest at the moment airlines like Jet2 are playing a very steady game and not taking any silly gambles.

The shorthaul 767s at BA are also high cycle aircraft and maybe not too attractive. Cabin refits would also be a big ticket item on these, so the economics may not stack up. It's a lot to spend on a limited life aircraft, even if the purchase price is low due to odd engines being installed. QF also have some of those which may be the first 767s to be sold off.
In 3-5 years when LS decides to try Florida (and it will work for them) they WILL take BA's 767's. BA's 767's almost fit too well in LS's fleet.
I'm Cojered so if what I say sounds sily then I'm sorry. I think jet 2 would suit the 767's quite well a flight from Man to New York or NCL to New York using those would be Sufficient I would presume the 757's would be bursting to the Brim wiht Pax. Once Weekly on a Summer and Winter Season would probably work out. Anyway I'm saying routes and They might not even get te Aircraft. Tom
Regarding the BA 763s and LS getting them. It's all about who pay the most - LS or the part dealers.
does anyone know the reg of the jet2 aircraft that diverted in last night from leeds which was on ls476
This post was edited on Saturday 7th July, 2012 at 12:34 GMT
B752 G-LSAB Has been operating LS476
Monarchs G-EOMA is still tech at LGW. it was hit by a set of stairs damaging one of the rear doors. Pullmantur 747 is operating for it. NCL is still expected to have a 330 operating as its usually the one operating from Manchester.
G-SMAN is all over the place at the moment, doing Sanford flights out of MAN, LGW and even BFS. You can't predict on this basis what will operate from where.
Ah right. I didn't know SMAN was all over the shot. My bad.
Tom, thats sort of what I said but I think if they wanted to do it ASAP, 757's would do. Maybe not from MAN though.

P.S congratulations for managing to put a sentence together ;)
Quote Quoting Len123, from a previous post

Ah right. I didn't know SMAN was all over the shot. My bad.

seems to be doing a steady pattern of SFB trips at the moment. I looked it up on flight24 and was surprised that it isn't doing any SSH or other medium haul trips at the moment, so the A300 fleet must be covering all of them.

It'll be interesting to see what does turn up at NCL. MAN-SSH is part of the Manchester based aircraft's Sunday work then it eventually ends up doing NCL.
Any more infromation about the MON Flight tommorow?
Just been on jet2's website and see that flights from Newcastle to Pula have been confirmed, must only have been today as I saw no evidence of it yesterday. From what I can pick up it seems to be a Tuesday afternoon flight from 2nd July to 3rd September. Flight numbers are LS539 and LS540. Not Jet2's cheapest flight from Newcastle but I see why and I'd safely guess it will probably be operated by a 737 300.

Excellent news for Newcastle and it could get quite a lot better for Newcastle for next year.

http://www.jet2.com/
Pula is doing well from a number of airports thanks to a push by Jet2holidays. Now the region is stable and has been for years, it is again becoming popular as it offers good value and isn't too far (easily done by a 733).

I am hoping LS will again start Sharm flights next year.
Yeah, me too. I'm hoping for Egypt (Sharm and Luxor) with more later and I'm hoping that they might break into the greek islands and more North Africa too. Some more interesting destinations (as per with LS) wouldnt go amiss either, dont know why but Moscow, New York and Cape Verde immediately spring to mind when I think about routes LS might do. rolling eyes

I am glad to see LS do well from the regionals too, one of my favourite airlines.
Doubt LS will enter into the Greek market with the state of there economy at the minute, plus I think the landing fees for NYC would be to high for a charter airline on a scheduled flight, but you never know happy

In other news, Monarch flight today was the Usual A330, G-SMAN.

Cheers
Len123

Look at the MAN forum (cant remember which thread, spooky) ;)

I do think 1 weekly 757 from Newcastle, Leeds and maybe East midlands could work. They could also attempt Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgoe in the future to cater for the majority who cant afford UA.

Cape Verde I can see happening in 3-5 years and from what I've heard, 6 hours on one of their 757's doesnt seem too bad. La Palma and Fuerteventura in the Canaries can also be expected I think, however, probably not from Newcastle.

I would say that, if Newcastle gets the usual scale of expansion that LS do every year, we can expect:
Madeira
Sharm El Sheikh
Milan

However, if the rumoured expansion takes place I think we can expect:
Madeira
Sharm El Sheikh
Milan
Barcelona
Berlin
Budapest
Sardinia
And maybe Zante too.
Jet2 operate routes where they can be home the same night

Even SSH was a straight turn-round. BA and their 777 crews went to a hotel, LS just cleaned the cabin and the same crew worked the return. New York means crews being downroute and that costs as the flight is too long to be able to do a clean and return trip using one crew.

A once a week trip means crews being in NYC for at least a couple of days until another flight comes in for them to work back, then transport back to home base.

Incidentally 6 hours on an LS 757 is torture. No reclining seats.

I hope LS will again start Sharm flights next year.

I hope so. I wonder how much money that lost them being the only UK airline to stop their flights to Sharm when the Egyptian Revolution began... any ideas?
Probably not much as the planes were quickly put onto extra flights. It wasn't a particularly heavy rotation route and also six hour flights don't generate as much income as two three hour flights.

Other airlines stopped or cut back, but LS was certainly the quickest off the mark. There is still nothing like the number of flights there were on other carriers but it's building up again. Luxor and Hurghada were destinations that seemed to suffer more as they were mainland Egypt.
Quote Quoting Sperwer, from a previous post

Egyptian Revolution began

What do you mean Egyptian Revolution? The country is messed up like ours, Except theirs is becoming Like Greece Riots all the Time, Parliament is Messed up I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't Have an Egypt Route. Why do we always have Discussions about random things here? I thought that was for the General Discussion Forum happy
Jet2 and others did flights to Sharm. I suggest you try reading up on this as the Sinai was unaffected and Egypt is slowly becoming more stable.

NCL-SSH is a valid route to discuss so hardly random. Jet2 was expanding their Sharm coverage when the Egyptian revolution started.
Dont forget, charter airlines make more money SSH route than any other, due to it being a 5-6 hour flight and not being in the EU, people by more cigarettes on this flight then any other, and theres thousands to be made on just one flight, with Thomson, Cabin crew have a sales target of 9 grand on the NCL-SSH route and i imagine Jet2 being somewhat similar.

Why do we always have Discussions about random things here?

Sperwer didn't start a 'random' discussion, you did by choosing to take him to task for his reference to the 'Egyptian Revolution'. I had a feeling that things were going to deteriorate once people started hypothesising about routes again. Can we please stick to matters of a factual nature, e.g. confirmed movements, confirmed routes, actual events, etc.
At what Point did I say Sperwer you Started a Random Discussion? I said Why do we always have Random Discussions here That's what the General Discussion forum is For.
Im going to make this very simple for you. Start fighting/bitching again and the NCL thread disappears once more.

No if's, but's or maybe's. Simple choice.
Easyjets A320 for the day is G-EZUK

I'm staying off this site for a while

Good idea mate - anymore rubbish and it may well be longer than you bargain for - Callum was correct in what he said.
Check this site this morning all is calm, check Later in the day and it's back to the petty little arguments (again) I'm starting to wonder why I visit/post on this site. 5/6 threads and all Contain at least 1 little 'conflict'. Sort it out guys. It's getting beyond a joke now

Check this site

Sorry, but I think you mean, 'check this forum'.

Sort it out guys.

There are three site moderators (myself included) who are constantly monitoring the NCL Forum. Rest assured that we are doing our level best to ensure that things don't get out of hand. I suggest that you try to ignore the 'spats' and focus on the factual content, in which context your contributions are much appreciated.
Feel free to delete if necessary, I dont mean to cause any trouble but we're not hypothesising routes, I felt that Whitehatter and I were having a sort of educated discussion (with Whitehatter putting me right on certain things) and I would like to continue it if no-one minds.

Whitehatter, are you saying/what I've taken from what you said is that if jet2 wanted to make a go of NYC, they would have to schedule at least 5 weekly flights from various UK points, 2 NCL, 1 Leeds and 2 East Midlands for arguments sake so that they crew would never spend more than 2 nights in New York, or the UK (as another idea could be having the flights operated by a NYC based crew???) to save money.

Would an aircraft/fleet change for longer flights be in order?
Fair play to Baltimore for the above, appreciated happy

Back on topic, night stopping BA is G-EUUC (A320)
Glad to see G-EUUC back up here, used to be really regular alongside G-BUSH (George Bush) and were/are my second favourite and favourite respectively.
Quote Quoting MartinJW12, from a previous post

Whitehatter, are you saying/what I've taken from what you said is that if jet2 wanted to make a go of NYC, they would have to schedule at least 5 weekly flights from various UK points, 2 NCL, 1 Leeds and 2 East Midlands for arguments sake so that they crew would never spend more than 2 nights in New York, or the UK (as another idea could be having the flights operated by a NYC based crew???) to save money.

It just wouldn't work for them because of the costs. That's all I have to offer on this subject. Overnighting crews is only ever done on the Christmas flights and no other part of their operations.

There are easier targets to head for, which will make more money for them and not need overnighting, so wait and see what LS announce for Summer 2013 onwards as they are not in retrenchment mode by any means. NCL has been a good base for them.
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: