Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic Newcastle Airport Forum | Into August at Newcastle

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 103 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
Please continue here. Last thread hit the high numbers. Usual rules apply.
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
Hi, does anyoen have any information on Newcastle's based fleet status for next year, I have heard the following from various sources:

Easyjet to stay the same, 2 A319's, 1 A320

Jet2 up to 8 aircraft, 2 733's, 2 752's and 4 738's, I personally think that due to LS only having 4 738's as of now, we will probably stay the same with the addition of 2 738's if it is true.

Thomas Cook, I have heard back to 4 757's. 2 757's, 2 A320's. 4 A320's. 2 757's, 1 A321, 1 A320 and I believe I have also heard 3 A320's, 1 A321. This depends on if TCX survives until next summer, which I hope they will, however I am doubtful.

Thomson, I dont know how many aircraft we have however all 738 was mentioned.

I was wondering because I had a long discussion about it today with virgin330.
LS have additional aircraft coming in the near future (over winter and spring) so NCL could see some changes with the based fleet. I don't see four being feasible purely because adding four at a base means a lot of new 737-800 drivers need to be trained or hired in.

Getting trained at a lowcost isn't the easiest thing as it can cost the crew big bucks to get their ticket. GLA and MAN currently have 2 each so I would expect they would get them first and NCL may see them on W pattern flights to start with.
yeah, James (VIR330) said we were getting MAN's and GLA's 738's.
Too late to edit, does anyone have any idea what the load factors are on Air Transat's Toronto flights? I have a horrible feeling we might actually lose them next year.
Quote Quoting MartinJW12, from a previous post

yeah, James (VIR330) said we were getting MAN's and GLA's 738's.

Don't think this is the case. GLA needs the B737-800(WL) for the range, and MAN needs the B738 for the loads.

Add to that, GLA/MAN already have their B737-800 flights loaded for next year, and Leeds has loaded the requirement for at least 2 based B737-800.

Thomas Cook, I have heard back to 4 757's. 2 757's, 2 A320's. 4 A320's. 2 757's, 1 A321, 1 A320 and I believe I have also heard 3 A320's, 1 A321. This depends on if TCX survives until next summer, which I hope they will, however I am doubtful.

Also regarding this, big base cutbacks for 2013, with NCL going down to 2xB757-200 and 1xA320

Most bases have had cuts however.
This post was edited on Wednesday 1st August, 2012 at 17:31 GMT
Whitehatter, yeah thats what I said, but James was adamant rolling eyes , I didnt know about Leeds getting 738's though, therefore that means LS must be getting 2 more 738's, which I would guess lessens the chance of us getting 4, unless... Jet2 gets at least 6 more over the winter.

Ah right, sad news, thanks anyway W_R, I'm guessing that means route cutbacks aswell, are they parking some aircraft then? Do you also know, will Skiathos still be operated by the 757 next year?
I cant see TCX going under anytime soon, considering they have just sold thier white hourse insureance and the sale and leaseback of loads of ther aircraft, i reckon they will pull themselves back to together in the next few years.

they have also increased there order from 6 A321 with winglets to 12, i think they will have to pull out the stops for there interior on them though, as there 757's is absolutely herrendous.
This post was edited on Wednesday 1st August, 2012 at 18:30 GMT
As things stand Jet2's will defiantly need a requirement of up 6x Boeing 737-800's next summer with 2x aircraft each based at Manchester, Glasgow and Leeds for next summer. We know this as they have already been loaded into the system.

I hear that there could up to 8x new B737-800's aircraft been delivered to the airline over the next 6 to 18 months with the first 4x aircraft due over the coming winter 2012/13 season. 2x of these aircraft as already pointed out are heading to Leeds while the 3rd and 4th are to replace the 2x leased Allegiant Boeing 757-200's G-LSAL & M which are both returning to the USA at the end of this summer.

I would then expect the reaming 4x aircraft will be delivered over the summer 2013 season with the first heading to Manchester to replace the leased Strategic Airlines, Airbus A320. As to where the other 3 aircraft go is anyone's guess at this moment in time?
I hope Thomas Cook serve for a long time yet, I mean come on, 170 years of existence, if someone is heartless enough to let them go down the drain I dont know what the world is coming to. I hope they will return to what they used to be and that means x4 based aircraft at Newcastle again ;) preferably 4 757's. Does anyone have the info on route cuts, parked aircraft and Skiathos?

Regarding Jet2, is it possible that the 3 could be split, x2 Newcastle, x1 Edinburgh? Also is LS just going to keep expanding or will they start phasing out their 733's soon, I hope they dont, I dont know what they're going to do about replacing the 733QC's though, 737 700QC?

I dont know what they're going to do about replacing the 733QC's though, 737 700QC?

when someone does a conversion package for them I expect they will be a possibility. The value of the 73G isn't too great compared to the 738, which has similar operating costs and more seating to earn money with.

It would be based on the 757 conversion which is already successful, with at least three certified conversions out there. A QC version isn't much different, it just retains cabin fitments with locking seat plates and all windows. LS really needs someone to start the ball rolling. There are some factory built 73Gs with cargo doors out there but they are rare compared to the 733QC.
hmm, I can see LS getting a few 737's to replace the 733's because not all of their routes warrant a 738, either that or an A319 big grin haha. Loads of people I've spoken too say that they'll get the BA 76's.
Depends too on whether they retain the Royal Mail contract when it comes due. After today's ATOS scandal (don't get me going on that cos it's way OT) the Government are all absolute tossers and won't award contracts to those best placed to do the job.

There is another option, the A320P2F conversion. That's not any time soon though. Late model 733s with the upgrade kits can possibly soldier on happily for another 10-15 years after all, like those 732s in Canada. Nothing better to do the job.
This post was edited on Friday 3rd August, 2012 at 01:11 GMT
Yeah, personally and I think I'm one of the only people who think this, but I want to see all of Jet2's 733's and 752's soldier on for many many more years to come. I agree completely with what you're saying about the QC's, sometimes as you say there is nothing better to do the job, why else would Buffalo still be using DC3's and DC4's, even the C46 for god's sake!!!

Finally, someone who agrees with me about the government, when does the royal mail contract run out? Is it just LS that runs it? I'm sure someone else, maybe TNT has a Royal Mail liveried 733F.

I'll PM you about the ATOS scandal, havn't heard about it.
does anyone know why our tcx paphos flight is delay till 16.50 and why our tcx palma flight is divertin to manchester

james
I'm gonna suggest the divert is down to the current weather although still had a few departures in the last half hour.
Well it looks like the Leeds-Bradford based Airbus A320, G-DHJZ has just been positioned empty up to Newcastle as TCX618P to help out.

In the meantime they shift the problem to Leeds. As the aircraft was due to operate to Tenerife this afternoon and so the passengers are all checked in and have no where to go as there is no aircraft.
MartinJW12 the Royal Mail contract which Jet2 operate along with Titan Airways using the Boeing 737-300QC's runs out next year 2013. The tendering process is already open for the next new contract which starts in 2014, I understand that Jet2 have submitted a bid for the work..
My brother arrived from Rhodes this morning on a TCX A320/757, they had to go around twice before landing, he said it was terrifying, severe turbulence, this was around 8:15 this morning Iv guessed

Tony
Does anyone know of a website or if its possible to find out which aircraft is scheduled on a certain route.

im on a TCX A330 next month and was wondering if its possible to find the reg of the aircraft will be doing it.
G-KKAZ went tech last night in Paphos, delayed from 00:25 until around 18:40. Our Palma flight operated from Manchester, ie via coaches, hence the diverted message. G-DHJZ arrived to operate the slightly delayed Kefalonia flight, and G-KKAZ then headed back down to I believe Manchester at about 19:30, strangely not retracting the undercarriage. Hope this helps.
This summer isnt going well at all is it?

I hope LS gets the contract.
Well it looks like the ex NCL based A320 G-KKAZ has now replaced G-DHJZ as the LBA based aircraft.
This post was edited on Monday 6th August, 2012 at 19:05 GMT
Quote Quoting ServisairNCL, 58993">previous post

Does anyone know of a website or if its possible to find out which aircraft is scheduled on a certain route.

im on a TCX A330 next month and was wondering if its possible to find the reg of the aircraft will be doing it.

Try data.flight24.com it can give a good idea.

Quote Quoting lbaspotter, from a previous post

The tendering process is already open for the next new contract which starts in 2014, I understand that Jet2 have submitted a bid for the work..

Will any other airlines other than Jet2 and Titan bid for the contract. I doubt UPS or DHL will but what about Air Contractors???

Regards
Callum happyhappybig grinconfusedtongue out rolling eyeslaughing
seems to be g-lsan jet2's new 757 is coming into newcastle now skuawking 7700 some fun happy
Whats Wrong with it anyone?

and Jet2 G-LSAH as just made an emergency landing in TFS? anyone know why? i was on G-LSAH last year
Just watched G-LSAN fly past after seeing the 7700 code. Should be interesting to find out whats up.
Strange flight for LSAN, departed Southend, headed North, circuits off coast of Edinburgh then heads for NCL with 7700.
Substantial fuel leak apparantly
This post was edited on Tuesday 7th August, 2012 at 17:33 GMT
What about the tenerife one? G-LSAH?
I dont know but I have a video of G-LSAH taking off from Leeds at half nine this morning heading for Tenerife. Must have been some sort of flap/landing gear/landing system fault otherwise it wouldnt have landed at its destination airport, it would have diverted.

Bad news about G-LSAN, hope it doesnt turn into another G-GDFH :/

Anyone know when AN is due out.
G-LSAH did land at Tenerife, it declared an emergency just after take from TFS bound back for Leeds
This post was edited on Tuesday 7th August, 2012 at 23:21 GMT
EDIT: Just looked on fr24 and by the looks of it it must have been some sort of decompression problem, he descended 6,800ft in 2 minutes and then it had descended 10,300ft in 4 minutes.
g-eupd british airways dove landed 5-10 minutes ago
Air Transat provided the latest in a long line of major tech issues last night with yesterday's 12:05 not leaving until 10:40 this morning. The a/c suffered some sort of failure (sorry I can't be more precise) and spent the night parked on stand 17 with buckets under the right wing catching fuel that started to leak out. We also had 2 Fokkers on the ground at once this morning, with F70 PH-KZR diverting in from Teesside and F100 PH-OFM covering our own flight due to a tech E190.
does anybody know if g-lsan is still up or has it left for lba
i seen that air transat flight when i got home from cyprus on tcx6109, I wondered why there was buckets under the wing!, they kept us on a plane 1 hour after landing because the airbridge was broken, then a man took a panic attack and started running down the plane, the aircraft was starting to get to warm and people crying. couldn't get any worse!
G-LSAN went back to Southend following the fuel problem.
Jet2 B737 300WL G-GDFL ex Brussels Airlines due in at 15:00 from Southend. Will spend the night on stand 23.
Just found out that when AN had its fuel leak the RVI, QE, N. Tyneside, S. Tyneside and that one which begins with a W that I can't remember the name of all had to go on alert. No offence to the fact that something could have happened and that the pilots could of got hurt, although the landing was near perfect, but it seems a bit extreme. They would have known that the aircraft had a POB of 2 or 3 they could have just had the RVI and the QE on alert for that!
This post was edited on Wednesday 15th August, 2012 at 20:26 GMT
When aircraft have had bird strikes or Uncontained Failures, 5 hospitals havnt been on 'alert' so why would 5 be on alert for a fuel leak on an aircraft with potentially 3 people on? Just doesn't seem right.
Cant see why when it was a flight in from Southend with no passengers. Did notice a few aircraft holding over my house for about 20 mins after it landed. No real mention of it in the Jet2 thread other than its had a few other probs.

FYI - hospital begining W = Wansbeck
Just a thought but maybe with a fuel leak, the aircraft may actually run out of fuel completely and may not be able to land at all other than somewhere where there may be casualties on the ground. Just a thought. The emergency services do have set procedures for such a potential issue that is set in operation regardless of the numbers on board. Work on the principal that better be safe than sorry.
I understand your point Brian. However I wasn't saying no hospitals would be prepared i was just highlighting that having 5 hospitals sound a bit over exaggerated to me. Yeah there might be 1 on alert and one on Standby, or maybe even 2 on alert, but 5, really?
Not quite sure where this 'debate' about hospitals is going or, indeed, if it's actually adding anything to the thread. Perhaps now would be a good time to get back on topic.
happy
we had some nice ott yesterday we hade a sia 380, 2 lh380, 1 af 380 german air force a340, delta skyteam 767-400 and alot more rangin form lufthansa and united airlines
This post was edited on Sunday 19th August, 2012 at 13:07 GMT
Jet2's Newcastle based Boeing 757-200, G-LSAG went tech down route in Tenerife last night. 2x Leeds based Boeing 737-300's, G-CELD & G-GDFK has been sent down empty to pick up the stranded passengers and will return them back to the UK this afternoon.

Also the spare Boeing 757-200, G-LSAH was positioned from Leeds to Newcastle this morning as EXS041A to cover today's flying programme.
nice to see the Air Transat A310 today in the original livery and not the new hideous one

however more on topic - not long now before the EK 777 - I'd be amazed if there was somebody who isn't getting excited about this!
Quote Quoting phil1, from a previous post

however more on topic - not long now before the EK 777 - I'd be amazed if there was somebody who isn't getting excited about this!

Should be a nice short take off to watch too, currently the flight is wide open in both classes (50 spare seats on the outbound)
50 spare seats on a 400 seat plane from a "piddly little regional" thats good!!! big grin
Jet2's Newcastle based Boeing 737-300WL, G-GDFL has gone tech down route this evening after operating the EXS547 service to Pisa-Florence

The good news is that Leeds-Bradford based Boeing 737-300, G-CELU will be covering its duties. As its just positioned out empty to Pisa as EXS047A to pick up the stranded EXS458 pax, So bring them back to Newcastle over night.
Theres been loads of Jet2's going tech latley, wonder when the penny is going to drop for them that there aircraft are getting on.
Quote Quoting ServisairNCL, from a previous post

Theres been loads of Jet2's going tech latley, wonder when the penny is going to drop for them that there aircraft are getting on.

As I've said elsewhere on P-M, it strikes me that Jet2 seem to lead something of a charmed life when it comes to adverse publicity. If it was Ryanair planes going tech and/or they were bussing passengers 'over the hill' on a regular basis, the world and his dog would be laying into them from every conceivable direction.
My video and images i took of the emergency landing ( i postsed video in last thread) has a full page spread in the chronicle news paper today .
Ryanair wouldnt do that Baltimore, they'd just fly the tech planes to save money on repairs ;)
More Jet2 tech issues again from yesterday and into today, resulting in a fleet meeting of new machines. Yesterday's Dubrovnik is due in later this afternoon using G-GDFL, Toulouse is delayed and being covered by G-GDFG and G-GDFH is covering Malaga. Any reg collectors get your skates on!
Lufthansa have confirmed that they are halving capacity on the Dusseldorf route for the winter season, down from 12 weekly to 6 weekly. Only the teatime flights remain using CRJ900's.
well at least they're keeping the larger option anyway. I suppose it was to be expected.

Also I dont want to get into a demand argument but what do you think the chances are of a NCL-Milan route? I've just been on LBA-BGY-LBA and there were more geordies/mackems etc on the flight than there were Italians and Yorkshite people and I found it quite amazing.

Thanks anyway
Martin
I've never seen a mackem in Milan!! tongue out

It was on the NCL Twitter page a few months back that its a route they are keen to get again and they are working to restart it, down to the airlines now.
Movement to watch for October.
17/10 Jettime B737 300 11:45 from Oslo Gardermoen, out 18/10 at 16:00.
Some further rumors going around at work regarding our based fleets for next summer.
Thomson basing 4 738's, with the 757's leaving at the end of the winter season.
Jet2 allegedly want up to 9 a/c now, 2x 733QC, 2x 733, 2x 738, and 2x 757, with the potential for another 757. These are just rumors of course and subject to change.
Hahaha, good one Trotsenstein. Milan is on the cards for next summer me thinks ;)

Thanks very much andywalker and I bloody well hope that is right about jet2 if that is true I will personally track Mr Phillip Meeson down and kiss him. I knew it wouldnt go straight to 4 738's though. Very very good news. What routes could people see for next year if it is true and how long do we have to wait in suspense???
Is anything expected to arrive for the football tomorrow from greece??
Quote Quoting azz767, from a previous post

Is anything expected to arrive for the football tomorrow from greece??

already arrived at 1 today
what was it?
Bulgaria Air 737 300
Hopefully Newcastle will qualify for Europe tonight and we might see some interesting visitors, although I doubt on the same scale as a few years back when they played in the Champions League.
yeah, this is the only time I've actually beein interested in football big grin

Anyone up on Saturday?
Sorry all, just noticed on my post 59 on here, I've made a typo on the word Yorkshire and its too late to edit it now.

Once again, very sorry.
Just read all Augusts posts, and no mention of an Emirates 777 on 1st Sept. Not happening or what ??
The Fuhrer Returns, Keep your eyes peeled Gentlemen.
Evening Gentlemen, few things i have that may interest you.

1) i have it on good authority from a contact in DXB that we are expecting September the 1st 777 flight to be operated by a 3 class A330 instead, reasoning at the minute cant be released, however i will post more as i have it. This could happen for the first few days of september also.

2) expecting the arrival of a USAF C-130 tomorrow, ETA is around 11:30 i think, for some circuit training, the aircraft in question did an overshoot earlier tonight and will return for a period tomorrow.

Regards
Stan
Hi stan, why exactly would they DECREASE the amount of seats on the flight that was meant to be a 200 seat INCREASE.

You are aware that the 777 was never going to sell F, so if they were going to, why introduce a 3 class A330 after 5 years of 2 class A330's in and out every day (give or take as occasionally 3 class A330's popped up, personally I alone flew NCL-DXB in first for free, arent I lucky)

I hope the C130 is true however, no offence intended, I do not believe your news about the 777 for 1 second.

Welcome back tom.
Hmmm stans first post . Firstly , 777 still listed on the emirates website , Newcastle airport website and their twitter . So wherever you got that information from is untrue
Mr MartinJW12

As mentioned this comes from a contact over at DXB flight ops. 2 class A332s have been booked for other routes, with 2 in the process of being returned to the lessor. Only available Sub is a 3 class A332 unless a 772/3 becomes available which isn't likely. My friend expects this to surface online hopefully today, which will clarify my point on the previous posting

And yes I am aware of the EK route goings On, more so than you are due to my work in the aviation sector.

Regards
Stan
Infact this can't be true . I remember reading that they have less than 50 seats left so if what you say is true it would need 2 a330
yep, world rep reply 50. So theres going to be 150 unhappy people sitting at Newcastle airport on Saturday then because they cant get on the plane. A380 perhaps?

They simply can not, categorically not change the aircraft type without mechanical reasoning (i.e tech aircraft) with 1 days notice... You may be in the aviation sector and know more than me however if that is true I would expect you to know this very fact.
Newcastle can't fit an a380 . Here's what's gonna happen . We are either getting an a330 . We can't have 150 people left there so it has to be a a330 or a b747
as we discussed, it could handle an A380, if it was given care and attention whilst taxiing. They dont have any 747's so really its 777 or dud.
If people read posts properly it is highlighted that a 772 may also be a possibility

Stan
Also NCL can NOT handle A380s
yeah I saw but the point is there isnt enough seats and with a non er 300 there may be performance issues especially with a hill at the end of 25.
I agree about a380 but why does it mater if it's a 772 it's still a 777
Performance is not an issue with a 772. They have sufficient range and thrust for 8 hour flights from runways of NCLs size
yeah but a 772 has the same amount of seats as the A330!!!

We COULD but DONT handle A380's.

I said performance is an issue with a non ER 773. The 772 should be just fine, but the 77W is the best option for performance and on a less important level, passenger service etc.
Look right firstly time will tell wont it . Secondly Martin you should know this isnt true as it would be on neam before this . Thirdly stan has showed no evidence . Fourthly , it's been announced for so long .

So stop bickering and just wait
NCL can NOT handle A380s due to the following
-Incorrect separation distance between wingtip/s and airport buildings
-blockage of taxiways If parked on stands
-incorrect boarding/de-boarding equipment at Gates
-incorrect fire category.

All these and more prevent A380s from using NCL
Oooh, cant wait for those beautiful GE90's roaring into NCL on Saturday can you Aaron ;)
Can't wait Absolutly excited ! Just gonna sit there with a sarnie watching a 777 go over
Well stan most of those can be fixed relatively easily. Anyway I'm leaving it before you and your unjustified rumours get us all in trouble so I'm going to and get all excited for the 77W on saturday, as is Aaron.
They will soon be justified. You just keep saying that NCL can handle A380s when they can't, becaue that's not a bad as 'rumours' is it? Pot calling the kettle
I think Mr MartinJW12
Thats nice
Bear in mind, most of those can't and won't be fixed easily. Do some 'revision' young chap. NCL will probably never take a 380.
According to NCL Twitter, they are still planning on welcoming the 777 tomorrow.

Martin - NCL had to do a lot of work just on the runway a few years back just to get the An-124 in so I cant see them investing loads on the terminal and parking to fit an occasional A380.
shall we wait and see what turns up!
[quote=G-7RGQ,Just read all Augusts posts, and no mention of an Emirates 777 on 1st Sept. Not happening or what ?[/quote]

Post 72 - 97 ---- I'll take that as a "Don't Know" then
It is happening, NCL are making a pretty big deal out of it.

Has anyone seen and entered the EK/NCL photo competition?
This post was edited on Friday 31st August, 2012 at 12:31 GMT
Photo competition???? No???

Are they making a big deal out of it? Or will the big deal be when it arrives?

Anyway without causing offence it does seem like Stan is one of those people who like to make accounts on plane-mad every few months and stir things up a bit. I only say this because he is the only person on the website saying its an A330, he cannot provide any evidence as to why its an A330, there has been no press release saying it has been delayed a few weeks, the emirates website still states 777 300ER and the sheer scale of disruption this would cause in Newcastle and Dubai would be catastrophic.

How can you replace a 278 seat aircraft (J27 Y251) with a 225 seat aircraft (F12 (not for sale, closed off) J42 Y183) when it was supposed to be replaced by a 437/442 seat aircraft (J42 Y395/J42 Y400). Now, if it is true about the 50 seats being available, then they have a problem, because with the 437 seater they need 387 seats and with the 442 they need 392 seats and if you take a look at this here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emirates_(airline)

This shows that the only aircraft up to the job would be an A380. However we dont know why the 777 cant come because stan wont tell us so yes I agree with brian. We'll wait and see.
News I have Recieved states that it's likely a 200 could show tomorrow with any passengers effect booked onto Monday's 300ER which has enough seats left, although some passengers on tomorrows flight are connecting around the UK so they may be sent to there final destination on another flight.
Thats wrong, just let me point out... on the Newcastle Airport Facebook page just ONE hour ago, NCL airport posted the following

"For this week's Friday historical photo we're only going back five years, to 1st September 2007. This was the arrival of the Emirates A330 and the start of the first long haul scheduled route from Newcastle Airport.
Tomorrow the route will be upgraded to a Boeing 777-300ER, and maybe we'll welcome the new aircraft with a fire engine honour guard in the same way we did in 2007..."

does that answear your questions :/
Happy days! And there was me thinking that the NCL Forum had settled down again! C'mon guys, just wait and see what turns up tomorrow. All will then be revealed and it will be readily apparent whether StanTheMan's information was correct or not, as the case may be!

Site Moderator
Competition is for a pic of the A330 taken between 01/08/12 - 31/08/1 and one of the 777 between 01/09/12 - 30/09/12. Entry can be via their Twitter or Facebook page.
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: