Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic Newcastle Airport Forum | Into September at NCL

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 99 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
Please continue here. Last thread hit the high numbers. Usual rules apply.
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
Thanks Baltimore.

RE the last thread, thanks trotsenstein I hadnt realised. Too bad I dont have twitter sad

Anyhoo, I'm standing by the fact that tomorrow will be a 777 300ER.
Just to let you all know it's not worth entering the Emirates competition, I do plenty of work for them at the Emirates Durham International Cricket Ground, so I'll more than likely win due to me being a highly qualified sports photographer. Also the B772 for tomorrow will be A6-EMG just asked the promotional team who contacted ops.
Yeah right, ok you've proved your point. I'm sure people will decide for themselves what is worth entering or not and even if it isnt worth it they might just do it for fun.

If your so sure its not a 777 300ER tomorrow, can you please at least tell us WHY!?!? they cant operate the 77W on the flight? Hmm?
MartinJW12

Unfortunately the guy in DXB does not want that posted on 'spotting' forums for operational reasons etc (they Are'nt supposed to, and Are'nt obliged to)
Although I know the reason I can't post it on here sorry about that in advance, airport staff have not been told about this and may not know until they actually open the flight plan. In other news watch for it being downgraded in future months.
i bet you anything its a 777-300ER that turns up tommorow, it would have been anounced if it were to be anything else, and considering NCL airport has been talking about it today on twitter and there FB page speaks for itself really laughing

and as i stated in the previous thread, NCL are deciding weather to welcome the aircraft with the fire engine honour gaurd.... just read this please!

http://https://www.facebook.com/#!/nclairport" target="_blank">][/link]

i mean that ^
Who is going up for the 777 tomorrow?
Ok please clear this up. Is tomorrow's EK35 being operated by a 3 class A330 or Boeing 777-200?
tomorrow will be a 777-300ER end off.
This whole 'discussion' is going round in ever-decreasing circles so fast that it's about to disappear up its own orifice! As I said before, wait and see what type of aircraft turns up tomorrow. It will then be readily apparent who was telling the truth.

I was seriously thinking about opening up the NCL Forum so that people could start separate threads covering NVR, movements, dots and sots, etc., but, after today's little ruckus, the status quo will now continue for the forseeable future.
I'm going to leave this until it gets fixed.

Also Servisair NCL, I'll be at 25, the one standing on top of the car, if you're there, say hi but introduce yourself as your username tongue out
im not there tomorrow, the 777 will be thier everday so im in no rush, i have things to do tomorrow, but thanks anway
Aye right, I'm sure you'll enjoy it another day. I remember the one diverted from glasgow and the 75th anniversary one big grin
Newcastle United's upcoming games:
20/9 away at CS Maritimo (Madeira)
4/10 at home to FC Bordeaux
25/10 at home to Club Brugge
8/11 away at Club Brugge
22/11 at home to CS Maritimo
6/12 away at FC Bordeaux
Any news of movements will be posted.
Thanks very much, hoping for something.
I would like to gladly announce to stan that todays emirates flight is operated by a 777-300ER reg ; A6-ECZ
Too bad I've already logged it in Dubai, but.... WHO CARES
Ah a very good bit of luck there gentlemen. Charlie Zulu was meant to be operating elsewhere but was a last minute replacement!
A6-ECZ is confirmed. thanks flightradar. sadly I won't be their today but i shall see it another time. Long live the 777 big grin
Okay guys, the 777 vs. 330 'debate' ends here. Any further posts on the subject will be deleted and the individual(s) responsible banned. By all means, celebrate the arrival of the 777, but do the rest of us a favour and play nicely - pretty please!
Saw it's arrival from the 16th fairway at Whickham and even at that distance it looks huge!!
Saw it from the perimeter road, WHAT A BIG BAD IT IS.

It will always be welcome at Newcastle and is an acceptable replacement for the A330. Hopefully one day they'll introduce first class and we might get a lounge big grin
Saw It Takeoff... Really nice aircraft.
I was standing on B6323 and its big
It needs more than one flight a day to justify a lounge. First isn't the qualifying factor, as business class is the bigger seller.

If numbers build sufficiently and it is split into two a day on the A350 then maybe EK would look at it. The days of the A330 are numbered as Emirates have a hefty A350 order in the next five years or so
oh right, thanks whitehatter. In the next 5 years I could see 10 weekly 77W and maybe something like A345 and then in 5-10 years being split 2 daily A359.
Please god Tell me you Are not being serious young man. Passenger numbers are barely sufficient for a daily 777, let alone a 10 times weekly flight. It's all about CARGO! And as for the A345, dream on. They get retired in the next 12 months. And A359? Again dream on. Any Chance of a A350 is slim, and if by chance it does get out on the flight, NOT in the Next 5 years, it will more than likely be the A3510.
Well I would probably guess we will get the A359 because the A3510 isnt being delivered until 2020 onwards or something. Anyway theres no point arguing because nobody knows right now.
Doesn't matter if the A359 gets delivered before. All it means is its a longer wait until the A3510 takes over. Either way NCL will never go above a daily flight
Polite reminder - please let debates remain friendly.
Okay, so here we are, yet again, arguing about hypothetical situations. Why, oh why, can't you people learn to get along and stop knocking lumps out of one another?
Baltimore, can I ask why do you insist on getting involved?
Quote Quoting NortheastPress, from a previous post

Baltimore, can I ask why do you insist on getting involved?

Because I 'own' the site, I'm one of the site moderators...and because I can! Is there anything else you'd like to know?
Leave them to it, being like that isn't going to get you respect. Are you NCL based?

being like that isn't going to get you respect.

I'm not in the slightest bit worried about gaining people's respect. I just want to make sure that the NCL Forum doesn't get out of hand and descend into anarchy like it did once before. P-M's credibility suffered as a result and I am not prepared to let that happen again. If people are polite and respectful to one another when it comes to putting their point across, I am more than happy to leave them to their own devices. If, however, they choose to pick a fight with one another and/or use foul, threatening or abusive language, I will intervene and, if necessary, ban those concerned.

Are you NCL based?

No, LTN is my 'local' airport.
Did anyone get any pics/vids of the VC10 formation flypast (Thur or Fri - not sure). I've only read small details of their visit, and although it appears they didnt fly directly over NCL (I may be wrong) they were in the area.

Cheers
Unfortunately I was watching the bourne legacy and missed it, from what I've heard they overflew the airport. I'm sure if you're patient someone will have some pictures, I just wish I'd been out and about in the area they overflew at the time. Magicninja's your man if you want to know where they overflew.

I can't see planemad lasting much longer unfortunately if people continue to post tosh

Too ignorant to even get the name of the doomed site right! You'd be surprised to learn how far this site has travelled in the last several months - it's been a tough time. We'll be here long after the likes of you have come and gone.
Gentlemen
Reply #34 states play nicely. Surely moderators should follow this rule also am I right?
NortheastPress, yes, for example places like like pprune.

Hope I dont appear to be taking matters into my own hands, however, yes stan, it does state that, however it's a two way system, the mods will "play nicely" if we all "play nicely" believe me I know.

Anyhoo, was it mentioned before all of the kerfuffle happened that Thomson will revert to 3 based 737 800's next year with no more 757's? Apologies if it didnt arise on plane-mad however I'm sure it did.

Thanks guys
Martin
StanTheMan and NortheastPress, I have come to the conclusion that you are what can best be described as a pair of 'wind up merchants'. Your posts are invariably provocative and add little or nothing to the debate. Both of you are, therefore, banned from P-M with immediate effect.
Quote Quoting Trotsenstein, from a previous post

Did anyone get any pics/vids of the VC10 formation flypast (Thur or Fri - not sure). I've only read small details of their visit, and although it appears they didnt fly directly over NCL (I may be wrong) they were in the area.

Cheers

http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=65262
Quote Quoting MartinJW12, from a previous post

Anyhoo, was it mentioned before all of the kerfuffle happened that Thomson will revert to 3 based 737 800's next year with no more 757's? Apologies if it didnt arise on plane-mad however I'm sure it did.

TOM are planning on a change to 738s almost everywhere. The BYA* group have been flogged off with the exception of late deliveries and wingletted models, and eventually it should settle as a few for jobs they need the 757 for.

The 738 fleet is also getting turned over. Brand new models, factory fresh with improved performance and Sky interiors being delivered to replace older less capable models. So whilst it may look like a capacity downgrade, it's a product upgrade as the new 737s are a nice place to sit and travel in.
Newcastle based Jet2 Boeing 757-200, G-LSAG went tech down route in Tenerife again last night.

Leeds based Boeing 757-200WL, G-LSAN has positioned out empty this morning as EXS041A to pick the stranded pax and bring them back to Newcastle later today. Meanwhile Leeds based Boeing 737-300, G-GDFH was again sent up to Newcastle this morning as EXS043A to cover some of today's flying duties.
Thanks lbaspotter, do you know what the problem is?

Thanks as well, whitehatter, I would have thought that they might have gone for 739ER's as they have quite decent range and carry more pax. Obviously not a large order, maybe 5-10 of them to replace the 75's when they go. Oh well, I suppose this is to get used to. This time next year we'll probably be saying the same thing about Jet2. Then they year after Thomas cook with their A321's.

And another thanks, to Baltimore for sorting them out.

And another thanks, to Baltimore for sorting them out.

Okay guys, let's put this little 'episode' behind us and make certain that we get the NCL Forum back on an even keel ASAP.
This post was edited on Monday 3rd September, 2012 at 01:10 GMT
morning all

are we aware of Jet2's plans for Newcastle in summer season 2013?

Reports of more based aircraft are continuing to circulating increasingly i here from a few folk i know

Regards
Bill
Hello, I have been viewing this forum for a few weeks you know, and I find the behavior of some individuals very poor, so I registered when they were deleted, however, I have logged on to say hello, but I have information regarding some South African Flights into Newcastle for a cricket match in the North East next weekend. Would you want to hear about them? Or no use to this group?
Quote Quoting Albie Morkel, from a previous post

Hello, I have been viewing this forum for a few weeks you know, and I find the behavior of some individuals very poor, so I registered when they were deleted, however, I have logged on to say hello, but I have information regarding some South African Flights into Newcastle for a cricket match in the North East next weekend. Would you want to hear about them? Or no use to this group?

hell yeah we would like to know !

Thanks as well, whitehatter, I would have thought that they might have gone for 739ER's as they have quite decent range and carry more pa

the 739ER isn't exactly ideal. It's more a plane that US carriers can exploit for various reasons as it makes two class usage easier. In Euro charter configuration the CASM can actually be higher than a 738 as it needs additional attendants and emergency exits.

There is also the question of less range and longer runway requirements. For instance getting a 739ER out of Sharm on a hot day with a full load would not be for a faint hearted pilot. For TOM the 738 is the sweet spot aircraft. That's why the only charter models we saw over here were XL Airways ones and even they didn't exactly stray far from home. At that end of the scale the A321 is the better aircraft as it has more thrust, hence charter airlines use it out of places like SSH.
Ah right, although I bet there are a few pilots who would like to have a go (I know I would). I find US carries to be strange, simply strange, especially in the last few years with CRJ200's and Dash 8's operating alongside 757's and 767's on the same routes and replacing aircraft with, for the most part unsuitable aircraft.

I just dont get how US airlines make a profit.... Then again I dont think many do in reality.
Seems as though due to the ever increasing technical issues with 757s, Jet2 are speeding up the deliveries of 737-800s. It it expected that the next 2 will be in service in the next 2 months, with the following 1 airframe due in mid-december, which is due to be based at NCL.
The list I have is:

ZS-SXZ South African Airways flight 13ND - Spectators from all main SA cities, Joburg, Cape Town etc.

Then a ZAP 146 bringing the team from BHX

Albie
This post was edited on Monday 3rd September, 2012 at 23:14 GMT
Seen the movements Page.. Can't wait for they all to come here!
Sorry Albie, could you make that a little bit clearer please, date, time (if available) and is this coming into Newcastle? Also regarding the 146, I'm guessing the team is based in Birmingham.

Yeah, I was going to say, it appears that our movements page has been attacked by the trolls again unfortunately.
Ahh well, I'm stupid for believing them.. happy
All I can say is the 9th, be early morning I would imagine, and yes they play the final match at Nottingham sorry so it may be EMA

Albie
Well been told today that Jet2 will not be sending any of the 4x additional Boeing 737-800's up to the Newcastle base next summer 2013 season, But it is possible that one of the 3x additional Boeing 737-300's could be heading up to the Newcastle base next year..

I know that of the 3x of the Boeing 737-800's aircraft had already been allocated as follows: 2x Leeds and 1x Manchester (Replacement for Strategic Airlines A320). The 4th aircraft is now said to be heading up to Edinburgh so to allow the opening of longer range routes to the Canaries and Greece...
thanks lbaspotter, bit disappointing but never mind. I have always wondered, why dont Jet2 send a 757 to Edinburgh? But obviously they will be using the 738 instead.

There arent anymore 757's in the pipeline are there?

Thanks
This post was edited on Tuesday 4th September, 2012 at 18:03 GMT
Hi MartinJW12
Jet2 have no plans at the minute to add to the Boeing 757-200 fleet, even though the 2x leased aircraft G-LSAL & G-LSAM will be off back to there respective owner Allegiant in the USA in 2 months time.
Ah right, perhaps we might see some Thomson ones emigrate over the winter???
does anyone know what fleet of aircraft Thomas Cook are planning to base at NCL for summer 2013?

would be great to get all four 757's back again, although i have a feeling its going to be the same as this year.
Quote Quoting ServisairNCL, from a previous post

would be great to get all four 757's back again, although i have a feeling its going to be the same as this year.

Not Going to happen.. Apparently we're loosing all based 757's and Gaining A320's.
Where did you get that from Tom? Just interested thats all.

I doubt it though, we need at lease and I mean AT LEAST 1 757 because TCX would be committing suicide trying All A320 in my opinion simply because routes such as Tenerife, Lanzarote, Sharm etc which all easily fill 75's on TOM, LS and TCX from NCL simultaneously, although TOM is going to all 738's I think, especially with the Canaries TCX would be sacrificing themself to TOM and LS because TOM already has higher frequencies on most routes and TCX would not be able to increase frequencies even with 4 A320's, theres also the question of Skiathos, yeah I know, 1 weekly summer flight, but NCL is the longest route out of Skiathos and they need to operate a 757 on that route because the 757 is the only aircraft that can make it back to the UK non stop, A32x's and 738's etc all have to stop somewhere on the return flight, usually Thessaloniki.

Anyway, TCX can do what they like but I think that making us all A320, or even 3 A320, 1 757 would be a bit of a disgrace, after all we've had at least 2 757's based here as long as I can remember, even all the way back to JMC I think we had 2 757's.

I'm sure we'll find out in the next few months. Personally I'd like to see 2 757, 1 A320, 1 A321. or 3 757, 1 A320 or 3 757, 1 A321 or 4 757s.
Quote Quoting Baltimore, from a previous post

Okay, so here we are, yet again, arguing about hypothetical situations. Why, oh why, can't you people learn to get along and stop knocking lumps out of one another?

Theer are certain members that will put pay to that, they just cant seem to get along

Quote Quoting Trotsenstein, from a previous post

Cheers

I saw this from Scotswood road and they were low!

Ah right, although I bet there are a few pilots who would like to have a go (I know I would)

yeah and I'm sure the 180 people behind you would love it as well
This post was edited on Tuesday 4th September, 2012 at 23:48 GMT
MartinJW12

The oldest 757s are being retired from 2013, with all of NCLs falling into that category. They will be replaced by 12 A321s, so NCL looks to be going to a 2x A321 and 2x A320 next year. As for Skiathos, it is only 1500nm between Skiathos and NCL, so that is well within the max range capability of the 73X and A32X series of aircraft, each with around 3000-3200 max range at full MTOW.
TCX are acquiring the latest A321s with sharklets attached which can do the full range of NCL services easily. Capacity wise it's a little less but product wise (seats and general interior ambience) it's going to be a major improvement so forget those tatty 757s.

If TCX gets through into the aftermath of this recession then expect the A321NEO to arrive as well. That's even more capable. 757s are great performers but look at the serial numbers of some of the TCX ones and you can see the full story, ageing planes coming to the end of their useful life.

The A321 might not fly quite as far but it weighs a lot less and burns a good bit less fuel, which helps the NCL operation's bottom line.
is TCX getting there new A321's in 2013 or 2014?
This post was edited on Wednesday 5th September, 2012 at 15:40 GMT
also aswell, Do we have 2 EZY a320's in? looking at flightstats for tomorrows easyjet schedule shows that an A320 is operating the flight to bristal at 7:05, and then an A320 is operating the malaga flight at 8:00?
Bill Jones, my point about skiathos is not the range, I'm fully aware they can make it from Newcastle to Egypt and back no problem, however above you're talking about MTOW, which at MTOW the A320 needs approximately 7,000ft to takeoff am I correct? Well, the runway length at Skiathos is 5,300ft with a realistic usable takeoff length of about 4,500ft or maybe even less, thus the 757 200 is the only aircraft that can routinely make the flight back to anywhere in the UK non stop.
How would an A320 be at MTOW in the first place between NCL and skiathos? it wouldnt be on a full tank of fuel on that route even with a 100% passenger load.
Yeah I know that too, but it's a fact that A320's and 737's stop, usually at Thessaloniki on the way back to the UK, whether it be Gatwick, Manchester or Newcastle. Aircraft like the A320 and 737 werent built to do 3-3 1/2 hour flights from 5,300ft runways. Neither was the 757 I know, but it does it much better.
You've been reading alot on wikipedia lad.

when TCX are planning which aircraft go to which base, im sure they will go through this like a fine comb.
Yeah I know, I was merely saying that without the 757, a stop will be necessary on the return flight. Also its not just from wikipedia it's mentioned on a few youtube videos "we had to stop in Thessaloniki on the way back."
Hello,

Is me again, rumours are doing the circuit back home, Nelson Mandela, the greatest South African to ever live giving us peace, is attending the cricket game on Saturday, so I would expect the man to have a charter flight, possibly into Tees side International or Newcastle.

Albie
Squawk 7700 emergency from Newcastle to heathrow G-EUXE

anyone know whats up?
Medical emergency I believe.

Medical emergency I believe.

Of what nature, Martin? Where's your info from mate please?
Can someone give me some detailed advice please regarding the 07 approach Bridlepath location (the one in the approach lights) After reading the guide on here and elsewhere I tried today finding it from the Callerton Park end without success. Nothing signposted on the roads for public footpath nor bridleway and I walked quite a way up. I am looking at the maps / street view now and can anyone confirm whether it is the entrance / gate immediately to the right of Low Luddick Cottages? That was my only option today but was signposted for works traffic.

Alternatively, I heard it comes out at the airport but exactly where is the other end of what I was looking for this morning?

Hoping to try again on Saturday.
hiya i will be up on saturday i will be next to the terminal if you can tell me the time u should be up i shall show u if you would like
Hi, Johansen, extremely reliable source in the form of a friend on facebook. Knows lots of people on the inside if you know what I mean ;)
This post was edited on Friday 7th September, 2012 at 00:21 GMT
Medical Emergency seems like the correct reason. No Mechanical Faults as far as i've heard from work
emirates 1000th 777 in today G-EGO
Quote Quoting ServisairNCL, from a previous post

G-EGO

Would that be A6-EGO?
Eastern Airways expands Newcastle's services to oil capital

Flights to Europe%u2019s leading oil centre, Aberdeen, are being expanded from Newcastle Airport with Eastern Airways introducing an even greater choice of flights to meet the needs of business travellers and the offshore industry.

The UK regional airline, which has consistently provided the north east with reliable services to Aberdeen from Newcastle since 2003, will increase weekday services from 4 to 5 flights a day from 1 October 2012. During the week a 50 seat Embraer 145 jet will also be introduced to peak flights.

Eastern Airways%u2019 additional flights will result in an extra 1,700 seats a month on the route. From Newcastle after the popular 6.45am departure for Aberdeen, there will be a new 8.30am departure northbound Monday to Wednesday along with 5pm and 7.10pm services leaving Newcastle Wednesday to Friday.
This post was edited on Friday 7th September, 2012 at 14:55 GMT
hi, I know its off topic but with regards to G-EGO mistake, I was wondering, does the registration HAVE to be 5 letters long? I know in the us it can be shorter and the old CCCP-XXXXXXXX ones from russia were much longer. Thanks for any help.

Martin

does the registration HAVE to be 5 letters long?

Well, on the basis that a Russian Yak-42 landed at Luton today with the registration RA-42330, I assume that the answer to your question is 'no'.
Look at American Regs, they have more than 5 letters
recieved an email earlier from work, stating the following:

-Air France will send an A321 in for the Great North Run on the late morning flight (exact times to be confirmed), possibility of further upgrades (E190s) on the other Air France flights.

-KLM will send in a 737-900 on the morning flght, with the possibility of another on the mid moriing slot, with further flights being on other 737 equipment up until the N/S E190

-Flybe will replace 1 dash 8 with a E190, with the possibility of another for the entire weekend.

-Possible charter due in around 0900, cant confirm who yet or on what equipment (not normally seen at NCL from what i here)

i am expectnig another email later on in the weekend also.
Zimbabwe is another example, their registrations (such as on the Avient MD11F) are in the format Z-XXX
This post was edited on Saturday 8th September, 2012 at 01:33 GMT
Yeah, I know, I mentioned that at the bottom, i.e I know there is B-*** in Hong Kong, but what I meant was UK registrations? Do they have to be 5 letters long?

NCLWorker, what day is all of this meant to be happening?

Thank you

P.S I can safely say that we're definately getting something for at least two of the football matches as the flights for Brugge and Bordeaux are on sale on thomascooksport.com and are advertised on the airport's website. I'm not sure about the Madeira game as there is nothing on sale and that is on the 20th of this month.
They may just use thomas cook AC
Should be the 15th september for the GNR weekend.

Charter flight is said to be a Euro Atlantic 767, with an Arrival of around 0920 on the 15th.
They wont use TCX aircraft, I will be very surprised if they do.

Interesting about the Euro Atlantic, is there football on on the saturday or something?
For the great north run i thought
This post was edited on Saturday 8th September, 2012 at 12:16 GMT
Quote Quoting azz767, from a previous post

For the great north run i thought

That is correct

And to not forget. Red arrows are due in that day
ladies and Gentlemen, this has developed into a serious issue that needs sorting, so please take note.

NCL have recieved MANY, and i mean many, emails, facebooks, tweets, letters etc about viewing areas over the summer period. Rumours, and thats all they are RUMOURS, have developed about the area situated adjutant to the new security extension being devleoped into a Viewing area. i can tell you at the moment in time that is NOT the case, and not a priority.

Staff members are tired of being almost dictated to about the fact they need to think more about spotters, when they actually don't, and its getting to a point where security will immediately remove spotters from around the terminal areas, I.E the car park area, Metro Bridge and areas close to Samson Aviation (that shouldnt be used anyway)

All spotters, please stop contacting the Airport and any social media sites connected to it about viewing areas, they will not be responded to and will lead to harsher security procedures if spotters continue to do so, thats the reality of it guys and girls.

thank you

(For MartinJW12, the Euro 767 is due for the Great North Run as far as i am aware)
@nclworker

About the euro 767. What time is depature ?
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: