Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic Newcastle Airport Forum | Into October at NCL

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 96 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
Please continue here. Last thread hit the high numbers. Usual rules apply.
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
Carried from thw last thread:

Baltimore, I asked because I am interested in the price at NCL as well as other airports and I cannot find anything on Google.

I also didnt because I remember an argument on one of the MAN threads about not creating other pointless threads however I have another question or two so I will make a thread in the Civil Aviation forum.

Thank you
Martin
Quote Quoting MartinJW12, from a previous post

Carried from thw last thread:

To be honest, I was rather hoping that you wouldn't (carry it forward). Ho, hum!

I cannot find anything on Google.

Well, you can't have tried very hard, because I Googled "price of avgas" and the first result was:
http://www.thehangar.co.uk/fuel/fuel.shtml (Online AVGAS Fuel Price Database).

There are times when I despair!
Thomas Cook are having problems again. A321 G-TCDA just airborne covering the delayed Bodrum, with further delays on the inbound W from Mahon.
vc 10 at newcastle 13.15 did a low pass then climbed away,my wife thought it was back around latter in the afternoon as she saw a grey aircraft [well thats a defenite then,it was probably a seagull]
Quote Quoting andywalker, from a previous post

Thomas Cook are having problems again. A321 G-TCDA just airborne covering the delayed Bodrum, with further delays on the inbound W from Mahon.

TCX are having much more severe problems elsewhere of late which may have a knock-on effect on services elsewhere. Their sole 763 left doing UK flights went bang and an A330 went tech somewhere hot, which means flights get split and planes get out of position.

October is a nightmare month in the industry, and the Hajj isn't helping matters. Stuff breaks down after the summer hammering and planes go in for service or out on leases as timetables change.
did i see an electra..air atlantique yesterday after dinner? think it was training..anyone?
New routes:

Magical Marrakech %u2013 3 night packages from £369 per person, return flights from £299. Travel dates: 19 - 22 April 2013

Awe-inspiring Iceland %u2013 3 night packages from £369 per person, return flights from £279. Travel dates: 26 %u2013 29 April 2013

Splendid St Petersburg %u2013 3 night packages, from £429 per person, including a full day city tour incorporating a guided visit to the Hermitage Museum. Travel dates: 3 - 6 May 2013
Quote Quoting magicninja, from a previous post

New routes:

Can these properly be described as 'new routes', especially bearing in mind that, as things stand at present, there is only one flight to/from each destination?
Also it appears to have been copied and pasted straight off. I knwo theres no rule against it although it would have been nice if magicninja could have typed out the aviation related information not just copy the Jet2 advert i.e:
Marrakech, depart NCL 19/4/13, return NCL 22/4/13.

Also, all of the flights, as far as I know will be operated by 737 300's
Flybe has published its timetable up to 14th July 2013, not many changes with Belfast City 12 wkly, Bergen 3 wkly, Exeter daily, Jersey 4 wkly, down from 5, Gatwick 19 wkly, Southampton 18 wkly
The one-offs are like the New York shopping trips Jet2 organise. It's just using up spare capacity to do unusual trips and the planes will normally be parked during the three days like the New York flights did at Newark.

They aren't that cheap either, for short breaks. I can see them doing well though as St Petersburg is supposed to be well worth a visit.
I wasnt sure they'd be able to park them up like that especially during the spring season. Then again, I suppose it is just after the school holidays but things are still starting to get busy, especially with those 733's. I was thinking perhaps EDI, LBA and NCL were timed so that one trip ends when another begins meaning that only one or two flights would have to stop out there or ferry back.
NEWS FLASH: G-EZGG EZY569 NEWCASTLE TO BRISTOL RETURNING TO NEWCASTLE SQUAWK 7700.

Just came over my house. Anyone know what's up? Pray tell.
Callum
Quote Quoting Sperwer, from a previous post

NEWS FLASH: G-EZGG EZY569 NEWCASTLE TO BRISTOL RETURNING TO NEWCASTLE SQUAWK 7700.

Just came over my house. Anyone know what's up? Pray tell.
Callum

Vibrations
What came in for the football today?
Vibrations?

Somebody's phone was ringing in the cabin?
One of the flight attendants was being a bit inappropriate?
The engines were vibrating? Which could be birdstrike, engine failure, explosion, fan blade detached etc etc etc...
The landing gear/landing gear doors were malfunctioning and therefore was causing vibrations? Something on the fuselage, wings or stabilisers was loose or had detached and was effecting airflow, thus creating vibrations?
The spoilers inadvertently deployed? That causes vibrations.

That one word answer can connote to so many different things, from the potentially fatal like an engine explosion or fan blade detatching, right down to the downright inappropriate. I really dont mean to be anal but I just want to highlight how much "vibrations" could possibly mean.

P.S you might actually want to credit your sources otherwise as far as I know, if you're caught you get banned by both. Just warning you.

That one word answer can connote to so many different things, from the potentially fatal like an engine explosion or fan blade detatching, right down to the downright inappropriate. I really dont mean to be anal but I just want to highlight how much "vibrations" could possibly mean.

Aircraft have vibration meters in the cockpit to sense if engines are running rough. That's the general usage of the term, engine related vibration going outside acceptable limits which could indicate a failure coming. Pilots often idle the engine and do the engine failure drill for that.

It could be fan related, bearings and seals wearing, literally anything that makes a hot and high pressure controlled explosion device go bang in a bad way. It could also be birdstrike causing fan damage (FR had one the other day in Estonia and lost a new 738 a few years back to it).
That 738 you refer to,is that the Ciampino one? Where due to that particular accident there is a black, clearly visible tarmac line down the existing bitumen (i.e white/cream in colour) runway where they had to patch it up?

So anyway, does anyone know what actually went wrong with Golf Golf?
G-EZGG hit what was reportedly an owl between 9000 and 10000ft which led to the shutdown of I believe engine number 2. Add this to the Tornado the other day which is still parked up and are getting quite a collection.
Also martin dont be a tool. I heard it on radio and all he said was vibrations when i turned it on. I cant see in the future I cant see why it caused it

dont be a tool

Take it easy! Yes, I know it works both ways, but two wrongs don't make a right, if you get my drift.
Quote Quoting Baltimore, from a previous post

Take it easy

Well if Martin does'nt have a go with me i wont have a go with him. i was just posting what i knew and it was right information. im not an engineer , i dont know what got sucked into the engine.

Well if Martin does'nt have a go with me i wont have a go with him.

Like I said, it works both ways and I accept that Martin should know better than to go round lighting the blue touch paper.

i was just posting what i knew and it was right information

...and I trust that you will continue to do so.
This post was edited on Friday 5th October, 2012 at 22:18 GMT

Somebody's phone was ringing in the cabin?
One of the flight attendants was being a bit inappropriate?
The engines were vibrating? Which could be birdstrike, engine failure, explosion, fan blade detached etc etc etc...
The landing gear/landing gear doors were malfunctioning and therefore was causing vibrations? Something on the fuselage, wings or stabilisers was loose or had detached and was effecting airflow, thus creating vibrations?
The spoilers inadvertently deployed? That causes vibrations.

P.S you might actually want to credit your sources otherwise as far as I know, if you're caught you get banned by both. Just warning you.

Pretty obnoxious, sarcastic and out of order post, Martin - well done!

Why not simply ask what the cause of said vibration was?
I was merely making a point that a simple one word answer could potentially yeild many different results.

I dont think I was being a tool, obnoxious or sarcastic and I certainly wasnt having a go at Aaron, I simply didnt agree with the one word answer. Had Aaron perhaps said "As far as I know, from what I picked up they had to divert back due to some sort of vibrations on the aircraft. Sorry that I cannot provide any more information" then none of this would have happened because Aaron would have stated what he knows and that he could not provide anymore information. Not just "vibrations"

Martin
Ok last post (as its off topic)

It doesnt mater if i said "As far as I know, from what I picked up they had to divert back due to some sort of vibrations on the aircraft." because it is still exactly what i said but the long way around. Yes i cant provide proof because i cant magically go back in time set up my radio and record it at the same time (which is also illegal i may add). However , i knew i was right ( i was listening to the radio at the time).

Theres no need to write a paragraph with so many different scenarios when i dont know what caused it and i dont think the pilots knew either, they didnt say what caused it. This is the reason people leave this forum, people provide correct information and then someone comes along and has a go at them. I dont have a go at you for asking about fuel prices when its not about newcastle.

Rant over.
Quote Quoting Baltimore, from a previous post

I accept that Martin should know better than to go round lighting the blue touch paper.

That's the owner of the site saying that, Martin - so to me, that means he feels that you have stepped out of line once again.

I dont think I was being a tool, obnoxious or sarcastic

Well I along with Baltimore, feel that you were out of order. You have to remember Martin, it's not all about how YOU feel when you are answering another members post, it's how the OTHER member/members will feel when reading a reply - and I'm sorry, but when you reply to an aircraft having to make an emergency landing due to 'vibrations' (which is a serious event) with "somebodys phone ringing in the cabin" ..... I can see why mj was miffed off a tad.

Theres no need to write a paragraph with so many different scenarios

Exactly. A more simple, "any idea's as to what caused the vibration?" would possibly have been a better choice of wording.

This is the reason people leave this forum

Absolutely correct unfortunately. Some members of p-m are given warning after warning about their behaviour and attitude on the site. Whilst I agree that one sarcastic comment may not be enough to make somebody leave, when the same member has a habit of upsetting other users, over time this can make up ones mind to go. NO members behaviour on p-m should be enough to make another member leave the site, end of.

So to summarise - 2 mods thought you were out of line. Please accept our decisions and comments mate, this job is hard enough as it is - and it's not like you haven't been here before. I have defended you to the hilt at times on here, but sometimes it is just impossible to do so. When these occasions occur, please don't argue with us, or more spicifically me - not sure why you didn't pull Baltimore for his 'blue touch paper' comment - please just accept the decisions of the team, keep calm and carry on.

Thanks, site mod.
I agree with magicninja,Johansen and others. I have gained a lot of useful info from some members of this forum regarding arrivals and departures of note, whats due in as the result of NUFC in europe etc etc and its a great shame that these people get hacked off by the comments made by some immature members who frankly would be better off on the CBeebies forum! I sincerely hope that this latest issue does not cause this forum to be suspended again when some of us actually benefit from the information given by members "in the know" We can all spend time writing about fantasy land and where we would like to fly to but frankly I for one can't be bothered to read the ramblings. Those that give help and useful info will know who they are and please continue. Those that persist in writing for the sake of it also know who they are and please desist!
Well said Brian, I haven't been on this week and only popped in to see if I had missed anthying especially with the French team and fans in midweek and instead I've wasted 15 minutes of my day reading the latest episode of "Martins Weekly"

Let's move on - anything of interest happened at NCL this week?

OTT the top movements were good Thu/Fri with most coming over at a relatively low 30,000 / 32,000 and at one point KLM A333 / B772 / MD11 in formation.
Quote Quoting Runway07, from a previous post

Let's move on - anything of interest happened at NCL this week?

ethiopian airlines 787 ET-AOQ passed through our airspace the other day from IAD to ADD. Think around midnight
Quick heads up for tomorrow's Emirates, evidence suggests that a 777 200LR will be used in place of the 300ER. Can't confirm this yet.
this weekends emirates b777 have both be both newish ac
for got saturdays a6-egy and todays a6-egw
Ethiopian 787 would have been a great spot on a rare journey North for that route. If you haven't seen it before check out "The Great Circle" which shows and explains routes around our planet and why we see some of the things overhead that we do.

http://www.gcmap.com/

(but get in quick because someone will pull us up for it not landing at NCL so not relevant to this thread)
Quote Quoting Runway07, from a previous post

(but get in quick because someone will pull us up for it not landing at NCL so not relevant to this thread)

Contrary to popular opinion, sarcasm is not the greatest form of wit...but I'll forgive you just this once!
happy
electra at Newcastle.. found my electra from last week.it was a P3 of the US navy crew training cant believe it!! did anyone else see it????
"An Easyjet Airbus A319-100, registration G-EZGG performing flight U2-569 from Newcastle,EN to Bristol,EN (UK) with 148 passengers and 6 crew, was climbing out of Newcastle's runway 25 when the aircraft flew through a flock of birds and ingested a number of birds into an engine (CFM56) prompting the crew to level off at FL110 and return to Newcastle for a safe landing on runway 25 about 15 minutes after departure. A replacement Airbus A319-100 registration G-EZGO reached Bristol with a delay of 4 hours."

Courtesy of the Aviation Herald.
Some football charters for next month's match against Brugge.
8/11 LS151C Jet2 B738 09:00 from GLA, out to Ostend as LS6331 at 10:00, returning the following day as LS6332 at 13:20, then out at 14:00 to MAN as LS152C. There will also be a Jet2 B733 and B752 as well. At present the only flight for the away game at Bordeaux is another Jet2 B752.
And for December:
2/12 MON213P 18:40 from Munich A320 to nightstop, out 3/12 as MON9214 to Munich at 13:55.
5/12 MON9215 from Munich at 20:25, out to Birmingham at 21:25 as MON215P
Thanks for the headsup on the footy flights - much appreciated news
Twitter stuff:

UK LCC @easyJet to add twice weekly link from @NCLairport to Jersey from 26MAR13
don't know if anyone else know but last night air Malta sent 9H-AEN A320 which is in there new livery i was up to photo it and it came in allot darker then usual https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=478603028826743&set=pb.444512202235826.-2207520000.1349889628&type=1&theater this link is linked to my page on Facebook which has a photo on it
sorry it didnt show up last time hopefully it does now
James, That's not exactly the best image of Air Malta's new livery but still Nice picture. In my opinion the old one looks better.
it was hittin 7pm tom so not good light its like a few liverys they look better in persom
Did I see correct yesterday with one of the CDG AF flights being done with one of the E-jets? One banked over my house on departure from runway 07 and first thing I noticed was how much higher it was compared to others that come over. The sun reflecting of the aircraft meant I couldnt get a proper look at the tail although the brief bits I saw looked like the AF colours. Defo not KLM.

A few minutes after that Cargolux B748 went overhead. Love the wing shape on those.
Quote Quoting Trotsenstein, from a previous post

Did I see correct yesterday with one of the CDG AF flights being done with one of the E-jets? One banked over my house on departure from runway 07 and first thing I noticed was how much higher it was compared to others that come over. The sun reflecting of the aircraft meant I couldnt get a proper look at the tail although the brief bits I saw looked like the AF colours. Defo not KLM.

You are correct. AF E series aircraft
HZ-101 B73B Royal Saudi Air Force just landed at 19:20
This post was edited on Tuesday 16th October, 2012 at 22:24 GMT
Great news thanks,

does anyone know if ryanair would consider opening a base here, i supose they may have done it by now of they were going to but just wondering?

and monarch is back next year, thank god!
2 british airways a321's tonight????
i'm assuming delays because of the fog this morning
is anybody up to see the jetfly tommorow arrives around 3pm
In case it's of interest to anyone, it would appear that LONDON-AMP Capital will be the new 'owner' of Newcastle Airport after winning an auction for the 49% stake being sold by Danish airports operator Koebenhavns Lufthavne A/S (KBHL.KO). The Australian fund manager beat competition from several bidders including Antin Infrastructure Partners, a BNP Paribas SA-backed fund, and 3i Infrastructure PLC.
Dubai Air Wing 747 landing at NCL this evening
Quote Quoting phil1, from a previous post

Dubai Air Wing 747 landing at NCL this evening

Anymore detail on that, Phil? Time?
Quote Quoting Johansen, from a previous post

Anymore detail on that, Phil? Time?

sorry mate i wasn't aware in advance but I caught it coming in about 5.30pm, think its still sitting on the apron now - i believe this is an annual visitor?

should be this

http://www.planespotters.net/Aviation_Photos/photo.show?id=310427
http://

There
Nice footage magicninja it looks well polished. A6-MMM landed at 17:46 last night as DUB002 and is still on stand now.
Quote Quoting phil1, from a previous post

sorry mate i wasn't aware in advance but I caught it coming in about 5.30pm, think its still sitting on the apron now - i believe this is an annual visitor?

I was watching one of those on Flightradar24 heading north west, and was surprised that it wasn't in a fast climb. It wasn't that one though, it was the horse box with wings they got from Great Wall to replace the urine-rotted one! That was using DUB002 as well. May have been headed off to Ireland.

NCL is the best placed airport for the Yorkshire and northerly stud farms though and the Emirs do love their horses
I am sure the one in NCL at the moment (it's still here) is for shooting / fishing activities on the Northumberland country estates and seems to be an annual visitor for this. No doubt that one heading off to Ireland would be horse related.
Bad news as Monarch/Cosmos Holidays are to drop the planned weekly Summer 2013 Newcastle to Orlando-Sanford route due to low forward bookings. Also Cardiff-Orlando has been dropped.
ahhh that is actually guttning, doesnt look like its going to be the best year for NCL next year.
After the 747 earlier in the week, Dubai Wing 737 A6-MRM is on the ground now, arrived as DUB005
Thanks for deleting my post much appreciated...

Quote Quoting lbaspotter, from a previous post

Bad news as Monarch/Cosmos Holidays are to drop the planned weekly Summer 2013 Newcastle to Orlando-Sanford route due to low forward bookings. Also Cardiff-Orlando has been dropped.

where is the proof of this, whenever someone post's information without proof the admin's are usually on their backs wanting to find out the source? I was only wondering..

Give me the reason as to why my post was deleted please?
SAS are to restart the Copenhagen route for about the fourth time in early February, 5x weekly CRJ200, evening flights on SK542 and SK543.
Quote Quoting tomibewi, from a previous post

Give me the reason as to why my post was deleted please?

Because this Forum is not the place to raise and/or discuss such matters. Why could you or Martin not simply have sent me a PM?

Meanwhile, insofar as your inane comment regarding lbaspotter's post is concerned, he, unlike certain other people I could mention who (used to) inhabit this Forum, has a track-record of posting reliable information, hence the reason why the mods are not "on (his) back", as you so politely put it!
MON may be withdrawing some marginal routes as they are going to be short of widebody capacity next year. One A306 is imminently to be parted out and the rest are all under varying death sentences.

G-MONR is the first to go, due to go to the axe man this month. Boeing failed them badly on the 787 and no alternatives have been sought, instead narrowbodies are to be added. Their business plan is evolving.
This post was edited on Monday 5th November, 2012 at 17:25 GMT
Cant see that happening, i think NCL is in the best location, they make as well just close durham tees valley airoprt down and expand NCL, a runway extention would be a good start.

MON just to say as someone said there was no evidance to some else, MON isnt showing SFB on the Cosmos website from NCL, gutted.
This post was edited on Wednesday 7th November, 2012 at 22:26 GMT
Hey everyone I'm new on the forum and have read most of the recent forum entry's I was just wondering why G-MONJ was flying into newcastle as MON9039 from Krakow? Is this a one off flight or something?
Quote Quoting Charlie14, from a previous post

Hey everyone I'm new on the forum and have read most of the recent forum entry's I was just wondering why G-MONJ was flying into newcastle as MON9039 from Krakow? Is this a one off flight or something?

They do annual flights, I think it flies the passengers back to NCL then positions back to MAN.
It was on BBC local news yesterday that 200 school kids were on a day trip to Auschwitz leaving from NCL.
Oh yes I saw that, I thought it might have been with LStongue out stupid me-.-
I'm surprised no one on here noticed the fact jet2.com used a Boeing 737-800WL, G-GDFD (EXS6331) this morning on one of the 2x Newcastle United football charters to Ostend along with Boeing 737-300, G-CELS (EXS6323)

G-CELS should return back later this evening at 22:55 as EXS6324 while G-GDFD will return tomorrow afternoon at 13:20 as EXS6332
Noticed your AMS-NCL flights (as well as MME) have been taking an odd routing just lately, across as far as overhead LBA then turning north. Must be some military exercises going on in the north east area.
Is anyone up spotting tomorrow? Sunday.
RAF Tristar ZE705 landed last night and is still on the ground now.
Why was my comment deleted.

Anyway incase anyone goes up for it . its gone as of yesterday
my taxi driver friend tells me...arrival tomorrow is A6HEH B737800 stopping for a few days...
Early heads up for you.

EK35 is op by A6-ENB today 22/11 which was only delivered 6 days ago so presumably a first visit.
KL1533/4 (PH-WXC Fokker 70) from Amsterdam diverted to Newcastle after holding, TOM3619/1MY (G-TAWJ Boeing 737-800) from Tenerife diverted to Newcastle without holding

courtesy of www.dtvmovements.co.uk/

dont know why yet
BA dove G-EUPH on approach operating SHT12T. I hope to get a pic tomoz morning im flying out on KLM 952 on a trip of Norwich via AMS. Will upload photos when I can.
Grab 'em while you can as BA seem to be repainting the specials pretty quickly. At least one of the pineapples has gone and the ducks will probably not last either.
Does anyone in this thread know anything about future proposals for a New York service? Also I have heard rumours about a Beijing service?
Quote Quoting alex207, from a previous post

Does anyone in this thread know anything about future proposals for a New York service? Also I have heard rumours about a Beijing service?

For future reference, please identify the source(s) of your information, failing which your post(s) will be deleted.
The new york Jet2 flight departs tomorrow and next thursday. As for scheduled service, very very unlikely and Beijing will not happen.

Yes, where have you heard this as I know lots of very well informed people and nothing has been mentioned.
anyone know the times of the B767 next weekend..my taxi driver spotter friend says stopping 3 days? probably grouse shooting????
This post was edited on Sunday 2nd December, 2012 at 18:40 GMT
Monarch airlines charter from Munich inbound next 10mins or so - a320 not a321
This evenings inbound from Paris is an AF A318 ( F-GUGL ) Cityjet broke one of thier RJ's ?
more news on the 767 next weekend..its a South African one and staying 3 days !!
This post was edited on Monday 3rd December, 2012 at 16:48 GMT
Quote Quoting planesilly, from a previous post

more news on the 767 next weekend..its a South African one and staying 3 days !!

Not true. they dont have any 767 and the airport know nothing of this arrival
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: