Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic Newcastle Airport Forum | Everything NCL from Feb 2013

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 102 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
Please continue in this fresh thread.

TK....well from experience elsewhere it doesn't really affect EK that much. Istanbul operates service options that EK doesn't, or that would need a substantial backtrack. For instance into the Baltic republics and various Stans.

Turkish also have low-density 739ERs coming in which have extra fuel tanks and less seats to operate longer, thinner routes. Many of which wouldn't support EK whose smallest aircraft will soon be the A359. These are going to work on African and Asian routes with just 150 total seating.

TK also have onwards connections into India, Pakistan and places like that. So it's a substantial market to be tapped and I reckon NCL could support it.
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
ahhhh i see and Turkish airlines is great carrier and not just onward connections but Istanbul would be popular too! I hope sometime in the near future it prevails. Another vital destination that NCL needs is Frankfurt being the 3rd most busiest airport in Europe and a load of onward connections even a little Lufthansa regional canadair would be a start! NCL is in desperate need of big european hub airports or it will just fade and be defeated by manchester to the south and edinburgh and glasgow to the north!
TK also have a good soft product as the service and interiors are excellent.

Lufthansa shorthaul is changing at the moment with Germanwings taking on a lot of their routes.
could germanwings do it then?
they could but part of the historic problem was the lack of slots at Frankfurt to launch new operations so it was always a case of what brings the best returns for LH which for NCL often meant it was other destinations that were launched. With the extra runway, they may revisit it.

You may find bmi regional interested in such a route but as they are non-aligned, it's not really playing into offering the wide range of services from the Star Alliance as you'd have to book 2 tickets with no guarantees regarding connecting.
The thing confuses me is there is way more connections at frankfurt than dusseldorf but the still operate to dusseldorf rather than the 3rd biggest airport in europe?
According to NUFC.Com, the Metalist team aircraft flew in to Tees Valley as the team is based in Newton Aycliffe for this week. Not sure what aircraft used though
Have ryanair increased their frequency on the barcelona girona summer route?
Looks like UR-GAV (B734) brought the footballers into DTV Trotsenstein. It arrived at 11:47 from Kharkiv on 8/1/13 then left at 12:54 to Donetsk.

Quite a nice pic of it coming in too.

http://www.dtvimages.co.uk/data/storage/attachments/3ce2b0961892427c31f4f91e9a6adb6f.jpg

Sorry for posting off topic (i.e Newcastle)
We have lost the Brussels airways 3x daily flight to brussels in the summer !
What is up with Newcastle? every other airport seems to be on the increase especially Leeds Bradford and East Midlands with presence on monarch at both Thomson at LBA. also EDI, MAN and MAN are on the increase so why is NCL falling so much? your opinions?
Could possibly do with a change in ownership at NCL. Bring in new proactive owners who are able to go out and fight for business.
honestly newcastle need this route..i wouldnt be suprised if easyjet launch this kowing there is a market for it..
Any news on a trans-Atlantic route other than the Summer one operated by AirTransat, to the US I mean happy
Quote Quoting GummyHD, from a previous post

Any news on a trans-Atlantic route other than the Summer one operated by AirTransat, to the US I mean

Air Transat has pulled the route, so less likely a new US route is in the offing considering a 'low cost' format 1 weekly doesn't work.
anyone any ideas on the hopeful new carrier to Brussels? Anyone think it will happen?
hi guys hope you enjoyed the Ukraine 737 s ...the return away match has us flying in out in a B757 !!! not 737 its still the greek lot..not sure of reggie?
The Ukranian 738s were UR-PSF and then 30 minutes later UR-PSD.

I've just seen the International Space Station over EGNT in does that count as an "over the top"
I didnt read any sarcasm in Runway07's post.

Anyone know the reason behind the EZY A320 go around this afternoon?
I picked that up also Trotsenstein. That and there was another easyjet A319 I believe this morning about 2.5 DME out still had their landing gear down? Tracked it on FL24.com but nothing out of the ordinary!
How the hell does bringing a bit a humour to the forum give phil1 the right to post abuse? The track of the ISS the other night was the same as an eastbound OTT so I was within my rights to connect the two.

Back on track, Gain Jet SX-RFA B752 arrived last night and is still on the ground now.
Okay, enough guys. Phil1, you need to calm down and also watch your language please. So far as I'm concerned, there was no sarcasm inherent in Runway07's post #18. You just got hold of the wrong end of the stick and over-reacted.

Site Mod.
Gain Jet 757 in to take NUFC to Ukraine for their UEFA match
Does no one else think Jet2 could take up the Brussels route?
Brussels isn't a particularly attractive route unless it's for rock bottom fares or linked to onwards connections via SN into their markets. Maybe SN might take a look when their new fleet of smaller planes arrives.

I couldn't see LS being interested. It isn't an Amsterdam or Paris type short break destination.
do you think BMI regional might take it on?
Any ideas when SX-RFA will be leaving?
Quote Quoting alex207, from a previous post

do you think BMI regional might take it on?

BM are in a funny place as they don't have the sort of alliances they used to have. Not yet anyway.

Embraers are hard to make money with too unless you have contracts and good fares in place. It's their fixed costs (pilots and all the rest of it) that are proportionally higher than anything bigger. Brussels isn't really a destination I'd see working at NCL unless it was to Charleroi on Ryanair or something like that. BRU is also an expensive airport.

NCL needs to play to its strengths. The one possibility I can see working is United to Newark on the 757, maybe 4x weekly to start, or even the new AA to Philadelphia (US Airways hub) that has always picked up plenty of connecting traffic to places like Orlando or other onwards US locations.
yes i totally agree with you!
Jet2%u2019s New York Christmas Shopping trips are now on sale. Flights will be operating to Newark once again from Newcastle as well as from Leeds/Bradford, East Midlands, Glasgow, and new additional departures from Manchester.

LS075 NCL 08:00 EWR 11:00 = THU 21/11/13 / LS076 EWR 22:00 NCL 10:00 = SUN 24/11/13
LS075 NCL 08:00 EWR 11:00 = THU 05/12/13 / LS076 EWR 22:00 NCL 10:00 = SUN 08/12/13
More gen for you boys!! A340 in on Thursday/Friday..not sure of airline?
do you know any times of that planesilly is i will be up to see it happy
apologies chaps for short notice - Kuwait Airways a340 inbound now
reg 9K-ANB
video of the a340 kuwait airline that was in today:

Arrivals/Departures board showing Enter Air flight for tomorrow. Arrives from Leeds/Bradford 10:20, departure 11:10 but unclassified airport
Wow, rather annoyed about that A340! Why couldn't they tell us?!
It's the nature of the cargo that rather precludes publicity! All we can say is that at least once per year, you see Kuwait Airlines at NCL.
This post was edited on Saturday 23rd February, 2013 at 16:35 GMT
Yeah the nature of the cargo wasnt allowed to be said due to security problems with recent burrels. I can tell you a few things though that secruity was all over the place and so was the police. there was only about 3 people who knew that there was an a340 1 of them being me.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/8207/img0894i.jpg
Hi just got back from malaga today had to circle around the north east easyjet G-EZFV.. Just watched it on fr24.. Good flight
Gummy..keep up told you all about this on the 20th !!
At least 5hr delay on EK036 this afternoon (departure board now showing 18:15) anyone know what's up?

The Enter Air B734 this morning went LGW-LBA-NCL and onwards to Kiruna in Sweden.
Heard it was an engine fault
How come earlier today i saw a SAS service to Copenhagen for today and the Sunday services arent due to start till late march? anyone know why?
At a complete logic driven guess, the A340 cargo is perhaps something to do with Thomas De La Rue?
Anyone know how the copenhagen route is doing?
Hey Guys! Just saw a Boeing 737-XXX come in at NCL, wondering if any one knew who it was or who it belonged to? If this helps it was White with some Blue Stripes.
Wouldn't be Enter Air would it?

They are operating a few Lapland charters at the moment from various UK airports.
Yes, problem solved! Cheers!
This post was edited on Friday 1st March, 2013 at 00:19 GMT
Quote Quoting GummyHD, from a previous post

Hey Guys! Just saw a Boeing 737-XXX come in at NCL, wondering if any one knew who it was or who it belonged to? If this helps it was White with some Blue Stripes

Hi I saw it too today and was scratching my head! -however I think it was Ryanair in 'dreamliner' livery

http://www.planespotters.net/Aviation_Photos/photo.show?id=313107
Wonder if we'll get one of these in when NUFC play Anzhi in a couple of weeks (14/03)

http://www.planespotters.net/Aviation_Photos/photo.show?id=361137

It was chartered for the team for thier last round match to take them to Hannover.
The Ryanair 'Dreamliner' arrived on the 10:30 Dublin flight, gutted I missed a photo op as the light was great
Kuwait A340 within next two weeks.
Sorry to keep brief but we all know what for so I'm not going to broadcast.
Source: a worker at airport.
Could be interesting as it might be an A340-500
Quote Quoting whitehatter, from a previous post

Could be interesting as it might be an A340-500

Sorry, whitehatter, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure that Kuwait Airways only have the four -313 series aircraft. On a similar note, however, I'd love to seem them use the A310, A300, or the B777 just for a change from their normal, although I suppose nothing can compare on the exciting, underpowered takeoff we always see from the A340...
confused
KU Royal Flight now have a shiny new A345, so if it's a Government or Royal Family movement it could be that
Quote Quoting whitehatter, from a previous post

KU Royal Flight now have a shiny new A345, so if it's a Government or Royal Family movement it could be that

I've just had a browse for it and very nice it looks indeed. It's possible but in the past it's always been the flag carrier on behalf of their government. I hope they bring th -500. In any case, we will have to keep our eyes peeled on planefinder.net for anything heading our way from over there. It had better not be on a school day! In addition, the worker also told me to expect Thomson's Boeing 787 this summer but I'm quite sure that we all already know about that, and if that's to happen, Boeing need to ull their finger out with sorting those laptop batteries! big grin
The Kuwait royals are a strange lot when it comes to their aircraft.

They have a fleet of 'state of Kuwait' aircraft, A320/A300 and a B747-400.

Despite this, they still mainly use the 'Kuwait Airways' fleet and other carriers such as BA for their flights.

As the flights into Newcastle are for the items that rhyme with 'honey', technically it could be any aircraft, A300/A340/B777/B747.
Quote Quoting world_rep, from a previous post

As the flights into Newcastle are for the items that rhyme with 'honey', technically it could be any aircraft, A300/A340/B777/B747.

They used to be A300s in the past, I can't remember when they started using the A340s but it must have been some point after 2006. Sorry I can't be more specific. So what do the Kuwaiti Royals do with their aircraft? confused
Quote Quoting Sperwer, from a previous post

In addition, the worker also told me to expect Thomson's Boeing 787 this summer but I'm quite sure that we all already know about

That was a definite for NCL as it is listed as one of the initial locations, replacing a 767 on the usual runs.
Quote Quoting world_rep, from a previous post

The Kuwait royals are a strange lot when it comes to their aircraft.

They have a fleet of 'state of Kuwait' aircraft, A320/A300 and a B747-400.

Despite this, they still mainly use the 'Kuwait Airways' fleet and other carriers such as BA for their flights.

We occasionally get a 744 in at MAN which is operated by the airline, but has a fold-out operating theatre built into it! The plane made a few visits for a Prince who was apparently at one of the colleges or something, to pick him up or drop him off.
Gainjet SX-RFA inbound - no doubt for the toon's travels in europe this week
This post was edited on Tuesday 5th March, 2013 at 21:48 GMT
Someone has been messing around on wikipedia stating american airlines starting 1st December to JFK and Detroit with delta starting on the 4th December. Wish someone would stop messing around with it oh and i united airlines service to Newark all of this info is so believable wish is it was though at least one service transatlanticsad
NCL-AGP this morning landed at Bristol 09:00 squawking 7700
This post was edited on Wednesday 13th March, 2013 at 17:59 GMT
Quote Quoting Runway07, from a previous post

NCL-AGP this morning landed at Bristol 09:00 squawking 7700

Does anybody know the registration or what was up?

Can't believe that I missed the TU-154!

Does anybody know the registration or what was up?

http://www.avherald.com/h?article=45f098e7&opt=0

Can't believe that I missed the TU-154!

Its still there till friday 10am !
Quote Quoting magicninja, from a previous post

Its still there till friday 10am !

I've never heard of the team it brought in. At least they didn't pile them into a 737-500.
I'm surprised they didn't have a VIP 748 with their money happy
http://
This post was edited on Thursday 14th March, 2013 at 19:51 GMT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmkSUjGoKuM
Please continue all discussions in the new March 13 thread. Thank You!
Please continue all NCL discussions here until the thread reaches the 100 post mark, where upon a new thread can/will be started. Also, please can video filming be posted in the video forum.

Cheers guys.
Site Mod Team
Looks like there'll be 3 flights out to Lisbon next week for Newcastle's match with Benfica.

2 from Thomas Cook on behalf of Thomas Cook Sport which are both full and a Thomson Airways 8076 on behalf of Sport Options

Not sure of anymore though the club have sold around 3,000 tickets so I imagine there's a lot of connections going on!
ive heard of 6....TCX 767 2 x mon A321 2 LS 737/757 plus gain jet 737 with team?
Update on charters too Lisbon.
Today Gain Jet B737 different one to last time?

Wed. B767 300 TCX 0750/0905 B737 LS 0900/1100 B757 MON 0930/1030 B757 LS dept 1000

Thu. B757 MON 0700/0800 and B7378 TOM 0700/0800

all return Friday early hours.

also a SATA A310 on 10th stopping 2 days

if my man comes up with any update will let you know
their is also more flights out on Thursday morning as well which make up the other 3 flights
hi everyone.just wondered if anybody knew which plane thomas cook are using this summer for the NCL to ACE route.thanks
We won't know untill maybe a week before, It's very likely to be a Boeing 757 and at this moment in time it stands as G-TCBC however that is almost 100% likely to change
i think last year they were using the a320, but your pretty sure it will be the 757?
Well I'm not too sure then, but I'm sure it used to be tongue out
so, does anyone know whats operating the flight to Lourdes today? I know it used to eb a 747 but in recent years it was downgraded to a 757 and a 737..... any help apppreciated
This post was edited on Saturday 6th April, 2013 at 06:23 GMT
Should be Small Planet A320 SP-HAB, currently running an hour behind schedule.
hi guys more gen for you all...some French Air Force flights later his month..when I get more details will post.
Hey Everyone! BELGIAN AIR FORCE A330-300 just touched down at NCL! Anybody know why its here and when it leaves?
Its departing now
Was interesting to see that the BAF A330 parked up on stand 8/9 alongside the EK 777 rather than across on the usual stands away from the terminal (24-25 I think) so presumably using the airbridge for passengers?
I'm just saying as a Warning although I am not admin staff and do not claim to be, that some members on here are posting some rather sensitive information, I.E. The A343 and Thomas De La Rue. information like that shouldn't be shared and is 'supposed' to be kept a secret.

Any Tom, Dick or Harry could come on here and do god knows what with the stuff some people are posting.
Honestly surprised to see no supporter flights from Lisbon.
Quote Quoting csby56, from a previous post

Honestly surprised to see no supporter flights from Lisbon.

Was the SATA flight departing at 0005 12/04 not for fans or was this for he Benfica team? I heard they brought over 1000 fans with them so they must have arrived some how hehe
Quote Quoting tomibewi, from a previous post

information like that shouldn't be shared and is 'supposed' to be kept a secret.

Thank you for sharing your concern. However, it might have been better if you hadn't included specific reference to "Thomas de la Rue" (sic). If you expect others to be discreet, then it surely makes sense to abide by those same principles yourself? A classic case of the pot calling the kettle black, me thinks!

Site Mod.
tomibewi...you have lost me what are you talking about?

last few posts have been about football only?
Quote Quoting planesilly, from a previous post

tomibewi...you have lost me what are you talking about?

I think he's referring to posts #57 and #58.
Belgian Air Force C130 CH-10 on the ground now.
Quote Quoting Baltimore, from a previous post

hank you for sharing your concern. However, it might have been better if you hadn't included specific reference to "Thomas de la Rue" (sic). If you expect others to be discreet, then it surely makes sense to abide by those same principles yourself? A classic case of the pot calling the kettle black, me thinks!

The event has already taken place, there's no need to be discrete, But I get what you mean.
a bit of gen....
a A320 of Titan ? due on Friday and also 2 Transavia B737;s next wednesday not sure of times.
i hope i cna catch the titan a320 as it is their newest aircraft it is due for delivery sometime either today or tommorow it is registers G-POWI
Quote Quoting virgin330, from a previous post

it is due for delivery sometime either today or tommorow

I don't know where you got your information from, 'cos, according to Titan, it was delivered to STN on 11.04.2013!
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: