Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic Newcastle Airport Forum | Everything NCL, April onwards...

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 101 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
Last one into 3 figures, so time for a new thread.

Cheers.
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
hi guys the transavia b737s are on wednesday,Ita a 700 and 800 i think in the evening..will let you know.
hi all the transavia 737s are around 7 at night.

theree is also a French air force A310 tomorrow and tuesday
Quote Quoting planesilly, from a previous post

i all the transavia 737s are around 7 at night.

theree is also a French air force A310 tomorrow and tuesday

Thanks for the information happy do you know what time the a310's are in ?
one today..sorry 24 hrs out but there is one tomorrow?
hi all ??? update transavia 737s have landed.

the French a310 tomorrow has been replaced by a luftwaffe a310 and there is a KC10 of the Dutch air force on friday..
Luftwaffe A310 landed around 9.45 - anyone see it?
If you haven't seen the Dutch KDC-10 it's worth a visit. The Dutch Air Force keep them in immaculate condition. IIRC they have a couple of them.
the dusseldorf flight is a 735 today, just in
hi quiet on here at moment....pity cause lots of gen!!

2 x C160 French air force tommorrow morning 9 ish??
Hi does anyone know if Easyjet use the A319 for the PMI route on Monday morning flight??
the 0600 flight to PMI by easjet this money will be used by an A320, will proberly stay like that as summer season demand increases.

Also something to discuss, any chance of virgin little red starting at NCL of the rest f the routes turn out to be successful?
Possible, but look at the current value of slots at LHR. Prices are silly and VS would need to buy slots to operate NCL. The slots they got for Little Red were part of the BMI takeover by BA and were specifically earmarked for shorthaul operations, which is why Little Red happened.

BA had to release some slots in order for a new domestic and shorthaul competitor to enter the market. It was part of the approval of the BA-BD deal; specifically to Scotland. Virgin used their own spare slots for Manchester and would need to find slots for NCL. Some slots are changing hands for tens of millions or more.
Are Thomas cook flying TCX6108 on a320 for the whole season, or just until the summer? it is hard to find a flight for the summer and I think the decrease in aircraft size is the problem, as I flew on a 757 last year to Larnaca and there were plenty seats!
is it not just cos they are flogging seats to Thomson?
Everybody is flogging seats to everyone else these days, Thomas Cook are taking allocations of seating from Easyjet and also doing longhaul flight sharing with Thomson.
Even jet2 I've noticed a lot more people flying them than the other airlines. I'd fly jet2, but they don't fly to Larnaca. And I had the choice to fly thomson on sunday at 9:30 but it's just to much money to fly on for the same you get on thomas cook.
I'm guessing that AerArann AT75 (flight REA06P) had something to do with rugby match at Kingston Park , Falcons v Leinster ?
Hi, just seen a jet2 737 to Cork went tek on push back from stand 13 ended up taxing to stand 23 nose in. Jet2 also have a Airbus A320 i think.
looks like theres a 767 in, looking at in from my bedroom window cant make who It belongs to or were its going anyone know?
doesn't matter found out, its Blue Panorama operating for Jet2 to Tenerife.
Quote Quoting DAVID_A319, from a previous post

Jet2 also have a Airbus A320 i think

G-POWI Titan Airways on summer lease to Jet2, based at NCL.
Just got back from NCL had a good couple of hours, seen a leased privilege style EC-ISY 757 for Thomson and British airways using a all white 757 . Jet2 737 taxiing around the runway and apron testing the nose wheel. A little different for a sunday.
Quote Quoting DAVID_A319, from a previous post

British airways using a all white 757 .

Titan have been operating some of the shuttles on behalf of BA over the last couple of days. I think they operated the BA1321 on Monday morning as well as flights on Sunday
Thomson 787 - G-TUIA doing the rounds all over Britain, anybody know if its due in NCL for a quick stop? big grin
for those interested..will have a list of sunderland air show traffic tomorrow..will post then.inc.newcastle stuff!
ok as promised

red arrows
BBMF all three aircaft
Tutor Typhoon(2) Lynx RN Tucano(2) Sea King RN Lynx AAC Apache RNethAF
Twister(3),catalina,Extra 300(4) Blades(4) Hunter ME109 P51 P40

Swordfish Falcons

thats it...pretty poor relly!!!

BETTER THOUGH..also my taxi friend is picking up a crew next week for a Belavia B737 stopping 3 days?
Is that Alan Sugar's bird just landed ?
Quote Quoting G-7RGQ, from a previous post

Is that Alan Sugar's bird just landed ?

By the looks of it, probably not. No private aircraft came into Newcastle at that time.
G-SUGA is currently in NCL
Quote Quoting Trotsenstein, from a previous post

G-SUGA is currently in NCL

Ahh OTNE.co.uk lied to me then, Whoops.
Do apologize chaps.
The Belavia B737 is in on Thursday stopping for 4 dayys !!! no rush.

also a SAS B737 let you know times wnen he gets them..
Newcastle will also be seeing the BA 787's here next month for crew training, as well as Manchester, Glasgow and Stockholm.

buzzing.
We've an A330-200 from EK arriving on Saturday 26th October... just found it on the ek website whilst looking for my next holiday!!!
according to their website its the A330 from late october through to the new year... but then goes back to the 777 again
Is that good news or bad news. I cant tell
Do you happen to know the dates of the British Airways 787 as i'm flying out of the airport on the 14th of July and would love to see it!
have no idea of the dates, but BA gets them on the 26th and 27th of this month, I reckon you should catch it
Quote Quoting Sperwer, from a previous post

We've an A330-200 from EK arriving on Saturday 26th October... just found it on the ek website whilst looking for my next holiday!!!

Looks like it's going to be just a glitch... it shows the EK35 as a B773 but the EK36 as a A332.
hi all

late notice but a private A318 due in tonight at 9 from Nigeria!!! you heard it here first!!
Hey Guys! TCX6107 (Boeing 757-200) just did a go-around runway 25, it must have been very late because I love to the 07 end in Darras Hall and it was the lowest commercial aircraft i've ever seen, anyone got any ideas or was it just a normal go- round, plus it turned Northwards instead of the usual Southern turn...very strange!
Sunday

eshott fly in tomorrow.and aircraft stopping a couple of days i think.going to Carlisle then return to eshott

eshott fly in tomorrow.and aircraft stopping a couple of days i think.going to Carlisle then return to eshott

Eshott great north fly in was 2 weeks ago ?
Quote Quoting magicninja, from a previous post

Eshott great north fly in was 2 weeks ago ?

Correct, it took place from 14th-16th June. Silly old planesilly! happy
Great fly in at eshott..told you !!!!..went up with plenty of visitors..it was the Flying Farmers fly in.all gone now..sorry you all missed it!! about 15 extras on top of based anyone got a full log?
This post was edited on Friday 5th July, 2013 at 22:45 GMT
Any idea's when the 787 is coming in?

It's on the ground for around 2 weeks from delivery and then off to Manston for crew training for 7-10 days, that is about as much as I know
If you mean the BA ones, apparently the policy is to just slot them into Shuttle flights as and when. No public timetable is being published officially, they should just turn up on the service.
quiet on here!!!

anyway first BA787 due second week of august..when |I have more info. will post..
Boeing 787 overrated coudnt wait till they came in to Man,but still unreliable aircraft at the moment. Just look like a beefed up 737-800.Just my own thoughts no one else's.
Ive also heard the date of the BA787 and why its in for however cant say yet. Anyway does anyone know the day the sunderland airshow ac are coming in. Someone posted a list of times and dates last year
Arrows are in on Friday as they are meant to be doing a display Friday evening but dont know the times.

I read Samson are holding an open day on the Saturday for their sposored charity which will have good photo opportunities.
Quote Quoting Sketty222, from a previous post

Any idea's when the 787 is coming in?

i heard a rumour its the 8th Aug?? might be wrong though
Its the date ive heard also
yes thats what ive heard..also Aer lingus starting flights???????
short notice but I think we have a Virgin little red diversion
Been a lot of thundery weather and even a bit of weird fog about of late.
Quote Quoting phil1, from a previous post

i heard a rumour its the 8th Aug?? might be wrong though

Thanks

Will make sure I'm off work that day and able to head up to the airport
Does anybody know what time the 787 will be landing at NCL on Thursday? thats of course as long as it's not a rumour
I've heard 11am Thursday 8th August!laughinglaughinglaughing
Hi. Can someone help me please, does anyone no which 757 Thomas cook use for the Newcastle to Turkey Antalya a reg would be really good aswell Thanks. date of travel 26th September 2013, Thanks again David. happy
Both BA and NCL have confirmed on their Twitter feed that the 787 will be in tomorrow at 10.00
Thank you for the 787 info
BA 787 arrives at 1000 and leaves at 1300. It arrives from LHR via a flypast at EMA...... departs at 1300 to EDI where it will undertake a local flight and will then head back to LHR early evening.
Thanks for the info Steve - I will be there hopfully
Steve Platt ,your are everywhere,top man.sjmk
So, what did evryone think of the 787?
I thought it was very quiet compared to anything else coming in.

I can't wait till Thomson start flying their's in regularly, next year
Yesterday a Boeing 757-200 thomas cook TCX6107 G-TCBC inbound from Fuerteventura declared an emergency at Manchester airport after an attempt to land at Newcastle without fully extended flaps, pilots made a go around and were going to have a second attempt and slow down more, but without making any risks of landing then overshooting the runway they decided to be safer and divert to Manchester were there is a much longer runway. The passengers off the flight from Fuerteventura that was suppose to arrive at 17:00 later arrived in Newcastle by coach in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Bad day for Thomas cook with 3 delays!
Better safe than sorry,guess TCX thinking of pax more than there own problems with bad press.
does anybody know who is the ground handling agent at NCL for the following?

Flybe?
Onur Air?
Aegean airlines?
Aer Lingus?
Syphax Airlines?
Ryannair?
Scandinavian Airlines?

do servisair have more contracts than just easyjet?

cheers
This post was edited on Tuesday 3rd September, 2013 at 12:23 GMT
Servisair handles all of them except Onur Air and syphax which is handled by swissport.
Quote Quoting ServisairNCL, from a previous post

Servisair handles all of them except Onur Air and syphax which is handled by swissport.

cheers dude, much obliged
Quote Quoting ServisairNCL, from a previous post

You would have thought somebody with the name ServisairNCL would know who they handle ..... OHY and SYA are indeed handled by Servisair, and they do not handle SAS!
Quote Quoting AlloyAirCar, from a previous post

You would have thought somebody with the name ServisairNCL would know who they handle ..... OHY and SYA are indeed handled by Servisair, and they do not handle SAS!

no wonder I get so confused! - ok guys so its

Swissport Servisair

Air France Aegean airlines
Air Malta Aer Lingus
BH Air Easyjet
British Airways Flybe
Eastern Airways Onur Air
Emirates Ryannair
Jet2.com Syphax
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Lufthansa
Citiwing
SAS
Thomas Cook
Thomson Airways
Wideroe

please feel free to correct or add..............................................
Quote Quoting AlloyAirCar, from a previous post

sorry that was a jumbled up mess

Swissport

Air France
Air Malta
BH Air
British Airways
Eastern Airways
Emirates
Jet2.com
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Lufthansa
Citiwing
SAS
Scandinavian Airlines
Thomas Cook
Thomson Airways
Wideroe

and Servisair

Aegean airlines
Aer Lingus
Easyjet
Flybe
Onur Air
Ryannair
Syphax
my taxi man has a load of bookings coming up. this weekend and next mainly biz jets including the Dubai jumbo back in two weeks!! will let you know any news when he tells me !!
On Flight Radar now, Belgian Air Force A330, CS-TMT, appears to be lining up for finals at Newcastle.
hi 747 on sunday Dubai air wing,my mate picking up crew

hi 747 on sunday Dubai air wing,my mate picking up crew

looks like it may be A6-HRM en route
Hi everyone,
Did anyone see thomas cook G-FCLK on the 26th Sept do a rejected takeoff at around about 3pm
Newcastle to Antalya?
I was on it. What a funny feeling you get when you full power then it's brakes on hard to stop, The problem was something to do with lack of speed and power on takeoff, then a taxi back to 07 and second time lucky, had a great time and excellent flights with Thomas Cook.
David
spooky in here! Have I missed something? are we banned?sad
Nope, the NCL Forum is definitely open for business as usual.
Happy new year everybody happy
Does anyone no if Thomas cook are going to use Smartlynx airlines again this year? Thanks
Happy New Year guys. Was starting to think there was no-one left on the NCL forum
Quote Quoting fenderman, from a previous post

Was starting to think there was no-one left on the NCL forum

me to the newcastle forum is dead but so is the airport. very quiet been up a few times over xmas not much happening.
only things happening was atc saying wrong freqs for radar and pilots readback were saying things wrong, and the ranger un doing the wind sock as it jammed with the wind.

if anyone gets info on TCX let me no (82)

Thank David
The airport has been a bit slow this year in releasing their summer schedule, stating they are waiting for confirmations from the airlines.

I have heard NCL with be an all Airbus fleet for TCX this year so we may see the SmartLynx one back. Would be sad to see the 757's go but they seemed to have a number of issues during the summer.
Quote Quoting Trotsenstein, from a previous post

I have heard NCL with be an all Airbus fleet for TCX this year so we may see the SmartLynx one back. Would be sad to see the 757's go but they seemed to have a number of issues during the summer.

Just been on fly TCX and looks like it could be a A321 onway to Dalaman and A320 back NCL. I've heard that Smartlynx are not that good aswell lots of delays and tek problems. Yes it will be sad to see the 757's go. Went on one last year and didn't take off first time lol. What would the chance be of the A321 being in new livery with sparklerts??
TCX are also realigning a lot of their flying, withdrawing from shorter sectors. It's not entirely clear what flights are being cut and from where, but Thomas Cook itself is now booking a lot of clients with the likes of Easyjet. Flights to destinations like Palma, Alicante and Malaga are the ones to be most affected and a closer integration with Condor developed as time goes on.

This is going to affect all airports, not just Newcastle. The new A321 fleet will be operating mostly longer sectors that the 757s are currently flying. Condor is being retained as a "trusted brand" and eventually I can see TCX renaming their British airline operations.
This post was edited on Sunday 12th January, 2014 at 18:07 GMT
summer timetable now on the airport website, however, aircraft types not yet shown

Titan Airways 767 running todays Heathrow shuttle . I bet there's plenty of leg room on that one !
Virgin A340 G-VFIT just diverted in to Newcastle from London.
British Airways 747 G-CIVZ now also diverting in from LHR.
Spent sometime up at Newcastle yesterday. Noted an Air Atlantique ATP going out early afternoon. Is this a regular movement does anyone know, or a one off?
The ATP was probably one of the mail planes. Another one arrives/departs evening also. I notice only one Jet2 aircraft being used for overnight mail now, used to be two (EXS008 and EXS014)
Also - I think you are referring to Atlantic Airlines as Air Atlantique are the vintage aircraft people ( DC3 Dakota etc. )
Yes indeed, Atlantic Airlines! My mistake. Thanks for the info re evening flights. Thought it was a mail flight but wasn't certain, and knowing there are evening ATP flights also, means an evening trip up now needed!!
What a great flight to Dalaman today on G-TCDE they had cake at check in as it was the first flight from NCL also to my delight G-TCDD arrive as we were boarding two new A321 TCX happy also Emirates got push to start and got pulled back to stand anyone no why?
Old friend returns. I see the Monarch Airlines A330 ( G-EOMA ) doing the first outbound to Orlando this morning - I'm guessing this will be until the Dreamliner takes over in July ?
Monarch cancelled the orders for the six Dreamliners in September 2011 due to the decision to concentrate on short-/medium-haul operations. The three last A306s are now retired and the three last B752s will be retired at the end of the summer season 2014. Monarch will from 2015 have A320s and A321s 2 x A332s. The two latter passed 67,400 flight hours at the end of 2013 and will still have many hours left before they reach the service life limit (G-EOMA have in average had 12,5 hours daily in the air since she was delivered to Monarch).
Even more of an issue was Boeing messing Tim Jeans around. Boeing wouldn't give ZB a firm date for their 787 deliveries as the running order was being rejigged at the time due to cancellations and the need to reallocate 787-300 orders. Monarch complained quite loudly that big customers were getting the steak and blow job treatment whilst early but smaller clients such as Monarch were being left swinging in the wind with no idea if or when their planes would be allocated slots for construction.

So they invoked the cancellation clauses in the contract. Whether they got a payout is confidential as Monarch is a private company.
Monarch A330 was in on a troop charter. TOM using the 767 until later in the year when the 787 takes over the Orlando and Cancun run.
Just noticed on the Aviation News Facebook page that a Kuwaiti Air Force C-17 is due in Newcastle tonight at 16.45. I assume this is accurate, but if doesn't show don't shoot the messenger!
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: