Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic Photography Forum | Problem with Photo-Upload System (Update)

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 3 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
This post was edited on Sunday 25th November, 2012 at 18:40 GMT
As many of you will be aware, the photo upload system is not working properly at present. It functions intermittently (every 2-3 days) and then goes 'on the blink' again (for about 48 hours). If you try to upload a pic (.jpg), you will find that the following error message keeps appearing: There was a problem uploading your photo. The image you tried to upload is in an invalid format. All images should be in JPG format.

Unfortunately, as things stand at present, all we can do is sit here, twiddle our thumbs and wait for the problem to resolve itself. Without going into too much detail, when Dan Hill, P-M's founder, passed away earlier this year, he took with him the details of his SSH key (aka encrypted password). We, therefore, only have limited access to the 'guts' of the website and are thus somewhat hamstrung in terms of how much we can do to rectify issues of this sort.
If the problem persists and we are still unable to get our hands on the said SSH key, the only other way to resolve the issue (so far as I'm aware) is to rebuild the website virtually from scratch - which, as you can doubtless imagine, would be extremely expensive and probably take months to achieve.

In the meantime, I can quite imagine that many people are starting to lose patience with the website. However, for the moment, I can do little more than offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to those of you wishing to upload your photos. Indeed, I only wish that I could provide you all with a more optimistic prognosis, but, as things stand at present, I fear that we are effectively caught between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

(Note: This update has also been posted in the Site-Related Forum)
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
I SEE THAT PEOPLE CAN UPLOAD AGAIN, HOWEVER, I HAVE TRIED MANY TIMES SINCE
JAN 1 2013 AND THEY STILL REJECT MY JPEG'S, ANY SOLUTION PLEASE.
Sunday morning appears to be the best time to try.
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: