Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic Photography Forum | End of an era-Final VC10 Flight

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 14 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
Hi guys, as promised some shots of the last ever VC10 flight, which arrived at Bruntingthorpe at around 16:00 yesterday.
A sad day yesterday, but a very enjoyable one nonetheless.
Many thanks to all who made it possible, including the crew who kindly hung around signing the books they were giving away (result!) posing for photos and answering all sorts of questions.
Anyway, some pics of the end of the flying career of one of Britains finest achievements:
Posted Photo
VC10 K3 ZA147 Bruntingthorpe 25.09.13-2 by jonf45, on Flickr

Posted Photo
VC10 K3 ZA147 Bruntingthorpe 25.09.13-3 by jonf45, on Flickr

Posted Photo
VC10 K3 ZA147 Bruntingthorpe 25.09.13-4 by jonf45, on Flickr

Posted Photo
VC10 K3 ZA147 Bruntingthorpe 25.09.13 by jonf45, on Flickr

Posted Photo
VC10 K3 ZA147 Bruntingthorpe 25.09.13-6 by jonf45, on Flickr

It couldn't last for ever sad
Posted Photo
VC10 K3 ZA147 Bruntingthorpe 25.09.13-7 by jonf45, on Flickr

Posted Photo
VC10 K3 ZA147 Bruntingthorpe 25.09.13-8 by jonf45, on Flickr

And then it was all over

Posted Photo
VC10 K3 ZA147 and Crew Bruntingthorpe 25.09.13 by jonf45, on Flickr

Posted Photo
VC10 K3 ZA147 Bruntingthorpe 25.09.13-17 by jonf45, on Flickr

Posted Photo
VC10 K3 ZA147 Bruntingthorpe 25.09.13-23 by jonf45, on Flickr

Posted Photo
VC10 C1k XR808 and K3 ZA147 Bruntingthorpe 25.09.13 by jonf45, on Flickr

Posted Photo
VC10 K3 ZA147 Bruntingthorpe 25.09.13-3bw by jonf45, on Flickr

Highlight of the day happy
Posted Photo
Me in VC10 K3 ZA147 Bruntingthorpe 25.09.13-1 by jonf45, on Flickr

Loads more in my flickr site, including ones from the other exhibits on display:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonf45sphotos/

Hope they were of interest
Jon
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
Jon, awesome as usual mate, excellent quality (goes without saying) and some really well thought out/chosen angles of capture. A real pleasure to look through your gallery.

Did the crew share their views on the retirement of the type at all?

End of an era, that's for sure.

Excellent stuff mate, thanks as always.
Jon, a great set of photos...but you seem to have totally ignored my last post in the Site Related Forum. I am prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt on this occasion (much against my better judgement), but any future 'transgressions' will result in your post(s) being deleted.

Site Mod.
Quote Quoting Baltimore, from a previous post

but you seem to have totally ignored my last post in the Site Related Forum

Bit harsh, Baltimore don't you think? May be he didn't look at Site Related forum? Can his 'days out' taking these graphs not class as a trip report then perhaps? Be a huge shame if the site lost Jon's input.
If I was being harsh, I would simply have gone ahead and deleted his last post without warning. We have a dedicated Aviation Photos section and this is where photos should be uploaded. 99% of the people uploading their photos onto P-M seem to have got the message and I don't see why we should make an exception for one individual. The matter has been discussed between various members of the Site Mod. team and we have come to a joint decision, the details of which have been posted in the Site Related Forum. If Jon wishes to upload more than three pics at a time, he is very welcome to do so, provided that they go through the normal screening process. Otherwise, what is the point of having a dedicated Aviation Photos section in the first place?

If I was being harsh, I would simply have gone ahead and deleted his last post without warning

That would have been plain rude, after somebody had took the time out to put something like that together for your website.

You didn't answer my earlier question with the greatest of respect - can Jon's day out not class as a trip? If his work was posted in the Trip forum, it would take up a lot less space than some of the wonderful reports that reside there, so....?

It was merely a suggestion and some feedback.
Thank you for your kind words johansen, much appreciated (and for fighting my corner!!)
Baltimore, I did not ignore your post, I just hadn't seen it. I have now and appreciate you reaaoning behind it. Am on phone at the mo, but will delete my posts when i get home, or feel free to do so asap.Apologies again,jon
Jon, there is no need to delete your posts on this occasion. All I ask is that, in future, you (and everyone else posting pics on P-M) adheres to the new policy.
Quote Quoting jonf45, from a previous post

Baltimore, I did not ignore your post, I just hadn't seen it

Thought as much myself, Jon.

All I ask is that, in future, you (and everyone else posting pics on P-M) adheres to the new policy.

Now if you had put it like that the first time? Seriously, please accept some constructive criticism, or you may find that you push good people away from your site.
This subject is now closed. I have no personal axe to grind with either of you and I cannot see that any purpose will be served by continuing the debate.

Being a big fan of military aviation, I have very much enjoyed looking at Jon's photos and I hope that I will have the opportunity to do so again at some point in the not too distant future. However, for the reasons previously articulated, the Mod. Team has seen fit to impose a limit on the number of photos that can be uploaded in Forum threads. I accept that not everyone will agree with this decision, but I can assure you that it has been taken with the best of intentions and, as I have stated many times before, there is nothing to stop people uploading as many pics as they want, provided they go through the normal screening process. That way, everyone receives the same treatment and no-one should have any cause for complaint.

Onwards and upwards...

I have no personal axe to grind with either of you

So why no reply to my PM's?

I accept that not everyone will agree with this decision

Not sure who disagreed with it, Baltimore? I merely asked if the guys work could be placed in to the Trip forum instead, as you were willing to make special dispensations for another member there.

As you say...
You cut it short Baltimore, and i for one respect a lot of your views but you do tend to bend in what direction you feel at the time, a valid challenge should be met with a fair response,like Johansen been waiting for jonf45 reports and was going to say is this not a mini trip report just put in wrong place with a lot of history for all of us. Thanks for the history lesson jonf45 enjoyed so much ........... a real trip into history. sjmk.
Quote Quoting Johansen, from a previous post

So why no reply to my PM's?

I've been out on the road for two days, driven over 400 miles and had about 6 hours sleep. Give me a chance to catch my breath, for goodness sake. For the record, I have just replied.
Quote Quoting Johansen, from a previous post

I merely asked if the guys work could be placed in to the Trip forum instead, as you were willing to make special dispensations for another member there.

Sam was pointing out an error on my part. He was not asking for a dispensation to be made in his favour.
Quote Quoting sjmk, from a previous post

you do tend to bend in what direction you feel at the time

Anyone else want to join in...

Frankly, if Jon wants to post his photos in Trip Reports thread, then who am I to argue. I can't guarantee that they won't be deleted by one of the other Site Mods., given that at least two of them share my views on the subject and have been equally vociferous in saying that a ban/limit should be imposed. However, if that does happen, at least you'll have someone else to point the finger at!
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: