Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic Photography Forum | Other site experiences.

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 6 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
Are there any forum/site members with experiences of other Aviation sites hosting photography like here.
Good/bad?. I ask as I had some rejected recently of one of Thomsons latest 788s on delivery flight as it passed over me nr Wigan, even before it touched down at MAN. Perfect bottom up view with the nav lights on to boot.
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
In my experience, the likes of A.net, JetPhotos, etc., are far more selective when it comes to screening photos. Our screeners are like docile pussy cats compared to theirs!! You don't have to look very far to find reems of blog posts written by disgruntled photographers who have had their shots rejected by other sites for what, on the face of it, appear to be the most spurious of reasons. The fact that P-M accepts over 75 per cent of the pics uploaded speaks volumes IMHO. Also bear in mind that the screening times on other sites tend to be much longer compared to P-M - up to two weeks in some cases.
Tried uploading a few to planespotters.net but stopped after one got rejected for "having a yellow tinge" on a sunset photo.

However I follow my own simple rule:

I photoshop a photo until I'm happy with it. If I think it's good enough, I will upload. If it's rejected, I never re upload. If I wanted a website that shows all my pics, I can pay for one myself. If I'm not prepared to pay, I can't really tell someone else what should be on their website.
i find the main problem with sites like airliners and jet photos is the sheer size of membership this demands a large team of screeners therefore individual criteria will vary i think p-m has only two screeners at the moment and they seem to work in harmony thank goodness. having said that i have over 900 shots accepted on jet photos my advice is give other sites a try,
Quote Quoting bluechalk, from a previous post

i think p-m has only two screeners at the moment

That is correct. We would like to add at least one more, so anyone who has an acceptance ratio in excess of 80 per cent and at least 100 pics uploaded (on P-M and/or another bona fide aviation-oriented website) is welcome to apply.
Quote Quoting bluechalk, from a previous post

they seem to work in harmony

I can vouch for that fact. The P-M screening system allows individual screeners to communicate with one another and it is not unusual for a second opinion to be sought when a shot is borderline or there is a question mark over the composition, motive, etc.
Thanks for the opinions guys, would be good to upload a few to see what you think. Still getting to grips with my DSLR even after having it nearly a year happy
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: