Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Topic Site Related Forum | PLEASE READ - HAS THE TIME COME TO CALL IT A DAY??

Topic Information

Posts There are a total of 8 posts
Login or register to see new posts since you last visited the topic.

Bookmark / Share

Subscribe
I get the distinct impression that support for Plane-Mad is waning fast. Blog posts are few and far between and, when photos are uploaded, the number of views is, likewise, greatly reduced.

Given that (as previously highlighted), it is costing in excess of 100 pounds sterling per month to keep the site going, I am starting to seriously question whether it is actually worth the time, effort and expense.

What do others think?

Baltimore
Quote | Reply | Top of Page
Interesting! I posted this 3 days ago and nobody has responded. I guess that answers my original question.

Baltimore
I still visit daily and try to upload/screen as often as possible but it seems we don't have the traffic any more. It would be a shame to close P-M but flogging a dead horse is pointless
I'm thinking about binning the current format and relaunching as a photo-oriented site. I'd also probably be inclined to keep some of the Forums and the UK Airport Guides (for info. re. spotting locations, etc.).

Any thoughts?

Baltimore
sounds good. Would we be able to accept new members? I think this is an issue holding back P-M. I use instagram a lot and see so many that are frustrated with Jetphotos strict acceptance. Of course standards have to be upheld but at P-M we were always had a more forgiving approach to accepting pictures. This would attract more users.
Yes, we'd effectively be starting again from scratch, so all the functionality that we've lost would be restored. I'm told that the existing photo database can be copied over to the new site, but the viewing figures would be reset to zero - which, personally, I don't see as a major problem. I agree that our USP should be the fact that, as you so eloquently put it, we adopt a more forgiving approach when it comes to screening pics. We definitely don't want to become another JP, A-net or similar!

Baltimore.
i.ll make one
That would be great, bluechalk. Thank you very much for the offer. I knew the 'usual suspects' would get stuck in! Together, we can do this!!

Baltimore
Error

You need to be logged in to post messages in our forums.

Please login or if you do not have an account then you can register an account for free.

Add Photos Upload Your Photos!

Quick Uploading
Our upload form allows you to fill in the aircraft data while your photo uploads in the background making it what we believe to be the quickest aviation photo upload form on the net.

We even give you a progress bar showing how long until your photo is uploaded!

Quick Screening
We screen most photos within 24 hours.
Any rejections are always given comments detailing the reasons.

Join our growing list of photographers and upload your shots to Plane Mad.

Rate Us Rate Us On

Best Aviation Sites
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com
TOP 100 AVIATION SITES
Please Wait Please Wait - Loading
Close
Close

Login

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

Remember me on this computer

Forgotten your password? Get a reset password sent to your registered e-mail address

Close

User Private Message

Subject: